Hows this setup sound for a 2.6 class truck

Brad from schieds told me that for the 2.8 class they shoot for around a 16 final. With my 5 speed and 3.55 gears is a 16.07. I wanted to swap to the 6 speed cause low 4th would be a 13.37 final. Brad said that was to fast to save my money and put some rpms to go with what i have. So i have 35 in bfg at's and we will see how the new pump and turbo work.

Bye the way, a 3.0 class buddy of mine said they only run a 14.5 or so final. 5.13 gears and a 5 speed low 4th gives you a 13.90 and high 2nd is a 15.60. That would give you two good gears to use

Tim

well for sure brad knows his stuff, i have a 6 speed and a 5 speed i will use both but i can put the 5 speed in my twin turbo open class truck, i will ask about that setup later but for this setup u think the 5 speed would be better with 35" tires huh.

well for sure brad knows his stuff, i have a 6 speed and a 5 speed i will use both but i can put the 5 speed in my twin turbo open class truck, i will ask about that setup later but for this setup u think the 5 speed would be better with 35" tires huh.

Im hopin so. LOL I decieded to take brads advice and atleast try it before i swap to the 6 speed. I went from a 12mm pump to a full 13mm race pump and from a 2.8 s400sx to the 3.0 s400sx turbo for now but plan on going to the 75/88/1.32 turbo once i get alittle more money.

The problem with the 6 speed and 3.55 gears is you have low 4th but high 2nd is a 11.82 and that is way to fast. It is a costly swap to find out you still dont quite have the right gear. A 6 speed and 4.10s is a 15.44 in low 4th and a 13.65 in high 2nd which is also a good choice.

thank all u guys for your info this site is awesome, anymore comments is appreciated, i kinda knew what route i wanted to go but its pretty costly to buy turbos just to try out. thanks for the help everybody.

where would this setup put me hp wise 700 or 750. its gonna take 700 to compete in the 2.6 class if not 800 where r these classes gonna be in 5 more years will we be looking at close to 1000hp on street trucks.

where would this setup put me hp wise 700 or 750. its gonna take 700 to compete in the 2.6 class if not 800 where r these classes gonna be in 5 more years will we be looking at close to 1000hp on street trucks.

You pretty much know what the limit of a street truck is going to be now. I mean there is a point where drivability suffers enough where its not worth it anymore and we know what that point is now. Think the turbo might be sold but I'll let you know if your interested if it falls thru.

ok thanks allot let me know i can have my turbo guy build one but i am interested in urs thanks again.

considerin my 2.8 71 mm turbo is fully lit at around 2400 rpm why is this gentleman worried about spoolin a 71 mm at 6000 rpm?

Are not all 71 mm turbos about the same?

we run 14.3 gear on 33's

considerin my 2.8 71 mm turbo is fully lit at around 2400 rpm why is this gentleman worried about spoolin a 71 mm at 6000 rpm?

Are not all 71 mm turbos about the same?

we run 14.3 gear on 33's

Thats what mine spools at too.

not too worried about it really my post started asking what turbo i should run, after we decided on the 71mm then we started talking about gearing so u r running 33's and what front and rear r u running 3.73's orr 4.10's. i am still stuck between teh 5 or 6 speed and 3.54's or 4.10's or 4.88's was wanting this truck to be somewhat streetable so really wanted to stay with 3.54's or 4.10's. Just kicking around what to do.

In my opinion, the best of both worlds would be the 6 speedband 4.10 gears. You get two decent gears to pull with and it would still be streetable. This is what my buddy bryce runs. He has a 13mm pump, 6x24 injectors, schied cam, 75/88/1.32 turbo and drives it to all of the pulls.

i run a 6spd and 3.54's and i love 4th low which is a 13.38 final drive, seems to be about perfect on most tracks with 33's. on loose tracks it will turn 4500rpms, and tight tracks its right around 3800-4000.

BTW see my new thread for a simple gear selection calculator that you can download if you wanna see what different gear/tire combos will do for mph etc.

thanks guys i think thats the route i am going 6 speed 3.54's 4th low and a s475sx charger bushed down to a 2.6 with the 13mm pump and 5x18 injectors ported and polished head, all valve train upgraded, southbend dd, hows that setup sound, be pretty stout at these brush pulls here in southeastern ohio. wanna put it all over the nitrous boys (Vannest) with an all fuel truck. give me your opinions thanks allot.

Sounds like a pretty stout setup to me!!

Bring that thing a little further south and come play with the guys pulling in KY! There's several pulls in Northern KY that you could pull at and have good rules and good organizations (NKTPA and Battle of The Bluegrass). See how she stacks up to some of the best 2.6 trucks in the country. It'd be fun!!

C-ya

meigs county, just below athens, smokeshow, i really plan on coming and playing with u guys some, not with my open truck but with this truck, if i have to i will throw my big 13mm pump on there before i come down. I would really like to see how it stacks up thanks everybody for the help its greatly appreciated.

bring the open truck too... they are starting an open driveline 3.0 class down here to replace the 2.8 class. :D

I'd probably put the 13mm pump on. ;)

c-ya