Here it is ... stand alone ECU for the CR-Cummins

Did you scope that cam trigger after the mods? I'm interested how clean that signal was.

I take it that truck has a auto? You guys left the stock ecu in place for transmission control? If that is the case I would imagine the shifting strategies are going to be wonky with no engine load feed back.

You would want to make sure line pressure was up there when your flogging it. (Again if its a auto...)

No... We didn't start it since there was some dyno testing being done on another truck, and the test truck for the new system was left outside in the cold while that was going on... Didn't know how the baseline tune would take to the cold.

Just figured better safe than sorry...

I'm lookin' forward to coming up when you get back to the states and talking with you first hand about it... I'm still hoping to be one of the first in line for this new bad boy system.

As for the question on the 24 Volts... And this is just MY understanding of it...I could be completely screwed up in my thinking.

The 24V is why this system is gonna be so much nicer than the Bosch unit...

I'll let Volker explain it... but from my understanding of it THIS is where things change for the CR.

RPM limits are a thing of the past... This 24V gives us the control of the injector we need. The 12V system doesn't allow for enough control of the injector at high RPM... Basically imagine the needle of the injector "floating".

The 24 Volts will provide enough energy potential needed to provide accurate control of the injector at high RPM.

The capacitor of the injector driver loads faster as we get higher rpm's

That makes since, I was just wandering why it the 24V convertor wasn't inside the controller part of the board.

That makes since, I was just wandering why it the 24V convertor wasn't inside the controller part of the board.

Usually this ECU is build for slow and medium speed diesel engines. Now we go to higher speed like 6000 - 7000 rpm range and need a faster charge up of the capacitor. We ran this unit with 18000 rpm's with common rail injectors but for a gas-engine and it worked great ... if you wounder, it was for a formula one team from Italy, but no more info's regarding this ;) but different voltage ...

You can't still go no higher RPM's with your stock ECU ...

I don't need 5000. well, I suppose i could use it. but really don't need it right now

But I'd like to have the capacitor fire completely if possible with my stock ECM at a measly 3800rpm ya know.

So, is there anyways to retrofit the OEM ECM with a 24v capacitor?

I don't think needing a 24V capacitor is the issue, the issue he is referring to is getting the drivers to function at 24V. This allows the capacitor to charge faster.

So are you driving the injectors at 24V also?

Sounds like a pretty neat product.

I don't think needing a 24V capacitor is the issue, the issue he is referring to is getting the drivers to function at 24V. This allows the capacitor to charge faster.

So are you driving the injectors at 24V also?

Sounds like a pretty neat product.
That was my question. If the voltage is getting stepped up to 65v fire the injectors anyway, why is 24v needed?

Because the capacitor that is used to fire the circuit can charge ALMOST twice as fast at 24V than it can at 12V... Almost because as voltage steps up the capacitor becomes slightly less efficient dependent on the ESR of the cap... But thats all a more indepth explanation...

Esentially it is allowing a quicker, more controlled switch cycle.

This is a control issue... Esentially the 24V will allow better control over the injector... More specifically the electronics that actually control the injector.

Can't think of a better way to describe this... I apologize.

Does it really matter how it is wired if it does what we want it to?

Or are you guys just intrigued with electrical components and the inner workings of them?

Keep up the good work Volker .

Call me when you get a chance .