Horsepower wars

the real question is.........

why do we have to "see" the frame on chevy's? Can't they freaking make a body panel that covers that chit up?

We are talking about pickups yes? Call me when a frame on a dodge, ford, or chevy breaks from use. .

To be honest the only frame i have ever seen honestly buckle was a dodge, it was at scheids this year. Im sure i can pull up a video if you like. I guess it didnt break, but buckling is pretty bad. Im not trying to bash here, as obviously we all like what we like. Thats what opinions are for, and if everything you said was true, gm wouldnt still be in business and they wouldnt have a truck with over 100k on the odo... but we'll let you think your right....

To be honest the only frame i have ever seen honestly buckle was a dodge, it was at scheids this year. Im sure i can pull up a video if you like. I guess it didnt break, but buckling is pretty bad. Im not trying to bash here, as obviously we all like what we like. Thats what opinions are for, and if everything you said was true, gm wouldnt still be in business and they wouldnt have a truck with over 100k on the odo... but we'll let you think your right....

If you wanna get technical they have done went bankrupt once.....

I've seen the buckle, I though that truck was an early 94 truck?

Yeah it was, i was just saying that was the only truck i had ever seen, i really dont think any of the big 3s are breakable anymore.

On a side note i heard a rumor that if you take an obs dodge (94-02) with the same amount of horsepower as an nbs (03 and newer) the older dodge will beat it on the pulling track cause it was a better frame/chassis. That was coming from some big names at the dodge camp.

I thought Chrysler went bankrupt once as well?

The only reason Ford never got into deep **** was because of a Boeing boy.

I like the newer trucks honestly, I'd take any one of em.. But I'd keep my 98 as well, they just look the best, and are very, very clean and simple.

Last edited:
Chrylser has went 2x IIRC. GM just barely escaped it during the late 70's. Or they came damn close, I forget.

After the things is have seen lately, ford is the only company that seems to be thinking before they build. Even then I dont really want any of them.

Check out these shots of the new ford. Looks fairly strong, I just see a couple of area's for improvement. It only has a 3 speed tranny though, which will probably hurt it a lot.

LOL

2wno2ft.jpg

24yb610.jpg

dzjewk.jpg

Last edited:
Chrylser has went 2x IIRC. GM just barely escaped it during the late 70's. Or they came damn close, I forget.

After the things is have seen lately, ford is the only company that seems to be thinking before they build. Even then I dont really want any of them.

Chrysler has been baild out three times by government contracts for the original CUCV's for the military. And various other small contracts, the 70's were hot for GM the 80's hurt them bad and nearly went under overseas sales kept them alive.

Ford has been lucky IMO, after the 3.0 duratech scandal in the 90's where Ford was caught trying to shortin the life of the motor by replaceing hard parts with plastic parts. The head flipping on the 4.6 dohc, they were to cheap to build right and left side heads. The Firestone deal (not fords fault), and the 6.0 powerstroke. Ford's fans are the most hardcore closed minded group of people you will ever come across, I know I used to be one:doh:.

And GM went under due to shotty structuring pouring all there money in big gas hogs, not investing in any of there small cars they were all junk. And after the s10 they through us a POS colorado and Canyon. And the GM stuck with that damn 6.5 for years blind by the fact the 454 could pull with the diesels of the time. When the diesels took off on power rating and Cummins boys figured out the fuel pump screw and Ford figured turbo charging and direct injection it was all over. The 6.5 was an unreliable underpowered IDI hunk of chit.

Roachie no personal attack was meant, I was just trying to understand but our littlebif was fun.

Last edited:
My family has owned all 3 brands. My next truck will be a Chevy for sure. The last two diesels we've had from them have been great (1 injection pump on the 6.5L in 80k miles and injectors in the lb7 at 164k miles) and we've had no issues with drivetrains or interiors (which are far superior to Dodge and Ford). The Ford we had was in the shop 6 times in the 6 months we owned it and my Dodge has gone through more front end parts than I care to think about and we wont discuss the dash and other interior parts. The Chevy rides better, drives better, and is all around nicer. I just wish they had a bigger interior like the Ford's do.

Blues not jokin on this one

havin driven a brand new 2011 DMAX for a few hours.. those things are sinfully nice.. smooth, quiet, car riding.. and have power to boot..

was i gettin a new truck? id go Dmax for sure... but for now my 350 horse or so cummins gets decent mileage, hauls what i need to, and gets me around..

if i want a high hp truck, im goin old school again...

but if i want a new truck.. chevy it is.. they sure are nice and yank cattle trailers around just as well as the cummins...

I'll be honest, will all my past issues I'm kinda Jonesing for a new Dmax... Not a fan of the looks but if I were to buy new today it'd prob. be a Dmax for sure.. GMC that is...

I just HATE that I'd be buying from Government Motors!!!!

Not that I don't Love the Cummins / Dodge !! I do! Especially the looks..the 2010's grew on me a good bit!

I just want a truck with NO Issues!!! lol

Last edited:
Well if its any consolation, I tow heavy, 27K. I have had to rebuild the front end once in 180K. Probably will need to do u-joints shortly. Get 10.5-7 towing that weight and have gotten as much as 25 empty (Gear Vendors) I am a fleet manager at a Gov't facility and with 26 F-250 6.0's, I can believe the problems I am having with them. DPF is the main issue. We don't operate them like they need to be, but they are constantly setting codes. The GM part of the fleet I have seem to set codes for the telling the operator that he needs to drive like he stole it, then the light goes out. I don't have any of the new Rams in my fleet, but from anybody that I know that have them I haven't heard anything but good. For myself as you can see in signature I won't be getting anything new for long time. I have modified mine to my liking and it does everything I ask it do an then some. Like i said earlier I tow heavy, it rides a little rough without the weight, but I am Ram nut, and I came from a GM familiy.

26 Ford 6.0's???? Yea that is a disaster waiting to ..... nevermind....... happening. No DPF on 6.0 you must be having EGR issues Mr. Fleet manager....
:what: Just pullin your chain.

No thanks on the Dmax. Worked at the dealer here for a little while. Non of those guys were qualified to work on a Diesel or anything with a bunch of electronics.