Hey I just want to let everyone know I've decided to try to justify doing what I want

What are the odds of a wiring problem causing it to over fuel on cyl 2? Also is there a possibility it could be the ecm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even with a slightly bent rod u would think it would still try to run on that cylinder

Think I have serious problems help!!

pretty slim

"sounds" like a bent rod by all description

If it was a bent rod why would it smoke real bad until it's warm and then stop also this thing has no blow by with the oil cap off while running

Last edited:
If it was a bent rod why would it smoke real bad until it's warm and then stop also this thing has no blow by with the oil cap off while running

When it's hot the other cylinders are igniting the fuel and burning it.

Just pull the head be done with it! You could pull the pan should be easy to see losing all compression would mean it's a pretzel!

Last edited:

what happens when you mill pistons and lower compression in a sled pulling engine? it doesn't want to cold start, and it hazes white smoke until it warms up.

you're just doing it on one cylinder

Just pull the head be done with it! You could pull the pan should be easy to see losing all compression would mean it's a pretzel!

With a bent rod is a compression test or leak test going to tell me anything? I would assume not just figured I'd ask

Think I have serious problems help!!

These are videos before I sent the injectors out

The drop in compression and the change in cylinder temp as the engine runs. Flame front propagation, ignition/ timing. Inlet air temperature.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Edit: I didn't see the other posts. Sorry for redundancy.

Last edited:
You should see lower cylinder pressure on that cylinder during a compression test

While you have the Valve cover off swapping injectors, did you pull any of the push rods to confirm they aren't bent?

While you have the Valve cover off swapping injectors, did you pull any of the push rods to confirm they aren't bent?

Yes I did pull both push rods on #2 and they looked pretty straight to me, how much would they have to be bent to cause issues? I'm assuming not much

The drop in compression and the change in cylinder temp as the engine runs. Flame front propagation, ignition/ timing. Inlet air temperature.

Edit: I didn't see the other posts. Sorry for redundancy.

No problem at all I appreciate everyone's help

You should see lower cylinder pressure on that cylinder during a compression test

I'm trying to get my hands on the compression tester guage, mine seems to have grown legs

Yes I did pull both push rods on #2 and they looked pretty straight to me, how much would they have to be bent to cause issues? I'm assuming not much

Once their bent just a little they flex a lot. If you roll them on a flat concrete floor you can see and hear easily if their bent.