HE351VE on a 12 valve

So if you had the stock shock or strut tower in place, looks like the turbo would just clear and the tower would sit slightly between the turbine and compressor?

Any way you can tell me what all years this adapter will work with, and what years it wouldn't, or would potentially have problems?

Thanks,
MC

mc, without having the tower in place i cant say, would also make a difference how the accuator is setup. the way my setup is i dont think it would work if i had the tower in place. important part is if the fleece setup will fit seeing how thats how most pep will go...

I still haven't had the time to pull it all apart again, this is my only vehicle, and I use it for work pretty much every day. The day that I did have it apart though, I didn't actually get a chance to mount the turbo to the manifold, I was running out of time and would have had to re-clock the housings to clear the shock tower. The clearance is going to be very tight, but from what I saw, it was going to work. One thing I had not taken into account though was the oil drain when I initially tried this fit. Due to the orientation of the VG arm and the oil drain, the center section will have to be clocked just so, in a way that hopefully allows for the oil drain to still function, and the rest of the assembly to clear the tower. I still think it will work though...just work.

nope

but the bottom (outlet) of both elbows are the same (if the 5.9 is 04.5 and up)

Thanks my plan is to buy a 6.7 manifold, turbo and elbow and just mount it, is there more i need exept the regulation?

I have a 04.5

i think its all you need.
Elbows come included in most turbos.. basicly u need a 6.7 manifold and block of plates

The 6.7 manifold is hard to find, anyone who know where to buy them for a low price, i've allready checked ebay.

The 6.7 manifold is hard to find, anyone who know where to buy them for a low price, i've allready checked ebay.

Maybe at the performance shops... I would assume that they might have a few laying around after doing turbo swaps on 6.7s

Great, maybe you have a great "Christmas price" on it so my children not are staying without gifts.

No no, I'm sure your children will understand when you tell them that santa didn't come this year because he was working on a turbo project on his new Cummins powered sled :ft:. Tough economy, but looks like the reindeer are going out to pasture...

No no, I'm sure your children will understand when you tell them that santa didn't come this year because he was working on a turbo project on his new Cummins powered sled :ft:. Tough economy, but looks like the reindeer are going out to pasture...

If they was boys maybe, BUT they are girls and just talk about horses.
I agree the reindeer must pasture at least one more year they looks so thin (hope they understand)

my vgt is actuated by cable.. how can you use your exhaust brake feature?
i also mounted mine down and grinded the shock bolt off for fitment

photo-96.jpg
[/IMG]

Waiting on the adapter plate to get here, should be tomorrow.

That is the test setup though, I want to go back and make it pretty later. LOL

Back