Here it is ... stand alone ECU for the CR-Cummins

Dang! This is awesome!

Glad to see it's finally happenin'!

Did the injector drivers end up setup like we thought they would John? Or it would appear to me something different is happening here... If this isn't a question for the open forum yet, thats fine... Just ignore it. I know what we talked about may not be ready to be "out of the bag" yet.

I'm still on the list for one of the first setups right!?

I may have to ditch work tomorrow just to come up... I was plannin' on Saturday to get my stuff, but with all this cool stuff goin' on.... ???? Let me know if you got room for one more guy hangin' around. Text or whatever....

Can't wait to see this come out! I use to have efi live on my duramax and I would set in my truck for hours at a time playing with tunes and logging the changes it made, think ill go on and sell my smarty now so I can start saving!

OK ... we ahad a little bug to work out on the SW, but got that fixed. Sadly I have to leave and travel this weekend quick to Europe for a week. I will be back here in Kansas before Christmas for the tune in .... Sorry no numbers but a new vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tgh_QHQWFE

wow that is really cool. i would like to get one and try on a stock truck. if it can go on a street truck ill will be the first in new mexico to buy it. ill drive my truck when i pick it up in kentucky to kansas lol

I can't win for loosing. I've been hearing my p-pumped truck is too old and they don't make anything for it for several years, and now i go and get a newer motor and find out it's too new and we don't make anything for it. I need to find the baby bears porridge that's just right.

I believe Volker said it would work with the 6.7 when i asked him. He would have to check and see.

John

Week review:

Monday I had a late start so I arrived Lawrence, KS later that night. Tuesday morning we checked the cam trigger wheel for our new concept to run the trigger. I made some electrical tests how far the pin has to be out of the wheel. The challenges was to have the space in the front cover with all the ribs from the casting. We pressed the pin in the maximal height position so that we don't hit anything and shimmed the cam-shaft positioning sensor. I decided to decrease the air gap between pin and cam-sensor so we have a good signal by higher rpm ... higher rpm's gives smaller digital output of the sensor. We took the cam shaft out and replaced the cam-gear, it was planned to use a higher rpm cam but didn't came in in time. some little bugs to press the gear back on but we figured it with no problem. As we had the cam back together, also surrounding parts needed, we counted the tooth's for cam and crank and programmed in software. In preparation before my travel to Kansas I flow tested and balanced the injectors, so I have the injector map to put in my application program, also I configured the timing map so I don't have to play with this parameters. I started to connect the wiring harness to the injectors and sensors, and checked the output. I had two issues, one with the rail pressure sensor and one with the MAP/IAT sensor. Both where wrong described in the electrical manual I got but as well, I figured out. After maybe 10 tries of starting and adjusting the cold-start fuel map, she just fired up and purr like a cat ... with some adjusting of the throttle position and adjusting the fuel curve we got our target accomplished. We never had time to run it on the dyno, because I have to leave on Monday for Europe and have some stuff to do at home, but it looks like the tranny still works, it shifted in R and N ... Now when I go back we will put her on the dyno and fine tune. In the meantime we dress up the wiring harness, find a marine 12V-24V converter, put the ECU on a relay which we can work with the key starter, and maybe try some runs. Right now I have maybe a 250HP tune on it for testing the drive ability.

Was a fun week, it is nice to work with John from Floor It Diesel, and Scott and Clay his employees, and my new buddy Boo the dog

Have a safe trip Volker! Thanks for the update and I'm looking forward to hearing more!

Id like to take this time to say hello to Boo. Good Dog
Buy the way Nice work guys. keep it coming.
doug

Sounds good Volker but I thought you were not a dog person remember Scheids?

Well I got to actually put my eyes on the goods today!

Didn't get to hear her run... but I got to see the guts of this system.

Looks like things are gonna finally turn around for us CR guys!

Well I got to actually put my eyes on the goods today!

Didn't get to hear her run... but I got to see the guts of this system.

Looks like things are gonna finally turn around for us CR guys!

He didn't start it up for ya?

Back