Hey I just want to let everyone know I've decided to try to justify doing what I want

You're going to need to pull the head off and look at #2 cylinder. You either dropped a seat or burnt a piston.

Eh. I like condemning things just by laying hands on them

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

You can't lay your hands on a piston without pulling a head. :Cheer:

I guess you could use three pages of a forum, and a dozen different opinions to fix a truck, but I generally prefer to attack and conquer.

You can't lay your hands on a piston without pulling a head. :Cheer:

I guess you could use three pages of a forum, and a dozen different opinions to fix a truck, but I generally prefer to attack and conquer.

I like to be overly sure of the root cause of a problem before I waste a bunch of time and money to pull it apart just to put it back together. I have a compression tester now so I'll check that tm, I'm also going to pressurize the cylinder and figure out where it's leaking whether it be in the bottom end or intake/ exhaust valves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like to be overly sure of the root cause of a problem before I waste a bunch of time and money to pull it apart just to put it back together. I have a compression tester now so I'll check that tm, I'm also going to pressurize the cylinder and figure out where it's leaking whether it be in the bottom end or intake/ exhaust valves

Sounds good. Let us know what you find.

Checked the compression on cyl 1 & 2 but my findings are not very consistent probly due to the tester I'm using either way I could only get about 200 psi out of each cylinder but they both seem to hold that pressure when I let them sit, I'm just going to call it what it is and pull the motor to redo the bottom end I planned on doing this at some point just didn't figure it be so soon

Why don't you listen to the guys that do this stuff every day? Pull the head and see what you actually have. Sure would suck to go through all that just to find your head gasket was leaking between cylinders or something else easily fixed.

Must've changed his mind.........

Yea, but I think he found the problem when he swapped injectors. Once a cylinder is pinpointed, it's go time.

I do agree that pulling the engine is a mistake at this point though.

Pull the head first.

Yea, but I think he found the problem when he swapped injectors. Once a cylinder is pinpointed, it's go time.

I do agree that pulling the engine is a mistake at this point though.

Pull the head first.

The bottom end has 200k+ miles on it I just did the head 3000 miles ago. It got decked, high nickel oversized valve seats and new guides installed as well as o-ringed and ported . The guy that did my head has done at least 6 of them between my friends and I so I highly doubt it's a problem with that. That being said I'm pretty confident that the bottom has issues, I'm also low on oil and this thing has never ever lost oil in the 100k plus that I've had this engine

Mind as well change the thread title to "Hey I just want to let everyone know I've decided to try to justify doing what I want."

Think I have serious problems help!!

It's easier to pull the engine with the head off anyway.

I thought about that when I was typing my last message . That thing was a SOB to put in last time with head on and trans in.

Just pull the body mounting bolts jack it up then cut the cross beam out plenty of room!