Horsepower wars

Just because it's a truck, doesn't mean it can't be quality work. I don't understand where a truck has to be a pile and not have the same standards as anything else. It's my truck, it's my car, it's the family hauler. It's not the old beater that I fire up every couple of months to go to the dump with. Or just use around the farm.

i agree,it doesnt have to be a pile, but when a guy says they wont buy that truck becuase the interior is sub par is beyond me

describe to me what makes the best interior out of the new trucks and why.....all the new trucks look "nice" to me insied.

i could care less what it looks like, if one interior functioned better than the others i would be all over it, such as cup holder location, power ports, button placement etc...

i agree,it doesnt have to be a pile, but when a guy says they wont buy that truck becuase the interior is sub par is beyond me

describe to me what makes the best interior out of the new trucks and why.....all the new trucks look "nice" to me insied.

i could care less what it looks like, if one interior functioned better than the others i would be all over it, such as cup holder location, power ports, button placement etc...

Looks are pretty big for me. I think the Ford and the Ford copied Dodge interiors look best. Quality would be the fit and finish. The plastic used in the Chevy just looks Cheesey to me as well (LML+). Seat comfort of course. I have no clue which I'd buy out of the three though. I'd have to drive them all back to back to back to make up my mind.

I've driven them all back to back to back more than once and my choice would be the new Chevy if I were to buy a new truck. I am a Chevy guy at heart and really based on driving them prior to the new model Chevy the Ford would be the truck I'd get but the new Chevy has it beat now... In my opinion...

One things for sure, as long as a new truck costs as much as a Corvette I wont be buying one.

One things for sure, as long as a new truck costs as much as a Corvette I wont be buying one.

No kidding, I need to get a 1 ton to replace my 3/4 ton with 300+k miles on it and won't waste 50k on a new truck, I'm having difficulties spending 15 to 20k on a newer used one. I'm about tempted to go buy an older 12 valve and spend the money fixing it up than buying a newer one.

No kidding, I need to get a 1 ton to replace my 3/4 ton with 300+k miles on it and won't waste 50k on a new truck, I'm having difficulties spending 15 to 20k on a newer used one. I'm about tempted to go buy an older 12 valve and spend the money fixing it up than buying a newer one.

I'd buy a late model roll over and set an older pre-emissions body on the chassis and title it as such...then it' won't matter if you delete the emissions crap.

i was lucky enough to get a new '11 LML Z71 ccsb for a work truck, its an LT model. i have 14k miles on it now and gets mid 14's mpg every day and the engine never shuts off. i have never towed with it so i cant compare to any newer trucks or my 05 1-ton dodge. I love it, it rides like a car (compared to my dodge) and will flat out run like a scalded dog for a completely stock vehicle. I would be tempted to buy one as a personal vehicle, but the $50k sticker on this thing is a tad high...

Looks are pretty big for me. I think the Ford and the Ford copied Dodge interiors look best. Quality would be the fit and finish. The plastic used in the Chevy just looks Cheesey to me as well (LML+). Seat comfort of course. I have no clue which I'd buy out of the three though. I'd have to drive them all back to back to back to make up my mind.

oops, I meant LMM.. Can't edit that this late in the game though :poke:

I hate to see big cracks and holes in the dash. Dodge trucks all have a problem with cracked dash's.

ff8f5a2d.jpg

One reason I drive a ford.

Thats what HP and TQ will do to a Dash! You drive a "Six leaker" so you wouldnt know about that... and you get to fix more expensive junk than a $300 dash.

Last edited:
I hate to see big cracks and holes in the dash. Dodge trucks all have a problem with cracked dash's.

ff8f5a2d.jpg

One reason I drive a ford.

Thats what HP and TQ will do to a Dash! You drive a "Six leaker" so you wouldnt know about that... and you get to fix more expensive junk than a $300 dash.

:eek:wned:

well done sir, imagine listening him tell everyone at a bonfire that he drives a big bad 6.ooooooh because dodges have crappy dashboards, lmao

but guys, he made 500hp... I mean, you'd have to buy a Smarty and plug it in for about 7 minutes to do that with a CR Cummins! :(

I am a outside account manager, so I drive alot for my work. I change my vehicles every 2 years. And being a person that likes to experience something so that I can make a comment on it, I have bought one of each. Each one has been good, I turned my dodge into a race truck, so I musta liked it (although I didnt miss the occasional death wobble) The Chevy (LBZ) wasnt a great truck stock, but worked quite well after I added a programmer, intake and exhaust (about 450 HP) Was a good tow rig ( I had a 37 foot 5er that was 15k dry) My biggest complaint with the chevy was the wheel alignment every 40 50 thousand kilometers (30k miles) I also went through 1 and was needing some work on the 2nd transmission. I now have a 2010 ford harley with the 6.4. Same as the chevy, stock it wasnt all that, about 2 mpg better than the chevy stock. But with just a tuner and a dpf delete, amazing. By far my most favorite truck I have ever owned. The ride quality is great, amazing in fact considering it is a straight axle front end. The interior (especially the seats) is of much better quality than the chevy. The leather isnt cracking, the seats are not bagging out. The ford does not need to have air bags like the chevy to pull the race truck. The back end does not sag when I hook the trailer up to the back. It is definately a heavier truck, but that works to its advantage also for towing, it isnt as succeptable to wind when towing, holds the road much better.

In conclusion, they are all good, all work fine, but the ford is definatly the best built truck out there right now. The duramax is a great towing engine, probably better than the powerstroke, but only marginally, both ride better than the dodge (which is a bucking wagon in comparison. I had forgotten how bad the dodges ride, till I got a new company truck with my new job and it is a dodge,,,, wow) The build quality is considerably superior on the ford, and joy of ownership is greater so far with the ford (which is something 2 or 3 years ago I never thought I would ever say

ummmm, ya lost me with this one.... You don't think the Dodge still has a partially boxed, c channel chassis, do you?
A little late, but all the cab chassis trucks have the back half of the frame as c-channel. Just like all fords and gms, and all your class 8 trucks.

I'll lay down 600+ in the spring. I got under 5k $ in the 6.0l.

Dodge makes crap trucks. Cummins is the only upside

There is currently a 480hp rated ISB-5.9 with a max rpm of 3,500 available from cummins in a marine application. Find a way to keep it cool and pass the EPA garbage and there is an engine to be reckoned with. I'm sure cummins is working on something, but with such strict emission requirements and chassis limitation there is only so much they can do. Also, as said before, FIAT did decide to keep the cummins as a powerplant, but as a large shareholder of the company they have a lot of say in the future of the RAM trucks..

Thats the hard part, you could get that out of any non-emissions engine.

My point isn't how you interpreted it.. I meant that the platform of the 5.9 Cummins can support high CONTINUOUS horsepower.. The light duty pickup engine is now a 6.7 and it still slightly experimental.. I don't think Cummins anticipated the Light-duty diesel truck market to have such a large, sudden horsepower increase. Especially so close to yet another emissions change.. Engineering takes time..