HE351VE on a 12 valve

Im still waiting on engine guy, and I call dibs on the used one if you switch.

LOL

I'm on the list for one of these electronic controllers as soon as Brayden can get one setup for my mechanical engine. I hope its soon I cant wait to put this on with my procharger.

maybe since my arm moves every time i go over 20psi (which is very often) that i don't have any issues what-so-ever with sticking?

maybe since my arm moves every time i go over 20psi (which is very often) that i don't have any issues what-so-ever with sticking?

Mine starts to move at about 12psi... But then again, I also have a slight oil leak that doesn't seem to be helping :bang

I have read that some of you who are using exhaust pressure instead of boost pressure to run your turbo's. Have you had any problem with soot........ and what are the pro's and con's of each system?

hey gents well i finally got the 6.7 turbo on my 12er and have to say much better then the edge jammer i had replaced with the 6.7 turbo, big thanks to mc for the flange, quick bolt up. have to say the the middle gasket was hard to keep in place but grease works wounders. im not sure if the shock tower will be in the way for those of u using the flange. i built spacers and eliminated the tower so no worries. ill get some pics up tomorrow when i have light

Good deal! What size is the jammer turbo?

Why is this one better? Spoolup? Power?

Hey Ben! Thanks for stopping by the house today. And enjoy Fort Collins' finest. I will probably have to start my own thread, First HE351VE on a 12valve...that's in a Chevy! haha

Good deal! What size is the jammer turbo?

Why is this one better? Spoolup? Power?

i think they only made one jammer turbo, some where about 62mm not sure, good for 500 hp. the 6.7 turbo seems to be smooth on power/spool. today i ran against a truck with close to same mods - the 4k springs and 2wd with my old jammer turbo and the 6.7 turbo had enough to catch and pass my buddys truck

Sicknick.. You'll have to hurry. A local friend is doing the same.

Brayden: regarding the wipe on th turbos... Our 8330 and 8130 tractors with variable turbo do that right after engine shut off every time!
You can hear it max out to both sides a couple of times. I never knew what that sound was till I poped the hood n saw the turbo actuator moving

the other thing nice to have woul be EB during idle when cold,
it warms the engine up a good bit sooner,

Thanks Mike, but I don't quite understand what the first picture is showing, no biggie, I've just never owned one of these trucks. Looks like your body is sitting well above the shock tower? I'm assuming a body lift? What are the spacers you built and what do they do? Sorry if they are dumb questions.
MC

Np in the first pic I took is shown I don't have the tower, the tower would norm stick up a think 6" or more on top of the bucket for the spring. The spacer I built is to lift the truck and sits in the bucket and on top of the spring. u can kinda see here, this is an old spacer i built. u can see how the shock goes up threw the spring bucket and half the tower that it bolts to, my spacer has the shock bolting to the top of it.. ill pull my air box and try to take a better pic and i think i have an old tower laying around i can try to fit in.

P1010253.JPG

Last edited:
Now it makes perfect sense, thanks. How high can you get your truck using that method without getting in too much trouble with alignment and bump-steer, ect?

u know im not sure that spacer is 3.5", i kind of just seem to play the lift game, went from stock dually to 8" springs and single wheeled it. then pulled the 8" to 4" and just ended up back at 7" with the spacer. but the 4" springs ride smoother, reason for the spacers...

this is a dumb question, but shouldn't the center section be straight up and down so that oil will drain properly, or does this not matter? Just curious. Also do you think that the turbo would hit an unmodified shock tower?

Back