Here it is ... stand alone ECU for the CR-Cummins

I am sure the price will be somewhat comparable to EFI live when they release their program or it will die right from the get go unless this system will do allot more and be more user friendly. What ever the price it will be a great thing for the CR world!

That would be nice, but I HIGHLY doubt it will be ANYWHERE near that cheap.

Yea but bringing it on, and when it starts to come off the turbo your throwing that third event back in might bring the heat back to haunt.
It is definately a step in the right direction. You might have people buy it just to replace the stock ecm for unlimited programming.

Always nice to have options.

By lower RPM'S less fuell pressure gives you longer PWM on injector which gives you more EGT's ... EGT'S spooling up turbo? No need of 3rd event!

By lower RPM'S less fuell pressure gives you longer PWM on injector which gives you more EGT's ... EGT'S spooling up turbo? No need of 3rd event!

It seems great what is happening. Of course is the higher duty cycle going to be harder on injector solenoids? My gut would say no, as once the core is inside the coil the current should drop, but...

Also if we remember back to the days of the VP44 and wire taps longer duty cycle equates to higher EGT's which also results in EGT problems.

Keep up the good work, this will provide some options for folks that is no doubt!

It seems great what is happening. Of course is the higher duty cycle going to be harder on injector solenoids? My gut would say no, as once the core is inside the coil the current should drop, but...

Also if we remember back to the days of the VP44 and wire taps longer duty cycle equates to higher EGT's which also results in EGT problems.

Keep up the good work, this will provide some options for folks that is no doubt!

It will have no interference (spell ??) with the injector solenoid. That why you run a boost current for a time (450 us) and when the solenoid is fully open, I lower the holding current for the rest of the time of asked PWM .... wheter I inject for an idle speed or for max speed there is the same work for the injector solenoid (not for the bodies) ...

It will have no interference (spell ??) with the injector solenoid. That why you run a boost current for a time (450 us) and when the solenoid is fully open, I lower the holding current for the rest of the time of asked PWM .... wheter I inject for an idle speed or for max speed there is the same work for the injector solenoid (not for the bodies) ...

I don't see how holding an injector open for say 10ms uses the same energy as holding them open for 100ms. Electrical energy is a function of current and time.

Are you actually using a current setpoint on the injector or a voltage setpoint? A solenoid at a constant voltage has a natural tendency for higher ampacity when the core is out of the coil anyway.

She is alive ... firing like a happy camper :)

After only 3 days getting all the bugs figuring out, we got the first Dodge 5.9L running. With a lot of help from John aka Floor It Diesel and his employees Scott and Clyde we got she running. Here in the video you see her after the first real fire up with some unknown injectors and get somehow the idle map going ... after 20 minuts she snurred like a cat ... no comparism with the stock ECU ...

I guess: WE GOT IT DONE!!!

Tomorrow we put her on the dyno and do some base tunes, nothing really bad just some learning time. Sadly I have to fly back to Europe on Monday and hope I'm back before Christams to get some real number done .... Damm I love my job ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXpkCJT-zV8

w00t... John as my address for my standalone I'll be testing for you guys! Just so you know........ ;-)

I wish!

Lets see that think at 5000rpm real soon!

It will be interesting to see how it pulls compared to the best that truck will do on smarty pressure box combo. Great work!

I tapped the throttle a bit and Jesus! it came alive and scared the crap outta me!!

John

So this is just for the 5.9, or will it work on the 6.7?

I can't win for loosing. I've been hearing my p-pumped truck is too old and they don't make anything for it for several years, and now i go and get a newer motor and find out it's too new and we don't make anything for it. I need to find the baby bears porridge that's just right.

Well I can't talk for the BSG unit but I'm 95% sure the bosch will.

Keep that video rolling tomorow!

Last edited: