Horsepower wars

I will never own a chevy/gmc after watching my bosses fall apart on nasty oiflield roads after 70k miles everything inside that truck rattled and creaked and rode like hell. good motor and decent trans but horrible craftsmanship

My question is with the new ford 6.7 scorpion ripping out 400 hp and 800 # ft, and the Chevrolet 6.6 lmm duramax pushing 397 hp and 765 #ft right off the lot when is dodge going to answer back? Has anyone heard anything about what they might do to the 6.7 cummins to compete with ford and chevrolets off the lot numbers?

I heard something about Twins in the future for the Cummins.....:rockwoot:

I second the Fummins idea!

Only not on the 99+ bodystyle...I think they are garbage. I can't stand the interior. Crap layout on the door sill- can't comfortably lay your arm on it. Completely $hit cup holder. The door skins are paper thin- you can watch them vibrate when you close a door.

To me, a 92-97 Ford (F350) was the best chassis as far as build quality/stoutness while still having somewhat modern creature comforts (i.e. nice cruise control layout, wiper controls). TONS of interior room, quiet ride...simple build. They don't have as big of frames as the 99+ from the looks of it, but they are still huge.

I guess I'm biased- I wouldn't buy anything new. Too much electronic garbage to work on in 20 years when it all gets flaky. And don't think I'm an outdated hillbilly scared of wires- I'm an electrical engineering tech, so I deal with electronics all day. I know fully well the more things you have in a circuit, the less reliable it gets. Simple statistics. Everything electronic on engines is an add-on to supplement a mechanical function...

I second the Fummins idea!

Only not on the 99+ bodystyle...I think they are garbage. I can't stand the interior. Crap layout on the door sill- can't comfortably lay your arm on it. Completely $hit cup holder. The door skins are paper thin- you can watch them vibrate when you close a door.

To me, a 92-97 Ford (F350) was the best chassis as far as build quality/stoutness while still having somewhat modern creature comforts (i.e. nice cruise control layout, wiper controls). TONS of interior room, quiet ride...simple build. They don't have as big of frames as the 99+ from the looks of it, but they are still huge.

I guess I'm biased- I wouldn't buy anything new. Too much electronic garbage to work on in 20 years when it all gets flaky. And don't think I'm an outdated hillbilly scared of wires- I'm an electrical engineering tech, so I deal with electronics all day. I know fully well the more things you have in a circuit, the less reliable it gets. Simple statistics. Everything electronic on engines is an add-on to supplement a mechanical function...

I like your style :Cheer:

"Ford quit building trucks after the '97 model year."
—Unknown