Here it is ... stand alone ECU for the CR-Cummins

IMO,

No... We didn't start it since there was some dyno testing being done on another truck, and the test truck for the new system was left outside in the cold while that was going on... Didn't know how the baseline tune would take to the cold.

Just figured better safe than sorry...

I'm lookin' forward to coming up when you get back to the states and talking with you first hand about it... I'm still hoping to be one of the first in line for this new bad boy system.

As for the question on the 24 Volts... And this is just MY understanding of it...I could be completely screwed up in my thinking.

The 24V is why this system is gonna be so much nicer than the Bosch unit...

I'll let Volker explain it... but from my understanding of it THIS is where things change for the CR.

RPM limits are a thing of the past... This 24V gives us the control of the injector we need. The 12V system doesn't allow for enough control of the injector at high RPM... Basically imagine the needle of the injector "floating".

The 24 Volts will provide enough energy potential needed to provide accurate control of the injector at high RPM.

If you want this (anyone) and rpms are your bag then you'd have to do a complete tear down and have cam journals installed. Front and back cam journals isn't going to cut it with the rpms you all are talking about. And a balance job for the entire rolling assembly would be in order. Just some thoughts.

Oooops!

If you want this (anyone) and rpms are your bag then you'd have to do a complete tear down and have cam journals installed. Front and back cam journals isn't going to cut it with the rpms you all are talking about. And a balance job for the entire rolling assembly would be in order. Just some thoughts.

Sure hope I didn't kill this thread guys!!! Just was trying to think downstream a bit on what it takes to support the awesome potential of a product like this. I might take the jump myself but as others have said the price of it and the support gear and mods, as I eluded to above, will either make it feasible for the few or the masses. It just depends on the long range thinking and planning of the provider.

I happen to think the CTD Performance market is HUGE.

Last edited:
guess your talking about a balanced and blue printed motor and lime boring? Which I'm sure guys seeking RPM's have probably thought about this?

No doubt.

But the folks caring the tab are NOT going to be the few but rather the many, IMO.

I think it is called Align Boring.

Last edited:
There are many things you'll need to do to the lower end if you want to turn 5500rpm @ FULL POWER! You don't have to turn it that hard though. Right now we don't have full fuel @ 4000 rpm so with this unit you can have full fuel @ 4000 or 4400, that alone would be a huge step from where guys are right now. As to the cost, yes its expensive but look at what you have spent so far to get where you are. In the big scheme of things this really isn't that bad compared to what you get for your money!!

John

But the folks caring the tab are NOT going to be the few but rather the many, IMO.

I think it is called Align Boring.

No Pat, It's Lime, added to the coconut. LOLStraightens everything out.

ha my bad late night, but yeah my motor had it done since the cam journal were way wore out. It wasn't the cheapest either. I assume we are talking about the same thing that you put bushings in all the cam journals?

OK guys, I'm back from Switzerland and I will read the last 4 pages and try to answer some question ... might be tomorrow because the Packers kick the Bears butt!!! Happy Sunday!

Bump

Anything new,.. updates,...??

It sounds/looks like a great product.

:Cheer::ft::st: Let me know when your heading back out.

Just talked to John ... he run the truck on the rollers and made around 350 HP on the tires, with I thought some stock fuel limitation. Also he blew a boost shoe, but in this moment he doesn't know how much boost he had, this info comes later. I plan to be back on the dyno on Monday and Tuesday, depends how the weather is ...

Just talked to John ... he run the truck on the rollers and made around 350 HP on the tires, with I thought some stock fuel limitation. Also he blew a boost shoe, but in this moment he doesn't know how much boost he had, this info comes later. I plan to be back on the dyno on Monday and Tuesday, depends how the weather is ...

OK ... here a picture of the torque / HP curve ... We injected 100 mm3 per shot from 1500 - 3100 rpm's. The torque converter never locked and we are planing to put a manual valve in the tranny. This will be done before I go back on Sunday. You can see on the t-curve that the TC start to slip @ 2900 rpm ... more info's to come @ Monday!!!

Attachments

• Stand Alone ECU 001.jpg
    Stand Alone ECU 001.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 122
UPDATE:
We just got done dynoing the truck. We made some changes ... started really slow with 350 HP tunes ... going slow up to 450 ... 550 ... 650 ... and in the end 730 HP and 1300 TQ till 4300 RPM's. The truck has some studs and aftermarket valve springs but close to be stock. We never crossed the 1400 F EGT's ... John may tell you more about the engin build, but I think is still stock. Here is the vid of the run our FIRST 730 run till 4000 RPM's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUt8-1SqgYc

last picture is the comparism between other stacked aftermarket products and the ECU. The stacked aftermarket products made more HP and torque but look closer to the graphic ...

Attachments

• 442.jpg
    442.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 543.jpg
    543.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 556-5000.jpg
    556-5000.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 62
  • 660.jpg
    660.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 730-smarty-TST.jpg
    730-smarty-TST.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,018
I'm lovin that last chart! :rockwoot: Will 5k be next?

We ran 5500 RPM's ... that Cummins is screaming like hell but no timing knocking at all ... we blew a boost shoe at 5350 or so ... kind a scary but hey we made it... but for the run I put the 550 tune back in to be on the safe side!!! Luck at the second last run!!!

Think forgot to put that one here ...

Attachments

• 730-run.jpg
    730-run.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 131
time to see some runs flat line across 5000k and Im ready with my credit card number lol........GOOD JOB GUYS!!!!!!!