Here it is ... stand alone ECU for the CR-Cummins

What is done to the motor on the test mule John? Single turbo?

Basicly stock bottom end or would have pushed to 1000 to 1200 HP. Has studs, valve springs, Flux 3.5's, 75mm Turbo, Stock camshaft! Wanted to see how it would react and pull with unported head and stock cam. Then do a ported head & cam to compare.

John

Say John,..

Basicly stock bottom end or would have pushed to 1000 to 1200 HP. Has studs, valve springs, Flux 3.5's, 75mm Turbo, Stock camshaft! Wanted to see how it would react and pull with unported head and stock cam. Then do a ported head & cam to compare.

John

Get real good at tuning with this b-4 I come to see ya,.... you know I'll be there. Just a matter of time.

Pat

John,

Did you do any baseline pulls with the stock ecm and an available programmer beforehand?

attachment.php

If I read right this is the money shot. If that is the case Volkers ecu looks way more drivable than the stock ecu.

attachment.php

If I read right this is the money shot. If that is the case Volkers ecu looks way more drivable than the stock ecu.

Yes! This is the comparrison between stock ECU and Smarty and Volkers ECU.
We could have gone higher on power but just wanted to be careful and not blow anything up. Everything went great and we should have tried for higher HP but ran out of time but felt very satisfied for where we were at!!

John

You got that size charger to light that fast? Damn! Can you tell us basic timing you guys programed in on low boost vs high?

I dont know what the timing graph was set at but i can tell you that the truck NEVER had any timing rattle!!

John

Have you tried to take the truck for a drive yet? Tho I suppose all the ECU guts are laying held on with zip ties at the moment..... so no?

Have you tried to take the truck for a drive yet? Tho I suppose all the ECU guts are laying held on with zip ties at the moment..... so no?

We took it out for a drive. but with manual switch to lock the converter and over drive ... we had a chance to drive it for 20 minutes and really put the pedal down one time and I think the respond was really nice :rockwoot:

Tranny shifted in all gears what a surprise for me and speed gage worked. We could pushed the HP numbers up a little, maybe played with the timing table a bit, but for total of 20 pulls we got really far ... from a 290 HP stock to 730 HP and 1300lbs-ft torque. There is much more potential in this unit and engine, but the 7 number was my first target. I have to learn a little bit more about the Cummins engine, as I only tuned Duramaxes before. But just as an experience the last month, the Cummins 5.9L has much more in it as we ran last week ..........................

This gives us some insight,...

on how/why the D-Max guys have had an edge on us. That is all about to end in a big way. You do guys!!

yup, this is what Hogue has been preaching since before the CR Dodges really started to take off and run

Yes, but the interesting part is. Everything is claimed he'd do, hasn't happened.

Hence my wise ass remark. :)

2010 is going to be rather interesting as well know. w00t! :)

Yes, but the interesting part is. Everything is claimed he'd do, hasn't happened.

Somehow Greg broke up with me ... LOL ...

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVRYYBODY!!!

I'm just saying he was saying CR was going to be the wave once we were able to control the injection events... it's here, and it's awesome!