Highest single CP3 HP ?

I here from Kansas they have a truck running Floor It stg 3 not sure of the charger as of yet, 825, to 850 but there is alot of bugs to be worked out, they trashed the G56 this weekend

How about 868 #2 only!

John[/QUOTE]

Hmm, wander what turbo that truck is running..............:woohoo::clap::Cheer:

Project X is very simple for anyone to build. Most people waste a lot of money on parts that could have been better spent of parts that make power.
Parts on Project X
218,000 mile ¾ 2WD quad cab truck
Industrial Injections Single Stage II CP3 pump
Industrial Injections 29 LPM injectors
Industrial Injections silver bullet 66 turbo
Fass 250 fuel system

RayMac cylinder head with ZZ custom fabrication manifold
MaxSpool 2.5+ cam duel springs, pushrods
Banks Intercooler
Single solenoid Nitrous Express progressive system

NADP triple billet transmission
GearVendors over drive
Charlie Stewart Fabricated 9 inch rear with 4.33 gears for drag racing and 2.70 gears for LSR
CalTracs

Diablo Predator downloader
Dr Performance fuel boost module

RPM perfromance Datalogger
hummm.... What about the block, pistons, crank?????? is that 218,000 on 5.9 as well or just the truck. I have seen truck with somewhat similar setups that couldnt git near 847,on #2, and a bullet.

The bottom end is factory, and has never had the oil pan off. The truck now has over 240,000 miles with the stock MLM head gasket installed with the head, and has never had a re torque . I believe that with the right set up you break less parts. This most critical part is air flow, the head flows almost double what a stock head flows. The cam timing works with this to move air in and out, without the need for high boost; boost is just a measurement of restriction. Remember its lbs of air in and not lbs of boost that make power. Big boost brings big drive numbers and lots of retained heat.

The other key factor is efficient use of fuel. The Industrial Injection stage II pump makes enough fuel for 1100 hp, if you use correctly sized and efficient injectors. The key is to use the correct amount of fuel and burn it completely. Using unnecessary big injectors, causes the rail pressure drops, and subsequently atomization of fuel suffers and BSFC rises. To maintain rail pressure with big injector, you will need a second pump. Now with the second pump and the big injectors, you have a lot more fuel in the combustion chamber then you can burn in the amount of time before the piston travels down the bore beyond a point when the chamber is expanding faster the combustion process can continue to give push

BSFC Brake specific fuel consumption is the measurement of efficiently of the engine as related to the fuel consumed. It’s usually expressed as pounds of fuel burned per Horsepower hour

In a diesel the optimal BSFC is around .25 to .30 or for a 1000 hp engine its 250 lbs of fuel at full throttle for a hour , an at 6.5 lbs per gallon for a total of 38 GPH . or for a 10 seconds or less than 2 tenths of a cup.
Double or triple that and now you doing two things one is a smoke show, second is the extra fuel in the chamber is absorbing heat .
You can make power the other way , but why

Hmm, wander what turbo that truck is running..............:woohoo::clap::Cheer:[/QUOTE]

Our truck is one pump "the highest flow cp3 period" and one turbo. A big thanks to Ryan at Beans Diesel Performance for that awsome turbo.We've just started play with it!

John

Greg, I will give you 500.00 if you can go to any dyno EVENT in the country and back those #'s up on #2 only. Only stipulation being that its not a Dynocom dyno.

There are plenty of other setups out there with much larger injs that hold rail pressure and clean up the fuel and dont make that #. You have a serious voodoo magic setup there. Take for instance Lohmans truck that John just put a big # down with. It has much larger injs, guessing in the 50-60lpm range and a 76mm charger, cleans up all of the fuel and put down 868. It does that at 55psi of boost and 55psi of drive pressure and a stock nonmagic head and holds 27,000psi+ rail. So if what you are saying is correct a ZZ head should put that truck at 40psi and 1300hp on #2?

Where is a 2.6 class truck at with your combo thats cleaning everyones clock running 850hp in a 650hp class? What about a 2.8 truck puttin down 1100hp killin everyone?

At some time when I get time between the 4 projects get X to a dyno event.

The dyno used is a Dynojet at Dr Performance. X makes the power it dose with small injectors, because that all the fuel needed.

I still have a Cummins style pump. And it max's out my data loggers’ rail pressure graph. The 129 mph runs are a secondary validation to the hp.

Bottom line if you want a proven modified CP3 pump like the one on Project X Call Brady.

Bottom line if you want a proven modified CP3 pump like the one on Project X Call Brady.[/QUOTE]

So...... what would my pumps be?

John

Greg,

is that a 5.9 block in Project X?
the short block is the stock one that came with the truck , it has never been out of the truck or had the pan off.

John I only have experiance with Bradys pumps , I'm sure you do great work.

Well didnt ole Hooker start some s**t here. If what has been said is true with the X truck it just a horse of a diff color!! And my ole 03 with the 66 and flux 3.5 stixx would be making somewhere in the range of 8 full sized ponies. I would like to see more people come on here that have built trucks like X. Greg said that its real possable. Where are they????

You left out a lot of important parts, like a cylinder head package, cam program, and Industrial injection stage II CP3 pump. The facts are undisputable , it’s just not the direction that everyone else goes in, the reaction by many when they see Project X diesel for the first time is that it looks so simple, nothing wild , just basic attention to detail to the combination of parts .

I have been all across this country with Project X and its fun when people come out of nowhere and recognize the truck for the pages of Diesel Power Magazine. On the way to NHRA’s Mile High Nationals last year, at 3 am in a Wal-Mart parking lot, and Raton Pass, or the car wash in south Texas on the way to the Texas mile , it’s always fun

With the new Silver bullet 72 turbo system ,we expect a lot more out of X .

(2003) 602hp, Factory Pump/lift/injectors,62/12 SPS II, Just waiting for the time and some reason to turn it Up, love the truck....

I vote Floor It, for reasons :evil

Hey TC......what kind of dyno did you make the 602hp on?

I would lets the votes of big power makers decide,
Jorge Alfonso, Project X, in fact all three of the trucks at Drag week. All the projects at Dr Performance, and others that are top on the sport, and not public knowledge.

Big Power makers? I wouldnt call that fair, most of you guys dont tell the truth anyhow!!! I say let the consumer decide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is what makes a product, and i plan to do just that for Floor It. I like the turbo but we all know how the Moded pump came about, and it sure wasnt ole Bready now was it? I didnt jump in this thread to get into a pissin match with II or you for one. But facts are facts, look at the flow test and tell your BS thin. Have a nice day:)

I vote Floor It, for reasons :evil

Hey TC......what kind of dyno did you make the 602hp on?

It was at Thunder struck, I would have to ask Glen,I was surprised also generally its 570/580...

Bottom line: you can't run the number w/o the fuel...

It's just physics, man! :charger: