Homemade flywheel

someone please educate the idiot: why'd you go with stands instead of steps? to me, it looks like a much more failure prone design.

and for the record, the guys at SB were incredibly helpful when I needed it, and their clutch has done great for me...

someone please educate the idiot: why'd you go with stands instead of steps? to me, it looks like a much more failure prone design.

and for the record, the guys at SB were incredibly helpful when I needed it, and their clutch has done great for me...

With stands you have 12 wear spots instead of 4, the radius on the stands and floater allow the floater to center (like a chain and sprocket) it allows the heat to escape faster from the floater(open),If I want to go to a 3disc I just change the stands, lighter flywheel (49.5#) fun to make.

Id assume this allows the floater to release more completely. Gasser race clutches are setup like this.

What's the over all weight with pressure plate and disks

That sure seems to be realy tall all stacked up. Your not gonna have much fork and throw out bearing clearance. And the fork will have to be clearanced alot.

That sure seems to be realy tall all stacked up. Your not gonna have much fork and throw out bearing clearance. And the fork will have to be clearanced alot.

The installed hight (crank to fingers) is 5.100 .250 more then a single, lots of room.

Last edited:
Thanks, I have been thinking about dana 80 girdles with billet caps . Not shure yet.