Houston Raceway Park ~ August 7th!!

I thought I heard that... And I agree run what ya brung and hope ya brung enough, but I think to be a succesful event we will need different classes. Now the problem... what type of classes and not end up with a bracket race!

I'm gonna try to start something here. Who wants to match up to me next month for a manual tranny grudge match, all for fun and bragging rights of course.

Ok, I have been drinking so bear with me. I am gonna go into my corporate managerial Rah Rah mode. This is usually where my CIO tells me to shut up, but he is not here.

David, Joe and Michael have given there time and effort to provide the local and regional Diesel Sports enthusiasts a place to go and have fun and promote the sport on a monthly basis. Just their time and effort is worth money to them and I really appreciate this. :clap: The prizes awarded are just a bonus.

Last Friday was one of the best turn outs since the first at HMP. This one had a lot of trucks racing, competing and everyone having fun. I do want to commend all the guys that were there and raced. :Cheer: They represented the diesel truck world very well both on and off the track. Colletively we showed the crowd that diesel trucks can compete on a drag strip with anyone at any level.

I think we have a unique opportunity at HRP. They have been more than friendly to diesel trucks on the track. Giving us special consideration as a group was awesome. Made me feel like we were a Corvette Club or something. This attitude is not always found at race tracks. I know a couple of tracks that School Bus and some others would not have been allowed on the track with their lift and tires.

Lets hope that we can continue to convince other local and regional diesel truck owners to come out and particpate. A special thanks to the Louisiana boys that made long Friday night trips to compete and participate. :rockwoot: Just goes to show how hooked we are on the trucks and competing.

I know that within a 100 mile radius there are hundreds of modded diesel trucks with owners like us. David, Joe and Michael have sorta built the field, we have to help get the word out and they will come. Hopefully steady participation and growth will provide wider level of visability. Who knows where it could lead.

Of course when I get my truck back to race ready all y'all will be competing for second place, but that seems to work fine with Tiger on the PGA Tour. :hehe::hehe:

well as soon as texasdieselshootout.com gets going, ill put those flyers wherever i can in my area!

Ok, I have been drinking so bear with me. I am gonna go into my corporate managerial Rah Rah mode. This is usually where my CIO tells me to shut up, but he is not here.

David, Joe and Michael have given there time and effort to provide the local and regional Diesel Sports enthusiasts a place to go and have fun and promote the sport on a monthly basis. Just their time and effort is worth money to them and I really appreciate this. :clap: The prizes awarded are just a bonus.

Last Friday was one of the best turn outs since the first at HMP. This one had a lot of trucks racing, competing and everyone having fun. I do want to commend all the guys that were there and raced. :Cheer: They represented the diesel truck world very well both on and off the track. Colletively we showed the crowd that diesel trucks can compete on a drag strip with anyone at any level.

I think we have a unique opportunity at HRP. They have been more than friendly to diesel trucks on the track. Giving us special consideration as a group was awesome. Made me feel like we were a Corvette Club or something. This attitude is not always found at race tracks. I know a couple of tracks that School Bus and some others would not have been allowed on the track with their lift and tires.

Lets hope that we can continue to convince other local and regional diesel truck owners to come out and particpate. A special thanks to the Louisiana boys that made long Friday night trips to compete and participate. :rockwoot: Just goes to show how hooked we are on the trucks and competing.

I know that within a 100 mile radius there are hundreds of modded diesel trucks with owners like us. David, Joe and Michael have sorta built the field, we have to help get the word out and they will come. Hopefully steady participation and growth will provide wider level of visability. Who knows where it could lead.

Of course when I get my truck back to race ready all y'all will be competing for second place, but that seems to work fine with Tiger on the PGA Tour. :hehe::hehe:

Good post for a broken down old drunk man.

Good post for a broken down old drunk man.

I still have my moments. But like a lot of things they are just shorter and much farther apart now. :bang

At least it took me 60+ years to become a fading has been living on fantasies from the PAST. :kick:

Damn John, that's cold...

Yea I am gonna have to stop being so mean to David. I'm sorry. :(:eek:

Had a bad morning with my 17 year old daughter and he was just tooooo easy to take it out on.

I will just have to let the rest of y'all provide harassment for a while. LOL

I still have my moments. But like a lot of things they are just shorter and much farther apart now. :bang

At least it took me 60+ years to become a fading has been living on fantasies from the PAST. :kick:

Damn John, that's cold...

Yea I am gonna have to stop being so mean to David. I'm sorry. :(:eek:

Had a bad morning with my 17 year old daughter and he was just tooooo easy to take it out on.

I will just have to let the rest of y'all provide harassment for a while. LOL

John
I was brought up and taught to respect my elders but don't think for a minute I won't kick your cane out from under you.:evil

Said person could never live with himself getting beat by a 17 second truckLOL

I know, he moaped around like a lil kid when he payed the 1000.00 bet he lost:hehe:

Lil kids don't pay $1000.00 bets chicken legs.
Instead of the DLRA now its the CLRA...LOL