HE351VE on a 12 valve

Got the billet adapter from MC Motorsports last night and it will just work out right! Big thanks to Michael!

Glad that worked out! That's good news for me too! Waiting impatiently for installed pics...

Also, thank you for your patients and help, it's appreciated.

MC

Ok, ok, I'll get the thing on with pics of the clearance as soon as I can, but the project will have to go on hold for a little while, I just found out I'm co-leading a backpacking trip through the patagonian cordillera from jan-march :woohoo:

Again, thank you Michael.

Oh, one piece of feedback for the adapter: The bolt (if you're facing the exh. intake of the charger) that you would see on the top left, is not threaded, and if there is any way to thread that hole on the billet adapter to then accept a bolt from the other side, that would make the thing perfect. If that's not clear, I'll explain more later, gotta go!

Ok, ok, I'll get the thing on with pics of the clearance as soon as I can, but the project will have to go on hold for a little while, I just found out I'm co-leading a backpacking trip through the patagonian cordillera from jan-march :woohoo:

Again, thank you Michael.

Oh, one piece of feedback for the adapter: The bolt (if you're facing the exh. intake of the charger) that you would see on the top left, is not threaded, and if there is any way to thread that hole on the billet adapter to then accept a bolt from the other side, that would make the thing perfect. If that's not clear, I'll explain more later, gotta go!

I think I follow, There is a through hole in the turbine housing. You can just get a longer bolt and a flange nut and call it a day on that one...

Other than that I think it looks good!

I think I follow, There is a through hole in the turbine housing. You can just get a longer bolt and a flange nut and call it a day on that one...

Other than that I think it looks good!

That's a good solution! But I think he wants to drill the hole out and thread a bolt into the adapter? For some reason? Honestly, it would confuse some people, and I have no doubt a couple would complain about having to drill that hole out. Unfortunately, I have to make parts that are easy to install and require as little additional work as possible.

Or did you run into a different issue? I had no problems with the turbine I had here.

I think I follow, There is a through hole in the turbine housing.

I just re-read this... A through hole? All 4 holes were tapped in the turbine housing that my customer sent me... By "through hole" you mean one bolt hole is not tapped, right? One hole did go all the way through, but was threaded. Did they change something along the way?

P1010004.jpg

I just re-read this... A through hole? All 4 holes were tapped in the turbine housing that my customer sent me... By "through hole" you mean one bolt hole is not tapped, right? One hole did go all the way through, but was threaded. Did they change something along the way?

By "through hole" I mean that one hole on the turbine housing goes all the way through the material, and on mine it was not threaded. I used a piece of all thread and two nuts to secure the housing to the flange.

You can see it on this picture as the shiny silver nut on the lower right hand of the turbine housing. So to alleviate this problem just specify that they need a longer bolt and a flange nut if their turbo has the unthreaded through hole.

:ft:

By "through hole" I mean that one hole on the turbine housing goes all the way through the material, and on mine it was not threaded. I used a piece of all thread and two nuts to secure the housing to the flange.

You can see it on this picture as the shiny silver nut on the lower right hand of the turbine housing. So to alleviate this problem just specify that they need a longer bolt and a flange nut if their turbo has the unthreaded through hole.

:ft:

Got it, thanks for the heads up. I kinda ASSumed they were all the same. There was only one hole (I think) that went all the way through on the turbine that I had, but it was threaded as well as the other three that were blind holes.
Thanks,
MC

That's a good solution! But I think he wants to drill the hole out and thread a bolt into the adapter? For some reason? Honestly, it would confuse some people, and I have no doubt a couple would complain about having to drill that hole out. Unfortunately, I have to make parts that are easy to install and require as little additional work as possible.

Or did you run into a different issue? I had no problems with the turbine I had here.

i also bought the flange from u off bay and yea one of the holes on the turbo are not threaded so u had to buy a bolt that was 1.5", (i bought a 2" bolt)and use one of the stock nuts. would have been nicer to thread a bolt into the flange and look cleaner.
screw.jpg
1688.jpg

i also bought the flange from u off bay and yea one of the holes on the turbo are not threaded so u had to buy a bolt that was 1.5", (i bought a 2" bolt)and use one of the stock nuts. would have been nicer to thread a bolt into the flange and look cleaner.

Well, it's not a problem, but I need to know what year turbo, or what model turbo has the thru hole, and what ones have all tapped holes.

If it had to be one of the other, I would prefer to leave all four countersunk as having to drill the turbo would be more inconvenient. It would be easier to supply everyone with a longer bolt, washer and nut if necessary, but would look better and be more professional, if I had the info.

Thanks,
MC

hey mc np, im thinking my turbo came off an 07' or 07.5' ill see what info i can get off the turbo tomorrow, its down at the shop.

Is this a constantly variable unit or open/close deal?

What inputs will it have?

You'll plug the controller into the CAN bus port like on the VP's and it will read all the info that it needs from there. There is a USB port on the box that allows you to upload your custom boost maps on the fly. It also allows you to dial the boost up and down on the fly as well.

It's much more complicated/refined than a wastegate actuator. It works as holset intended it to.

Does this controller take EBP into account?

All that worries me is that the common failure of these turbos is that electronic voodoo box on them. So do we need to worry about that part?

So the "pig-tail" coming from the holset controller is all that is connected to your control box? Is there a back pressure and boost pressure input for this in the future? shaft speed?

VERY curious and VERY INTERESTED!!

Does this controller take EBP into account?

All that worries me is that the common failure of these turbos is that electronic voodoo box on them. So do we need to worry about that part?

It's only as reliable as holset engineered it to be.

It can take exhaust backpressure into account but it will use several calculations that are much more accurate than EBP.