Hows this setup sound for a 2.6 class truck

smokin06

Throwing together a street or 2.6 truck for the girlfreind to pull this year the truck is a 1997 12v ext cab the engine eep build 13mm pump (pump just has the 13mm barrels and plungers no quick rate cam) 5x18 dual feed injectors, .093 stainless lines, fletcher cam, head ported and polished, fass fuel system, kennys street triple disc, 3.55 gears with 33 X13.50 mickey thompson mtz's my only question is this a good setup and what turbo would u run, we can bush them down what would u guys recommend and any changes u would make. thanks allot

I would go with a gear change first. 5.13's or 4.88's more than likely. As for a turbo I would get a good 2.8 charger since you can bush it down and get one with a 1.1 A/R exh housing. I turbo like that should be good with spooling staying lit plus allow it to breath pretty good aswell. That should be a good setup for someone getting into pulling

Throwing together a street or 2.6 truck for the girlfreind to pull this year the truck is a 1997 12v ext cab the engine eep build 13mm pump (pump just has the 13mm barrels and plungers no quick rate cam) 5x18 dual feed injectors, .093 stainless lines, fletcher cam, head ported and polished, fass fuel system, kennys street triple disc, 3.55 gears with 33 X13.50 mickey thompson mtz's my only question is this a good setup and what turbo would u run, we can bush them down what would u guys recommend and any changes u would make. thanks allot

buy my turbo I have for sale. It would be a good one for you. S-400, 2.8 inducer with t-4 flange and 1.00a/r. 4 hooks on it, and I have a very nice custom bushing to go to 2.6. ONLY reason I'm getting rid of it is because they are cracking down on bushings around me sucks. Thanks, Brian

what size is your charger blos101. as for the gear change i have thought of that but there aerent any real strong pullers in this area and we will just be hitting brush pulls was gonna street drive the truck also. I have an open class twin turbo puller this was gonna be one the girlfriend could pull in the street class. i might think of some 4.10's or something. thanks for the input guys keep it coming.

My turbo is an S-400 with a 2.8 inducer bore with a 71mm compressor wheel. Has a t-4 exhaust flange with a 1.00a/r exhaust housing. Has a bushing that can bring it down to 2.6 inducer bore if you pull in 2.6 class. 4 hooks total on this charger. Truck does not drive on the road because I have another as a daily driver. I would keep it but my area is restricting the use of bushings in the turbochargers now. Thanks

4.88s if you drag lighter faster sleds
5.13s if you drag sleds more like Old Ironsides ALL the time.

Other than that I say you have everything ironed out, but with 3.55's & a 5spd your only gonna be able to stay on top of that charger in 3rd Low which is a 16 final drive and SUCKS for ground speed.

4.88s if you drag lighter faster sleds
5.13s if you drag sleds more like Old Ironsides ALL the time.

Other than that I say you have everything ironed out, but with 3.55's & a 5spd your only gonna be able to stay on top of that charger in 3rd Low which is a 16 final drive and SUCKS for ground speed.

He is totally right. I pull farther in 2nd high range but snuff out at the end, and in 3rd low range its too slow but the motor screams all the way thru. I currently have 3.54 gears. Once I go to 4.88 and get that torque range back up I'd be fine.

He is totally right. I pull farther in 2nd high range but snuff out at the end, and in 3rd low range its too slow but the motor screams all the way thru. I currently have 3.54 gears. Once I go to 4.88 and get that torque range back up I'd be fine.

Tried 2nd HI ONCE this past season.....R's came down so fast when I started off the clutch I dumped it half way out....truck took off like a BAT OUTTA HELL:what:...half track blew HG:doh: ... damn not having a wastegate... went 10 ft farther than my original 3rd Low pull with no other changes...and snuffed out!:kick:

Tried 2nd HI ONCE this past season.....R's came down so fast when I started off the clutch I dumped it half way out....truck took off like a BAT OUTTA HELL:what:...half track blew HG:doh: ... damn not having a wastegate... went 10 ft farther than my original 3rd Low pull with no other changes...and snuffed out!:kick:

That sounds about as bad as this happened to me. I'm the second truck to pull, "black truck":charger: enjoy. This was before my 5k rpm kit and my better pump so keep that in mind lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHCPgqw877s

the engine thats going in this truck is currently in a pulling truck and i pulled it once last year for the guy and i came out over 6,000 rpms and toasted a southbend dual disc that was brand new u dont think coming out that hard i will be able to stay on top of the charger.

how about if i changed to 4.10s would that be sufficient and if i go to 4.88's can i put that carrier in my 3.55 rear end housing or do i need a whole new rear end and front end.

the engine thats going in this truck is currently in a pulling truck and i pulled it once last year for the guy and i came out over 6,000 rpms and toasted a southbend dual disc that was brand new u dont think coming out that hard i will be able to stay on top of the charger.

I think you would be able to stay on top of the charger if you have the rpms and the fuel. Sounds like you will prolly be ok. With the 4.10's or the 4.88's you will have to get another carrier because the carrier's split at 4.10's. 4.10 and numerically higher 4.56, 4.88 etc. takes one carrier and numerically lower than 4.10's like 3.73, 3.54 etc take the other carrier. But you DO NOT have to change the axles themselves no.

I can come out in 2nd high range with my charger now at 4,000rpm and stay on top of it. So like I said you should be fine with it if you decide to buy it.

Oh yeah and I have not put in my 4.88 gears yet either. This was 4,000rpm with 3.54 gears also.

with the 13mm pump and big rpm's i think i can do it i might change to 4.10's though

I didn't read through all of the posts except the first one. But everything seems ok. But don't cut yourself short on your pump. I would make sure its done to its best and cut something else short. Getting a good cam grind for the pump in very important. But that just me.

thanks for the info 2tone12v, in my puller i had diesel performance engineering build mine with quick rate cam and the best parts it on the lowest setting is 560cc's and up top was 1080cc's, its hard to run on the street so in this one i just had barrels and plungers, shouldnt need much more than that in the street class should i, i really appreciate the opinions, we have a bunch of nitrous runners down here and we wanna show them how to do it on fuel. will i be able to spool that 71mm charger pretty good coming off at 6,000 rpms

thanks for the info 2tone12v, in my puller i had diesel performance engineering build mine with quick rate cam and the best parts it on the lowest setting is 560cc's and up top was 1080cc's, its hard to run on the street so in this one i just had barrels and plungers, shouldnt need much more than that in the street class should i, i really appreciate the opinions, we have a bunch of nitrous runners down here and we wanna show them how to do it on fuel. will i be able to spool that 71mm charger pretty good coming off at 6,000 rpms

If you can't spool the 71mm turbo at 6k coming off the line there is a huge F*cking problem!:hehe:

Back