Hollister 9-29-2007

Ohhhh I forgot about when there were 3 guys under one busted rig, inspecting the driveline, hands IN the mechanism... and the sled driver decided to reverse the sled whilst STILL attached to the rig.... oh yes, you saw 3 men with beer bellies jump up REALLLL fast like. Yup. That's safety at it's best.

On Edit: AND.... the guy who's rear axle broke and both tires wanted to just slop off sideways and there was Scott's commentary of how to just push the tires back on... but at least he offered them some duct tape ;) Good sportsmanship I say!! LOL

BilletGarage said:
Well . . . not sure if I'm ready to move from the asphalt to the dirt, but that was one hell of a good time! Nice meeting everyone and congrats to Nick and Tom for some stellar pulls. Pretty impressive display of power I must say. Oh, and what event would be complete without a pit w h o r e doing some schmuck in his truck? :hehe: Nice photo Rob! Thanks to all who answered my ignorant questions. Hope to hang out with everyone again soon! Still planning to hook one of these days . . .

You sure seemed to fit right in, talking shop with the guys in the scale line and commiserating with Scott and the lack of a truck and bashing stupid drivers lol.

Next time, bring your rig and we'll see how she does out there on the dirt track lol. You might get your ass handed to you, but it's still fun as hell.

Glad you were there ;)

yeah the kid with the blue half ton "c clips" i've known him for awhile. pretty funny every year he pulls he bounces like a mofo, i swear i though he was gonna knock himself out with his door. sure it gets kinda old watching the idiots out there but every year i have so much. maybe i'll beable to join in one of these years. side note, whats up with the dude with the dmax, 1 8" stack and 2 8" duals out the back ???? oh and the lock box in the bed just big enough for a 10lb baby bottle.....

SMOKIN93 said:
I agree, but for some reason that's still one of my favorite pulls to go to, pulling or spectating.

That would be because you're a complete and total redneck, Cole. Just admit that you've always wanted to live in a trailer park and leave Folsom behind!

...We still love you, though!

How did you know?:hehe:
DirtyBlonde said:
That would be because you're a complete and total redneck, Cole. Just admit that you've always wanted to live in a trailer park and leave Folsom behind!

...We still love you, though!

ChrisF posted these on dieselplace.com

Super Stock
Dan Williams ---ford ---201.4
Tom Colesanti --- Dodge ---283.1
Joel Gooch ---Dodge ---232.3
Dan Black ---Dodge--- 243.2
Victor Silverra ---Dodge ---133.2
Bran Barth ---Chevy ---227.6
Suen Schlupper ---Chevy ---212.8
John Esteves ---Dodge--- 131.7
Albert Mendes ---Dodge ---114.8

Stock
Cauinta ---Dodge ---208.3
Schipper ---Dodge--- 183.1
Ulloth ---Dodge ---193.8
Crreeli ---ford--- 170.1
Esteves ---Chevy ---234.2
Smith ---ford ---220.0
Scribner ---Dodge--- 140.7
D'amico ---Chevy ---267.9
Bones ---Dodge--- 209.2
Wullenwaber ---Chevy--- 239.4
Gheen ---Dodge ---223.3
Finstad ---Dodge--- 207.2
Jones ---Dodge ---137.6
Callenco ---Chevy--- 129.0
Mallory ---ford--- 199.3
Arth ---Ford ---202.4
Emish ---Dodge--- 156.2

The sled was set up the same for both classes...

Sorry the video was hard to read for the Stock class I cant see the first names and only parts of some of the last names I tryed to get the best copy I could

Last edited by a moderator:
BigBadDodge said:
D'amico ---Chevy ---267.9

Stock Class :hehe:

BBD

Yeah... LOL it's obvious that Nick's not supposed to be in the stock class. That's definitely the joke. That night (As we all know) could've used a LOT more appropriate teching measures and classifications for the rigs. But I'm proud to run against Nick, even if he was in the same class. Hell, I woulda been proud to have you hand my butt to me Scott lol. I do love watching BBD take names and kick butt!! Maybe someday, this event will be organized enough to the point where we'll get to see your rig hook. Though I'm sure they won't stop the 2 hooks per rig, that's where they get their money, and that's obviously what their main goal is.

Lets say there were 120 trucks total. One hook each and thats = $3600 bucks.

If half those trucks hook twice... that's an additional = $1500 dollars. That's over 5K for the whole event...

Congrats to my kick a$$ husband for winning!!!

Also, they did not change the sled settings between "stock" and the "super stock" classes. Tom beat Nick by a good 16ft. Congrats and hopefully next year, if they do two classes, they will get a better handle on who is "stock" and who isnt. Dan congrats as well, 3rd overall is awesome!!!

Pangela said:
Yeah... LOL it's obvious that Nick's not supposed to be in the stock class. That's definitely the joke. That night (As we all know) could've used a LOT more appropriate teching measures and classifications for the rigs. But I'm proud to run against Nick, even if he was in the same class. Hell, I woulda been proud to have you hand my butt to me Scott lol. I do love watching BBD take names and kick butt!! Maybe someday, this event will be organized enough to the point where we'll get to see your rig hook. Though I'm sure they won't stop the 2 hooks per rig, that's where they get their money, and that's obviously what their main goal is.

Lets say there were 120 trucks total. One hook each and thats = $3600 bucks.

If half those trucks hook twice... that's an additional = $1500 dollars. That's over 5K for the whole event...
How much do you think it cost to rent a sled, pay for insurance, rent an arena, pay staff, promotions, etc? I doubt the organizations are get'n to fat off of us.

Sure, it's expensive for that stuff. However, they make a lot more by allowing double hooks. And when trucks (specifically gassers) can bump weight classes, and hook 4 times, that helps their monetary gain even more. That's all I'm saying, is that money is their main goal, and they don't particularly care about appropriate teching or class dispersion, as was evident by how they clumped us diesels laissez faire.

I heard the event was for charity, not sure which one, but don't think they made much money off it, if that was the case

Pangela said:
Sure, it's expensive for that stuff. However, they make a lot more by allowing double hooks. And when trucks (specifically gassers) can bump weight classes, and hook 4 times, that helps their monetary gain even more. That's all I'm saying, is that money is their main goal, and they don't particularly care about appropriate teching or class dispersion, as was evident by how they clumped us diesels laissez faire.
Next time you should volunteer to do the tech for us, that way it’ll be done right. Maybe you can check for that “cam lope” and make sure its within DHRA specs.

Rob_Bones said:
Next time you should volunteer to do the tech for us, that way it’ll be done right. Maybe you can check for that “cam lope” and make sure its within DHRA specs.
:eek:wned:

Homewrecker95 said:

ooooooooohhhhh. Only 8 posts and she already knows how to properly use the term/smiley "Owned".............................

You must have read the site guidlines front to back. Good on ya.

-Tom

Rob_Bones said:

Maybe with a good tech official you could pull a 250 too, huh Rob-o?

3 weeks old. California needs a new topic. *bdh*

DirtyBlonde said:
Maybe with a good tech official you could pull a 250 too, huh Rob-o?

He pulled farther than 250' his very first pull............

Your still trying to crest that benchmark arncha 'ole Nat-o? :hehe:
-Tom

Tcolesanti said:
He pulled farther than 250' his very first pull............

Your still trying to crest that benchmark arncha 'ole Nat-o? :hehe:
-Tom

Ehh, the DHRA faked me into it once or twice...Bless they're little hearts!

As for our green friend, I refer simply to the claim of "250' or better...at least" as he told me from Hollister, and now I'm let down with a 209' on the standings. He musta got jipped!