Here it is ... stand alone ECU for the CR-Cummins

the biggest part that is being missed here is that the bosch, schied, and the stand alone dominator used cant even shake a stick at volkers. dont get me wrong, they have helped advanced the CR with their units but this had FULL tuning, not partial so im sure that will effect price as well.[/QUOTE

Why do you say the Bosch 15.1 and sport are not fully tunable??? As far as I know they are fully open. And Bosch will provide a base tune, that you can work off of.

the biggest part that is being missed here is that the bosch, schied, and the stand alone dominator used cant even shake a stick at volkers. dont get me wrong, they have helped advanced the CR with their units but this had FULL tuning, not partial so im sure that will effect price as well.

Exactly, this is much different then the Bosch setups and has more potential. I have been hunting a stand alone for years now and if the Bosch setup seemed like it was a good way to go I would have got one a long time ago. Volkars setup will have more rpm potential, easier to use all while being more user freindly in the tables and tuning.

IMO this is not for the daily driver guy. The DD guy should wait for Destrokes setup when it comes out because it will be more suited for them as plug and play simular to the way a VanAaken box was.

If you are a CR competitor and are worried about price then its probably not for you, to have complete control over our electronics is priceless. While it wont be as much as a Bosch system its still not cheap. I am guessing about twice the price of a Smarty/TST/MP8 combo plus tuning time if you have it done. But once tuned right you could be tottally dominate in your local trock sport.

Lets rock Volkar, I am ready to do this!!

I dont mean to derail but how will the Destroked compair to Volkar as far as tuning abilities?

Volkar once this one your working on now is complete do you think you will bring one out for the daily driver guys that want a standalone unit?

Since I have not tuned either one I cant really answer that question. Both seem to be easy to tune with simple table and maps. The Destroked one is gonna be a cool unit because of all that it will be capable of doing, data logging, control NO2 solenoids, run dash gauges etc but IMO Volkars will be better for the hard core guys. Purely speculation on my part cause I have not even held either in my hands but I think Volkars will have more inj. driver capability.

Here we have some pics of the desktop ... I will make it a little easier ... one Sensor page etc ...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

3-1.jpg

4.jpg

4-1.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

OK ... had some problems with the pics ... here we go ...

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

3-1.JPG

4.JPG

4-1.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

the biggest part that is being missed here is that the bosch, schied, and the stand alone dominator used cant even shake a stick at volkers. dont get me wrong, they have helped advanced the CR with their units but this had FULL tuning, not partial so im sure that will effect price as well.

Im sorry but I find this post pretty funny. Volkers unit looks great and I hope that it gets up and running soon but to sat that it is better than the Bosch is ridiculous.

The Bosch has no RPM limit. If you want to rev it to 7,000 and blow sh*t up all it takes is a change to the maps. The highest we have taken ours up to is 5,400 during a pull and 5,600 without being hooked but that is because that is the highest we have wanted to go.

The Bosch has THOUSANDS of parameters that can be changed so I would say that is "full tuning". Hopefully Volkers will be a little more tuner friendly though which would be great.

I'm not sure about the Bosch Sport though (which is what Schied uses). It might have tuning/RPM limitations.

Anyways good work Volker and hope to see some more info with the computer running on a Cummins soon. :Cheer:

man now i have to clean my screen off!!!my prostate should be good for the weekend now!!
i could see this used in a Daily driver if the person learned how to tune it. i can also see alot more engines being turned into scrap metal cause this is going to allow for these trucks to really push the limit beyond the outfield wall.

antifreeze temp, voltage, fuel pressure, boost, oil pressure/temp, intake temp ...ect. most likely

What sensors other than crank, cam & rp will this system require?

We using same sensors ... there is only one thing you have to change ... put a pin in Nr 13 on the cam trigger wheel and shim , I can only read on trigger signal per revolution ... Also shim the cam-sensor the amount of the pin height ...

9.jpg

10.jpg

So will this allow for a two step with independent timing control on the two step?

Im sorry but I find this post pretty funny. Volkers unit looks great and I hope that it gets up and running soon but to sat that it is better than the Bosch is ridiculous.

The Bosch has no RPM limit. If you want to rev it to 7,000 and blow sh*t up all it takes is a change to the maps. The highest we have taken ours up to is 5,400 during a pull and 5,600 without being hooked but that is because that is the highest we have wanted to go.

The Bosch has THOUSANDS of parameters that can be changed so I would say that is "full tuning". Hopefully Volkers will be a little more tuner friendly though which would be great.

I'm not sure about the Bosch Sport though (which is what Schied uses). It might have tuning/RPM limitations.

Anyways good work Volker and hope to see some more info with the computer running on a Cummins soon. :Cheer:

I am pretty sure the Sport Doesnt allow the rpms that the bigger Bosch ECU does. The Big Bosch setup will definetly let you tune whatever you want, but I have two big issues with it- Price and Tuning. Like you stated the Bosch ECM will let you control THOUSANDS of parameters, problem is we dont need thousands of parameters it only makes it complicated. We just need the basic parameters and maps for competition, we dont care if it will smoke the same at 6000' as it does at SL or any of the other useless parameters and functions that do not pertain to performance only. I dont need 1 thousand parameters to go 300' in a straight line or 1/4 mile in a straight line.

How about boost control via solenoid PWM, and can you use a MAP that will read to 100lbs or better? What kind of time frame are we talking that I can have one of these in my hands?

What is the adaptability to sensors other than what cummins provides?

How about boost control via solenoid PWM, and can you use a MAP that will read to 100lbs or better? What kind of time frame are we talking that I can have one of these in my hands?

5.JPG

Here is the VGT control via boost PWM output to valve ... you can put a 200 PSI pressure sensor on it there is no limitation ... until it breaks ...

Next week we going to have the first one on the dodge running and should be not a problem to get some base tunes done ... after that who knows ... maybe a nice Christmas present for you?

What is the adaptability to sensors other than what cummins provides?

You can put your own sensors on, every sensor has its own specification and you are able to change the sensors ... I would recommend to use the stock cam and crank sensor ...

I am pretty sure the Sport Doesnt allow the rpms that the bigger Bosch ECU does. The Big Bosch setup will definetly let you tune whatever you want, but I have two big issues with it- Price and Tuning. Like you stated the Bosch ECM will let you control THOUSANDS of parameters, problem is we dont need thousands of parameters it only makes it complicated. We just need the basic parameters and maps for competition, we dont care if it will smoke the same at 6000' as it does at SL or any of the other useless parameters and functions that do not pertain to performance only. I dont need 1 thousand parameters to go 300' in a straight line or 1/4 mile in a straight line.

Like I said I'm not sure about the sport. I wasn't downplaying volkers computer, I think it is great! I was just correcting your original post and the guy I quoted original post saying that volkers computer can tune more than the Bosch and has more potential for RPM. I will be the first to say that the Bosch is a pain in the rear to tune! But all the adjustability is nice and being able to control things like smoke will be very important here in the near future...

So it sounds like you guys don't want something that can tune more. You basically just want a Smarty POD that can rev and shut off some injection events.

Volker, thanks for all the info! Please send me some prices as soon as you have them figured out.