Here it is ... stand alone ECU for the CR-Cummins

OK ... prices ...

We just decided a sales concept and will be like that:

A controller alone is $2500 with a custom base tune in it. The wiring harness will be around $650 - $700 and with a delivered stock harness will be cheaper. As in the beginning, the software will not be available for everyone, because we have to evaluate how everything goes. This year (2010) we will have a few units available and will see how this year will go. There will be a possibility to buy 2 units and we can exchange the units with tune changes. Also I will be on the most events where we can also tune the trucks. I don't want to overrun myself as a 24/7 hotline. In the future, we will have a few more guys to get the software and will be available for installing and tuning. I hope this helps for the beginning and Happy New Year and hope 2010 is the Year of big power :ft:

The "not available for everyone" part is the hard part. Completely understandable, but means there is probably time to go through another motor before the software is available for the average person.

Yeah, can understand the start up, and am sure its going to turn out great.
I'm looking for the whole package and in short order so went with the Bosch. More $$ and the software don't look near as good, however will be in my hands shortly. Not to interested in chasing someone down for tunes.....we've been doing that for quite some time. When there's no one to answer the phone, or answer PM's what do you have?

I agree, the ECM without the software defeats the whole point. Might as well keep the stock one and have many more choices at least.

$2500 is ballpark for a nice p-pump. I'd love to see the software in the hands of everyone. Then we'd have a great influx of Cummins parts sales and a striking need for aftermarket rods. :hehe:

I agree, the ECM without the software defeats the whole point. Might as well keep the stock one and have many more choices at least.

I'm absolutely agree ... and there are two sides of it ... The software is complex and have a lot of variables/tables/spec lines which you have to know everything of it, and what influences it has when you change this numbers. I'm working 8 years with this software and have still some question about it, but I know where ask, and I have to provide these information also to my buyer, so you will see I have to be a help desk 24/7. I don't feel good when I sell a Software to my customer but I can't provide him all necessary help to go through. I'm a one man with a "other" day job (yes it's diesel stuff)
but I can't guarantee the support. Also the Software is really expensive and I can't make money out of it ...

Tuning: it is not just put new numbers in a table and you have a great running engine. Tuning needs some base diesel knowledge, how the injector and pump works, how all electronic components get controlled/read etc ...

First I want to that a few guys running these ECU's and we get some knowledge how everything works how the engine response is.

I try to make some compromises here that we get everything slowly rolling, like I said, I'm a one man company which brings a lot of risk for myself and I want to bring new opportunities in the diesel sport which I love to be in!!!

I hope I helped here a bit to see through my thoughts and fears!!!

I'm absolutely agree ... and there are two sides of it ... The software is complex and have a lot of variables/tables/spec lines which you have to know everything of it, and what influences it has when you change this numbers. I'm working 8 years with this software and have still some question about it, but I know where ask, and I have to provide these information also to my buyer, so you will see I have to be a help desk 24/7. I don't feel good when I sell a Software to my customer but I can't provide him all necessary help to go through. I'm a one man with a "other" day job (yes it's diesel stuff)
but I can't guarantee the support. Also the Software is really expensive and I can't make money out of it ...

Tuning: it is not just put new numbers in a table and you have a great running engine. Tuning needs some base diesel knowledge, how the injector and pump works, how all electronic components get controlled/read etc ...

First I want to that a few guys running these ECU's and we get some knowledge how everything works how the engine response is.

I try to make some compromises here that we get everything slowly rolling, like I said, I'm a one man company which brings a lot of risk for myself and I want to bring new opportunities in the diesel sport which I love to be in!!!

I hope I helped here a bit to see through my thoughts and fears!!!

That is straight up shooting right there.:clap:

While I admit the huge amounts of broken parts does have a ring to it. :D
I'm guessing quality tech support is going to be necessity.

thats a good deal for $2500 dollar ballpark figure.

YES!! You might not get the software but you'll get what you want for a tune loaded into it and you'll be able to fuel up to ? RPM as long as you have the proper engine build.

John

YES!! You might not get the software but you'll get what you want for a tune loaded into it and you'll be able to fuel up to ? RPM as long as you have the proper engine build.

John

And the much broader powerband and reduced piston crown temps at a given power level are def worth some cash over a 700 dollar programmer

Also I will be on the most events where we can also tune the trucks. ....... I hope this helps for the beginning and Happy New Year and hope 2010 is the Year of big power :ft:

You are gonna be a busy man!
This will make 2010 a big power year for some very fortunate folk!