Hollister 9-29-2007

Tcolesanti said:
No really honey, this is the "ONE"!!!!!!:bang :bang :bang

-Tom
Yeah SaraH, its pritty much official, it got voted on at the board meeting and everything.

No, dude with the gunmetal/blueish Dmax said he was going to get the distances and places of everyone and post them "over thar"

-Tom

It was an awesome pull. Some serious entertainment to watch. I always enjoy a great pull and this happened to be my 12th pull of the season. I'm so thankful to the people I've met that have befriended me and been gracious, honest, kind and helpful to me learning so much since my first hook just 4 months ago.

Though I'm pretty sure the folks in Hollister need to clean out their bathrooms. They were BEYOND totally disgusting behind the bull pens. Wow!

Excellent pulls by Nick D, Tom C and my personal favorite, the Unimog LOL, and I'm pretty sure I was rather excited when the Sex Machine broke lol. What goes around comes around ;) Don't forget that.

So Rob.... how's ur snackpacks?? bought one today...made me think of you...haha ur such a dork... truck make it home??

Well . . . not sure if I'm ready to move from the asphalt to the dirt, but that was one hell of a good time! Nice meeting everyone and congrats to Nick and Tom for some stellar pulls. Pretty impressive display of power I must say. Oh, and what event would be complete without a pit w h o r e doing some schmuck in his truck? :hehe: Nice photo Rob! Thanks to all who answered my ignorant questions. Hope to hang out with everyone again soon! Still planning to hook one of these days . . .

Hopefully we can get the full results in the next day or so. I know everyone is interested to see some distances.

BilletGarage said:
Well . . . not sure if I'm ready to move from the asphalt to the dirt, but that was one hell of a good time! Nice meeting everyone and congrats to Nick and Tom for some stellar pulls. Pretty impressive display of power I must say. Oh, and what event would be complete without a pit w h o r e doing some schmuck in his truck? :hehe: Nice photo Rob! Thanks to all who answered my ignorant questions. Hope to hang out with everyone again soon! Still planning to hook one of these days . . .
Yeah it was a fun event. It was one of the better ones I've been to. Lots of memories... I was excited about the fair food, funnel cakes, beer garden, ect.

-Rob

Homewrecker95 said:
So Rob.... how's ur snackpacks?? bought one today...made me think of you...haha ur such a dork... truck make it home??
snackpack-1.jpg
:hehe:

What was the difference between the XS and the XSS class?

The vids look good guys. Congrats Tom, that pull looked awesome. I wish I could have made it however my truck is missing a turbo. I may have won a smoke show but not a pull......LOL

The difference between XS and XSS?? lol I don't think half of us still know. At one point, it seemed that if you had a stack, that bumped you up into the big boys class, then depending on where your stack was... that made a difference too lol. Needless to say, we should probably offer some of our diesel guys to help tech the diesel boys next year... or offer an educational training class LOL too funny.

Great vids Scott and Angela.

Event was great and yeah, that's Hollister for ya, lots to see in the people watching dept. That guy with the large Ford "sex machine" as it was so appropriatley put is the owner of Right Gear n Axle in Salinas. I guess he sold himself short with that disgusting hag that he got lots of hugs and tugs from. His front driveline broke at the end of his hook and then by not removing it while leaving the track it knocked a hole in his oil pan and dumped all the oil out in the pits. There was some kind of fight that was going to start but never did and was broken up very quickly by Mr. Rovella.

Well, my season is over as my rear axle's factory limted slip exploded when the sled stopped me. My hook wasn't very satisfying as well by not leaving the hole with enough RPMs but I believe it would have broke either way. That track sure is tight and sticky even though it was complete crap and bumpy as hell by the time all us diesels had run. Time for some 37 spline shafts and a new differential. See you guys next season!:rockwoot:

Joe

From a spectator in the pits this is the best pull of the season if you just got your license and dad lets you use the farm truck. Lots of alcohol, marijuana, and raunchy sex I was looking around for the rock band but couldn’t find them :) nothing like allowing the drunk and stoned put a show on for ya. And you’re in the pits with them, but only after signing the waiver so you’re on your own if anything happens. There was absolutely no teching to be heard of and after seeing a truck with three lug nuts, one with zip ties holding up bumper weights, the geniuses stickling there head out the window going down the track looking at the tire, and passengers while pulling as well as several other things it was evident no body cared about you or anybody’s safety. The first three hours seemed as though every gas truck got to run three times the crowed was getting tired and cold after that three hour display of carnage. Then the tractors and pro mod trucks came out they woke the crowed and put a great show on, after that three quarters of the crowed left and guess what 4 hours into the show lets run the diesels on what’s left of the track and crowed.

Call me old and fickle I don’t care

Other then that great time :)

BBD

I agree, but for some reason that's still one of my favorite pulls to go to, pulling or spectating.