Here it is ... stand alone ECU for the CR-Cummins

comp461 is your old boss?

someone's heads getting big.

No, but Wade is his partner LMAO

I just do not get it. A stand alone with no software = WORTHLESS. Having to deal with specific individuals for tuning puts it right back where we are already with the exception of higher RPM's. The "concerns over people breaking engines" is total BS just as the "software is too confusing" is. The end user uses at their own risk just like any other performance part. Same cost for this one with the software as the Bosch stand alone. No big break through here. Seems to me this is just a generic ECM that is being marketed for a specific use because someone who owned the software took the time to adapt it to the Cummins engine. Just another game of "Who's tunes are you running" like the Dmax and Powerstroke tuner market.

I just do not get it. A stand alone with no software = WORTHLESS. Having to deal with specific individuals for tuning puts it right back where we are already with the exception of higher RPM's. The "concerns over people breaking engines" is total BS just as the "software is too confusing" is. The end user uses at their own risk just like any other performance part. Same cost for this one with the software as the Bosch stand alone. No big break through here. Seems to me this is just a generic ECM that is being marketed for a specific use because someone who owned the software took the time to adapt it to the Cummins engine. Just another game of "Who's tunes are you running" like the Dmax and Powerstroke tuner market.

Best post in the thread imo....

The folks dishing out these standalones... Even the much lusted after TNT/R when it first came out... They very well know they will win in court if you blow your own motor. States on any software or "box". use at your own risk in some form or another.

However, You can sue anyone in America for anything for any reason and not be held accountable for your mis guided attempt to collect on your own mistake.

If 10 people sue company "ABC" all at once (for example).. they'll close up shop call it quits, lawyer fees alone could will put them out to defend them selves. Even if they win every case.. Then they gota go back and counter sue every single one to get their lawyer fee money back. Deeeeeep pockets needed for that crap. If the system worked out that the loser pays all the fees and bills. Would you see 10 people taking a chance at getting a free motor?

We all on this site understand this concept. but there are 100times more idiots out there that don't and/or don't care.

So, to protect the small business, volker, and the others are going to hold back until they can almost dummy proof the system.

and in the interest of dummy proofing, it should also be important to not deal with people that are snakes in the grass, all it takes is one lousy, no good, ........... tu turn folks away from a company, decisions should be made wisely, or backed out of while there is still time. think about it, most of the folks we deal with we do so for their way of doing things, and their product. First impressions do not go away, and can never be forgotten.

Sorry, you have to contact me ... I'm the sales rep for them here in the USA ...

While it is a cool product, the lack of the on the ability to change the fueling, and the release of the destroked PCM, which doesn't require a harness. I don't see it taking off.

To blow up an $30k engine in 20 second ... go ahead!!!

While it is a cool product, the lack of the on the ability to change the fueling, and the release of the destroked PCM, which doesn't require a harness. I don't see it taking off.

Every product has is advantage and disadvantage ... weight your pro and contras and decide which way you want to go ... Bosch Motorsport (which I talk often to and have open conversation and give each other tips) or Zeus which product I don't know and I'm sure is a good product or you can deal with me .... your choice ...

Every product has is advantage and disadvantage ... weight your pro and contras and decide which way you want to go ... Bosch Motorsport (which I talk often to and have open conversation and give each other tips) or Zeus which product I don't know and I'm sure is a good product or you can deal with me .... your choice ...

That is the best part of it, the choice!!

Just like you said not all are going to be the same and some will fill a user's needs and some won't. Your ECM may be the ideal choice in 1 situation and may not even be an option for others. Not to mention choices always swing pricing to the purchaser's favor. I am certain if their were 4-5 diff. products equal to the Bosch system you would see a massive decrease in pricing. Keep up the good work. 30 seconds could be 3 passes. That's a lot more than some on here can claim per engine. LOL

That is the best part of it, the choice!!

Just like you said not all are going to be the same and some will fill a user's needs and some won't. Your ECM may be the ideal choice in 1 situation and may not even be an option for others. Not to mention choices always swing pricing to the purchaser's favor. I am certain if their were 4-5 diff. products equal to the Bosch system you would see a massive decrease in pricing. Keep up the good work. 30 seconds could be 3 passes. That's a lot more than some on here can claim per engine. LOL

At least you are agree with me that you have choices. Bosch and me (I don't know Zeus) are in the same price line (if I relaise the SW) and we both have pro and contras which you can decide what to do ... but see ... an ECU is a heart of your engine ... this thing is running the bloodvessel (fuel delivery) which controls the air supply also. This thing is not just a thing, it is a complex electonic which is build from masters engineers, 20 years of experiences of engine managment from our oldest employee, testing in climate chambers for 1000's of hours (heat and cold), going with all certivication of TuV and 9001 also the steet certivication in Europe, applicatble from 1 cylinder to 8 cylinder, it's a test bench or stand alone controller. This thing has more application variation as your stock ECU. Did you ever checked out what a stock ECU cost? Yes it need's a custom wiring harness, which I can easly work in the stock harness, as I split in new connectors in between, if you don't like my product, unhook my harness, plug your old one in, press the out of the cam-shaft sensor plug and you are ready to go ... BTW FYI ... Bosch, you have to modify your cam shaft wheel also ... you have to plug all 12 holes and keep the 13th ...

edit ... spelling

i can not believe someone would use 'i don't want you to blow up your engine' as a reason to not sell something. this is like selling a sigma pump with only 250cc of fuel.

if someone sold something that gave you 4000hp but only lasted one run for the right price people would buy it.

give them a stock tune that runs and the rest is my business.

i can not believe someone would use 'i don't want you to blow up your engine' as a reason to not sell something. this is like selling a sigma pump with only 250cc of fuel.

if someone sold something that gave you 4000hp but only lasted one run for the right price people would buy it.

This is all of my experiences ... be carefull ... if I'm a baker you can still knock your teeth out!!! Who will sue me first?

This is Way different than a Sigma pump, only a few variables to get set up with it compared to Stand alone and all of it's tables! Why release something very complicated that can and will blow engines right and left if you dont know what your doing! We're doing this slowly so engines dont blow right and left from lack of knowledge of the tuning software.

John

This is Way different than a Sigma pump, only a few variables to get set up with it compared to Stand alone and all of it's tables! Why release something very complicated that can and will blow engines right and left if you dont know what your doing! We're doing this slowly so engines dont blow right and left from lack of knowledge of the tuning software.

John

how will anyone have knowledge if you dont release it for us to learn, these motors are not made of glass they will take a little abuse... aem, dsmlink, motech, autronic, mega squirt, big stuff, all these company's release there software. with notice that they are not liable for any damage to the vehicle...