How easy does your truck start?

Tried to start mine after sitting in 17* weather not plugged in with no grids. 2mins of solid cranking for it to fire.

started my truck this morning. about 10* out. cycled the grid heaters twice and it fired right up 3rd crank

Truck sat in freezing weather for 6 days, no plug in. Got in it, cycled heaters 4 times, and fired right up with a little throttle input.

My truck starts just like a vp in warmer weather. I started it last week in -20 celsius after sitting for almost 2 weeks and it started within 2 seconds of cranking with no throttle input. She idled at 500 rpm for around 1 min the slowly went up to 900 rpm.
Its a 215 pump with stock dv's, #11 fuel plate and 4gsk not sure what the timing is set at but I’m guessing somewhere around 18*

Needs throttle input to start, but I don't gives a chit it's not like it's very difficult to put your foot on the pedal.

maybe not with an auto, but when you've got a manual and you're sitting on a hill it get's to be a pain in the ass having one foot sideways so you can cover all three pedals.

maybe not with an auto, but when you've got a manual and you're sitting on a hill it get's to be a pain in the ass having one foot sideways so you can cover all three pedals.

Permanently ground the NSS and you will only need two of the pedals...

been thinking of doing that, problem is I sometimes let my girlfriend drive it, and she's used to an auto... be REAL cool to find my pickup in the living room.

Set the e-brake?:doh:

Won't always help, trust me, girlfriends WILL find a way to screw up somehow. :lolly:

I have a ppumped cr with ddp250s, stock215 pump and4k springs... I have no problem starting mine in any weather with 19* and no throttle input... but I had the first guys problemtwice since I built it.. first had cracked Inj hold down and air got in return... then I had a draw tube issue and if less than half a tank would lose fuel prime... but now it's awesome!

My race truck fires right up no throttle input needed. 25* timing, 600cc 215 pump and 7x.014 injectors.

Mien has been detuned a little bit and now fires up with no input.