Here it is ... stand alone ECU for the CR-Cummins

Maybe I was reading between the lines,... but

I thought at first, a few really competent trustworthy shops were planning to be trained by Volker so they could apply the technology to our trucks based on the mods that are on the truck so someone who just wants to go fast without having the proper support will NOT be able to F.... their truck up because they will be denied that level of tune. Shops like Floor It and Mumau Diesel and others that are reputable, would be great places to start, IMO. Those guys won't make the mistakes that the individual would on his own truck,..... it is Volkerized Insurance.

Maybe I've got it wrong,.. but that's what I am understanding the intent is on the rollout of this product.

So Volker,.. is this right??

afraid not, sounds like he's partnering with wade. if thats not a kick in the shorts, I don't know what could be.

I thought at first, a few really competent trustworthy shops were planning to be trained by Volker so they could apply the technology to our trucks based on the mods that are on the truck so someone who just wants to go fast without having the proper support will NOT be able to F.... their truck up because they will be denied that level of tune. Shops like Floor It and Mumau Diesel and others that are reputable, would be great places to start, IMO. Those guys won't make the mistakes that the individual would on his own truck,..... it is Volkerized Insurance.

Maybe I've got it wrong,.. but that's what I am understanding the intent is on the rollout of this product.

So Volker,.. is this right??

Yes.

John

EFI

I think you are missing the reasoning behind Volkers decision to not release the software yet. He is only one man, to be able to provide everyone with the tech support they would need would consume every waking minute he has. With EFI live there is multiple forums to go ask questions, not so with the stand-alones.

EFI live here I come

EFI live here I come

Thats awesome, the more people that biatch and moan and get somethin else the better. Means I have less competition to deal with on the track.

Ya'll get your panties out of your crack and chill out. This is just an upcoming product that has not even got the bugs worked out if it yet much less the logisticals worked out on the customer service and sales. I know Volkar is wanting to bring it in slowly and maby even limit the # of them due to him not being overwhelmed with it all.

Thats awesome, the more people that biatch and moan and get somethin else the better. Means I have less competition to deal with on the track.

Ya'll get your panties out of your crack and chill out. This is just an upcoming product that has not even got the bugs worked out if it yet much less the logisticals worked out on the customer service and sales. I know Volkar is wanting to bring it in slowly and maby even limit the # of them due to him not being overwhelmed with it all.

Ryan,
Your exactly right. I think Volker is doing the right thing bringing it out this way until he gets the bugs worked out and then he can release the software and teach the people to use it. I would rather have Volker tune my truck then jump into it blind and melt it down. It sounds like this is a great product and will be leaps and bounds ahead of what we have now. At least we will know and have some control over the parameters that have been melting our motors.

Ryan,
Your exactly right. I think Volker is doing the right thing bringing it out this way until he gets the bugs worked out and then he can release the software and teach the people to use it. I would rather have Volker tune my truck then jump into it blind and melt it down. It sounds like this is a great product and will be leaps and bounds ahead of what we have now. At least we will know and have some control over the parameters that have been melting our motors.

Finally a couple guys get it! Well a few others do too but this is the main reason!

John

Ryan,

Amem! Doens't seem like some are putting themselves in Volkers position...

I think most are letting impatience get in the way of seeing through the tribulations of proper tuning...those are the very individuals who will purchase a product that they can tune themselves, then blame the manufacture when it doesn't work or if their truck doesn't run as good as they dreamed it would...they may even swole an engine or two all to the tune of manufacture defect.

Keep up the work Volker!

I think most are letting impatience get in the way of seeing through the tribulations of proper tuning...those are the very individuals who will purchase a product that they can tune themselves, then blame the manufacture when it doesn't work or if their truck doesn't run as good as they dreamed it would...they may even swole an engine or two all to the tune of manufacture defect.

Keep up the work Volker!
Don't you suppose there are some out there that have experience tuning CR diesels? Don't you think they have the basics down and don't need the hand holding?

In the end, there are a few main tables that make the major difference. The rest are used as driveability tuning.

When EFILive launched for the Dmax, how do you think that was received? How many trucks have failed because the owner used EFILive improperly?

I'm excited about Volker's ECM. The price for the ECM is a little less than a comparable p-pump. At the same time I'm disappointed by the software release agenda.

Don't you suppose there are some out there that have experience tuning CR diesels? Don't you think they have the basics down and don't need the hand holding?

In the end, there are a few main tables that make the major difference. The rest are used as driveability tuning.

When EFILive launched for the Dmax, how do you think that was received? How many trucks have failed because the owner used EFILive improperly?

I'm excited about Volker's ECM. The price for the ECM is a little less than a comparable p-pump. At the same time I'm disappointed by the software release agenda.

I agree with Brandon on this. I have dealt with programs that have parameters that probably dwarf the capability of this standalone. There will be some time spent tuning that is no doubt, but for those who want to tunre it, I say let them. I do see his reasons for holding it back.

I mean after all it appears that Brandon is a Friggin genious.

I mean after all it appears that Brandon is a Friggin genious.

im_with_genius.jpg

Anyone have any updates... John i will be a tester for you if you need.

last status was that there were a few glitches in the software, and that they are working them out.

Wes

Will the stand alone ECU will work a 2010 truck?:Cheer: I just bought a new ride, and I want to dump the emission junk and add a set of twins.:evil

Keep the updates coming...