Here it is ... stand alone ECU for the CR-Cummins

So is this going to be comparable to the Zeus ECM? Your ECM, Harness, and Software in the range of 3500$? Am i going to be able to tune my own ECM like i will be able to with the Zeus? From my impression of your posts this sure seems like a deal of where you are going to have to tune each truck. If thats the case then why not just go with a Smarty vs. your tuning? Because it can turn more RPM?

The capabilities with this will be far greater than a programmer.

Depending on your use, you may not need the RPMs but if your sled pulling or drag racing RPMs can be a huge factor.

Street trucks will probally not need this, and with the tuning it shouldnt be for the ameture tuner, or we may have twice the number of melted down trucks!

The capabilities with this will be far greater than a programmer.

Depending on your use, you may not need the RPMs but if your sled pulling or drag racing RPMs can be a huge factor.

Street trucks will probally not need this, and with the tuning it shouldnt be for the ameture tuner, or we may have twice the number of melted down trucks!

You are missing my point sort of... volker is insinuating that he is going to travel to places to tune and he will also be at diesel events to tune. Why is Volkers tuning going to be necessary, he is going to provide the market with a tool for us to use not a tuning service for him. Just from the looks of it the Zeus ECM is going to be the ticket for guys wanting to tune their own trucks not having Volker do the tuning.

I was really thinking about selling and getting out of it. Boy am I tempted now to build a motor.

You are missing my point sort of... volker is insinuating that he is going to travel to places to tune and he will also be at diesel events to tune. Why is Volkers tuning going to be necessary, he is going to provide the market with a tool for us to use not a tuning service for him. Just from the looks of it the Zeus ECM is going to be the ticket for guys wanting to tune their own trucks not having Volker do the tuning.

Yes... But unless the "Zeus" uses 24V injector drivers... it will leave ALOT on the table to Volkers system.

I'm still in line for Volkers... Even if it's more money.

No, what he's saying is that he will be at big events and can help tune customer's trucks and iron out problems they may be having or if you want him to tweak your truck on the dyno that wouldn't be a big deal either. He is leaving the tuning up to the end user but will help out if there's a problem the user doesn't understand. At least that's what I'm getting out of this.

10,000$ including software seems like a lot of money :eek:

Power costs money.... How much you wanna spend? LOL....

The way I look at it is this.... Theres already so much money in these trucks... whats another 10K to finally get them to their potential!?

So is this going to be comparable to the Zeus ECM? Your ECM, Harness, and Software in the range of 3500$? Am i going to be able to tune my own ECM like i will be able to with the Zeus? From my impression of your posts this sure seems like a deal of where you are going to have to tune each truck. If thats the case then why not just go with a Smarty vs. your tuning? Because it can turn more RPM?

I don't know Zeus ECU and I'm sure it will be a good product, also I think the Smarty is a great product. I just want to go a different route with different application with different power levels. Also I will provide my customers my experience of 10 years of CR-engines tuning as of 15 years of development in the CR-fuel injection business, and will consult my customer with customized fuel injection systems, as of mapping and blueprinting of the injectors and fuel pumps.
I'm proud that my old boss was the founder of the common rail system and could learn a lot of the diesel engine and fuel systems. All this will have an influence in my new product and tuning service ...

Volker

Yeah... Please don't think I'm bad mouthing the Zeus... It looks like an awesome product as well.

And Bob and Marco with the Smarty are still 2 of the greatest minds in the industry in my opinion...

I just believe in Volkers product and it will be my next choice in tuning...

From my understanding, to be able to tune your own ECM, you will have to have the software which is an added cost, or have someone with the software tune it for you. You wont have to use Volkers tunes if you want your own custom tunes, but you will have to have access to the software. Volker will provide a base tune depending on your needs, and then will be available at events to offer advice on tunes.

The software is only a tool, so your tune is only that good how the user undersdtand his tool and proficient he is in understanding diesel. Give a retard a 5 axle CNC mashine, do you think he can programm and mashine a complex body housing without any introduction, classes, or lessons? Thats why I don't want in beginning to give out the software and start slowly and work with my customers and introduce them to the new tool and work from there. Software, maps, and numbers doesn't make your truck strong, it is the knowledge of the guy behind the laptop ...

The software is only a tool, so your tune is only that good how the user undersdtand his tool and proficient he is in understanding diesel. Give a retard a 5 axle CNC mashine, do you think he can programm and mashine a complex body housing without any introduction, classes, or lessons? Thats why I don't want in beginning to give out the software and start slowly and work with my customers and introduce them to the new tool and work from there. Software, maps, and numbers doesn't make your truck strong, it is the knowledge of the guy behind the laptop ...

I could see numerous melt downs and who knows what with someone who had no clue where to start tuning. And then a lot of bad rap would come with these ECMs. The capability could be a really good thing, or really bad depending on who is behind the computer. The same thing occurs now due to stacking of duration and pressure boxes that causes cracked injectors and melted pistons. I have seen it numerous times.

Anyone who knows this ecm would not blame a meltdown on the ecm itself, now if you start having gliche's in your software then yes It could get blamed on you. I know some standalones that dont do well in cold? I know some standalones that do good to moisture? is this box designed to go into the factory ecm location or maybe inside somewhere?

Anyone who knows this ecm would not blame a meltdown on the ecm itself, now if you start having gliche's in your software then yes It could get blamed on you. I know some standalones that dont do well in cold? I know some standalones that do good to moisture? is this box designed to go into the factory ecm location or maybe inside somewhere?

This unit is IP 66k protected which means sealed and tied under high pressure jet water and no problem with dust ... so you can located this unit wherever you want. So far I know the stock ECU has a cooler behind it, this would be necesary to keep there and you can make an adapter plate for it or just rewire it wherever you want.

If we got some gliches, we couldn't do this:

350 + mph :rockwoot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-IHbrMirFs

haha.. right im not saying it has glich's only if a standalone did it wouyld be bad for the truck... I know aem has had there share of problems on there 1310 box's actually gliching to a race gas map during mid run.. not good when there is a pump gas and no timing in the car....then bam.. it thinks its on q16...lol

This unit is IP 66k protected which means sealed and tied under high pressure jet water and no problem with dust ... so you can located this unit wherever you want. So far I know the stock ECU has a cooler behind it, this would be necesary to keep there and you can make an adapter plate for it or just rewire it wherever you want.

If we got some gliches, we couldn't do this:

350 + mph :rockwoot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-IHbrMirFs

I wanna post this video instead ... :doh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmAckqe4J_w

Will the software be available for those who are already experienced tuning CR diesels? If so, how much does it cost?

I'm proud that my old boss was the founder of the common rail system and could learn a lot of the diesel engine and fuel systems. All this will have an influence in my new product and tuning service ...

Volker

comp461 is your old boss?

someone's heads getting big.