Horsepower wars

No thanks on the Dmax. Worked at the dealer here for a little while. Non of those guys were qualified to work on a Diesel or anything with a bunch of electronics.

ummmm. electronics are only found on the duramax? That's news to me...

I really really liked the 6.7 fords and was impressed at first until I saw that god forsaken oil pan. What kind of genius designed that.

Ive had 4 dodge trucks, 2 fords, and one chevy. And My 06 lbz duramax has been by far the best all around, most trouble free truck i've owned.

If you take the egr and emissions crap off the 6.0 and clamp the heads down as tight as you can they are reliable and very stout. a buddy of mine has a 500 hp 900 trq daily driver that gets 200-500 miles a week put on it runs a 12.90 1/4 mile sled pulls 10-12 times a year and hauls a gooseneck all week long on a stock tranny. 165K and still runs strong.

also a buddy of mine has a 07 ram and has been in the shop almost a full month in the last 3. Injector/cp3 issues. When its running right will pull a trailer like nothing i've seen. interior not so great but heck its a work truck. the thing should be a real animal here soon since he's putting a 66mm turbo on it soon.

I'm inclined to be against chevy more than ford or dodge for the simple fact of the govnt bailout but what ever i guess. i wouldnt buy one any newer than a 06 lbz for sure. those suckers can run if you fix the floppy eared front end and the weak allison.

I'd take a 6.4 in a heartbeat but i cant afford the payments in the wonderful economic situation. heck cant hardly afford a payment period!

My 2 cents for what its worth....

I know a guy who's unlces cousins brothers sisters wifes son has a twin turbo 6.5 and lets just say he has never lost a sled pull. He once pulled the sled all the way home, the sled rental place called the cops they though he stole the sled. when the cops caught up to them they were in the backyard havin a cook out, turn bubba Joe just forgot the sled was back there and drove home like normal. He wsa banned from the race track last time he ran the 1/4 he ran a 23.73 it was the tracks fault though, it couldn't hold all the power and it actually cracked the concrete launch area and put ruts in the asphault all the way down the track.

He welded the heads to the block and has never had HG issue, has twin standyne rotarary pumps turned all the way up, and he put an NV4500 behind his turbo 400. During the week he pulls a converted 53' land all and halls a D9 Cat from site to site, passing semi's all the way.

If you take the egr and emissions crap off the 6.0 and clamp the heads down as tight as you can they are reliable and very stout. a buddy of mine has a 500 hp 900 trq daily driver that gets 200-500 miles a week put on it runs a 12.90 1/4 mile sled pulls 10-12 times a year and hauls a gooseneck all week long on a stock tranny. 165K and still runs strong.

also a buddy of mine has a 07 ram and has been in the shop almost a full month in the last 3. Injector/cp3 issues. When its running right will pull a trailer like nothing i've seen. interior not so great but heck its a work truck. the thing should be a real animal here soon since he's putting a 66mm turbo on it soon.

I'm inclined to be against chevy more than ford or dodge for the simple fact of the govnt bailout but what ever i guess. i wouldnt buy one any newer than a 06 lbz for sure. those suckers can run if you fix the floppy eared front end and the weak allison.

I'd take a 6.4 in a heartbeat but i cant afford the payments in the wonderful economic situation. heck cant hardly afford a payment period!

My 2 cents for what its worth....

Huh. Really?? Must be a Jeep thing?

i herd every cummings burns up pistons... well... iherd it from my buddy. hes a diesel mechanic at cummings... well... he cleans the bathrooms at cummings but he noes a lot about diesals

I know a guy who's unlces cousins brothers sisters wifes son has a twin turbo 6.5 and lets just say he has never lost a sled pull. He once pulled the sled all the way home, the sled rental place called the cops they though he stole the sled. when the cops caught up to them they were in the backyard havin a cook out, turn bubba Joe just forgot the sled was back there and drove home like normal. He wsa banned from the race track last time he ran the 1/4 he ran a 23.73 it was the tracks fault though, it couldn't hold all the power and it actually cracked the concrete launch area and put ruts in the asphault all the way down the track.

He welded the heads to the block and has never had HG issue, has twin standyne rotarary pumps turned all the way up, and he put an NV4500 behind his turbo 400. During the week he pulls a converted 53' land all and halls a D9 Cat from site to site, passing semi's all the way.

BubbaJoe is my cousin's father-in-law. The story BigBlock88 said is completely true.

my question to you guys is....what would actually constitute a "quality" interior in a pickup truck? leather wrapped dash, carbon fiber inlays. holy chit guys its a fricken truck. are you going to be driving your companies CEO around to luncheons with it - NO

every new truck i look in the window of has a way nicer interior setup than my 98. the fact that HP wars went to "the interior in those trucks sucks" is quite lame

ok now.........ive never seen any brand truck make it through a hard life without needing some type of repair, they all eat parts, some just eat front parts, some eat middle parts and some eat end parts

i say the best truck going today is the one you can get for the cheapest

i herd every cummings burns up pistons... well... iherd it from my buddy. hes a diesel mechanic at cummings... well... he cleans the bathrooms at cummings but he noes a lot about diesals

Is his name Joe Jack Budd? I know a fella by that name who works at cummings, you know he knows what he is talkin about he has 3 first names

my question to you guys is....what would actually constitute a "quality" interior in a pickup truck? leather wrapped dash, carbon fiber inlays. holy chit guys its a fricken truck. are you going to be driving your companies CEO around to luncheons with it - NO

every new truck i look in the window of has a way nicer interior setup than my 98. the fact that HP wars went to "the interior in those trucks sucks" is quite lame

ok now.........ive never seen any brand truck make it through a hard life without needing some type of repair, they all eat parts, some just eat front parts, some eat middle parts and some eat end parts

Interior matters to me in the respect that I want to be comfortable, but I don't need leather, navigation, DVD players or any of the crap. I just need a comfy seat a decent radion and ac/heat and I am a happy camper. Also a quite cab free of squeeks and rattle is nice on long trips. All i care about is how my truck pulls and how comfortable I feel doing it.

Just because it's a truck, doesn't mean it can't be quality work. I don't understand where a truck has to be a pile and not have the same standards as anything else. It's my truck, it's my car, it's the family hauler. It's not the old beater that I fire up every couple of months to go to the dump with. Or just use around the farm.