HELP

Ok. I'm at a total loss at this point-as you see in my signature on here that's what I have done to my truck. I just got my 125hp injectors back from DDP after having them reset the bar and clean and check them, they said they're good to go.. With my edge on any level
And the back down disabled when I'm on the interstate and get on it the truck starts hoppin and just simply runnin like a$$ and the turbo just don't sound right and it sounds like its surging. At 1/2 throttle its at 40lbs of boost and 1200egt and it feels like it wants to tear itself apart. I just had a set of stock
Injectors back in it while my big injectors were at DDP and it ran great with no
Problems at all other than my throttle response succked(obviously). My fuel system
Is completely aftermarket and bigger except for the injection lines and I'm still runnin the stock turbo an cam-could those be the cause????? Any help
Or advice is beyond greatly appreciated cause I can only figure that maybe I'm
Just simply not getting enough air in with the stock turbo and cam.

i had a problem like that it was the map sensor i had pluged it in wrong try switching the plugs around.

He shipped them to ddp about 2 months ago, they said they checked them and reset the bar. But when he was running stock sticks it ran fine. I am not agreeing with him 100% on the sticks being the problem, but it is sure pointing that way.

injectors are the only thing at this point to me that makes the most sense of being my problem. especially now with the bigger turbo, which rules out the over fueling problem. as i stated earlier in this thread i have replaced every sensor except cam position an coolant temp, ive even tried a different ECM, got a brand new module and harness from edge, tried fuel treatments, eveythihng thats been suggested to me, etc... when the stock injectors were back in for those couple weeks it ran absolutely fine no problems then as soon as i put the 125s back in when i got em back from DDP it started actin up that evening within 10min of leaving the garage. im comfortable in saying its junk injectors at this point, if the injectors arent it then idk other than to just p-pump it and be done with the electronic BS but im not ready to accept that level of defeat yet!! :)

Spoke with DDP and it was with the same guy I spoke to before that said I was dealing with an over fueling issue. Now he is saying that there's no way it's the injectors and he thinks it's electrical. So with that being said this weekend I am hooking up a snap on ethos scan tool and drivin around and monitoring sensor voltages fuel temp RPMs everything and writing them
Down and faxing it to DDP. Maybe it is electrical? But I've replaced every sensor but cam position and coolant temp, tried 2 different ECMs got a brand new module an harness from edge with newest software. We shall see. DDP is willing to have me sen these injectors in for a full rebuild but I'm not doin that until
After I do this sensor monitoring with the ethos

It could be something electrical, but I'm still betting injectors.

I guess the bigger injectors could be making another problem worse but I'd still lay pretty good odds that somethings wrong in the tips.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

It could be something electrical, but I'm still betting injectors.

I guess the bigger injectors could be making another problem worse but I'd still lay pretty good odds that somethings wrong in the tips.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

That's my theory to. I think injectors also because the dang thing run fine with no
Problems what so ever when I had the stock injectors back in while these injectors off to DDP about a month or so ago.

VP44 is weak, the bigger injectors are just amplifying it. I don't care how old the pump is, the VP is an unreliable piece of **** that can die at any time. Could be the injectors, but I doubt it.

No offense to anyone, but to think this was an overfueling issue is asinine. Overfueling a stock turbo will not cause this surging.

VP44 is weak, the bigger injectors are just amplifying it. I don't care how old the pump is, the VP is an unreliable piece of **** that can die at any time. Could be the injectors, but I doubt it.

No offense to anyone, but to think this was an overfueling issue is asinine. Overfueling a stock turbo will not cause this surging.

Now it did this BS before I put the hotrod pump on and it did it the day of puttin the hotrod pump on. Fuel pressure to the VP never goes below 17psi with the AirDog 2 165 feedin it.

Hooked the scan tool up over the weekend, drove aroud and everything looks ok from an electrical standpoint. MAP sensor voltage was a little low but still within the correct range. What's the chance of the cam sensor being the issue since when it starts the bucking its at a certain rpm? Around 1800-2000rpm. Also note, when watching the real time graph on the scan tool engine and injection pump RPMs are identical so would that elimate the VP bein the problem even though I've never thought the VP was the root cause..? Still think the injectors just aren't right. But bein that this problem is outside temp dependant it's makin more sense that it's electrical and not mechanical thats why I ask about the cam sensor..

Shoot me an engine serial number and I can tell you how much the sensor would cost from Cummins.

I do believe I found me a set of injectors, scheid 210hp. Gettin them
This weekend as long as my buddy that has them don't screw me on em. Also am goin to replace the cam sensor this weekend

I do believe I found me a set of injectors, scheid 210hp. Gettin them
This weekend as long as my buddy that has them don't screw me on em. Also am goin to replace the cam sensor this weekend

no go on the injectors, they are 8 hole and i wanna stick with 7 or 6 hole. still doin the cam sensor this weekend though, hopefully that solves somethin*bdh*:nail:

Im having the same problem as you. I called edge today thinking it might be something with the chip but not likely. The only info I could find was about a bad apps or a bad ground somewhere. Mine will only do it in overdrive between 1500-2000 RPMs. I checked apps voltage and it was good didnt get a chance to do anything else yet. Im pretty sure with mine its not the injectors because I can mash it in 1st 2nd and 3rd with no problems just OD. And like you said it only seems to do it in the cold weather. Gotta figure this out it bugs the hell out of me. :bang

if i was you i would just find another set of sticks, even if you just borrow a friends or something to take that out of the equation wouldnt take long at all and it would tell you the problem, over fueling should definatly not be the issue, i ran 200's on a stock turbo for months and had absolutly no problems. also does your truck blow any white or blue smoke when it does this bucking?

If it were bad grounds, or the JWA, or the APPS I would have found it by now. My truck has done this in the cold for over 4 years now. The JWA has been sent off three times, I'm on my third APPS, and I don't have any retarded ass loose grounds. :D I wish someone would figure this out. I'm leanin' towards a mis-matched turbo these days more and more.

if i was you i would just find another set of sticks, even if you just borrow a friends or something to take that out of the equation wouldnt take long at all and it would tell you the problem, over fueling should definatly not be the issue, i ran 200's on a stock turbo for months and had absolutly no problems. also does your truck blow any white or blue smoke when it does this bucking?

no, it does not blow any blue or black smoke