Hows this setup sound for a 2.6 class truck

We got out butts handed to us all year by a 24V running 3.55 w/ 6spd 4th low all last year with a comparable size charger you will be fine with that R&P / gear combo ;)

thanks allot got smoke, just leary with that big charger u know dont wanna put all this money into it and waste it , i dont really wanna switch gears.

thanks allot got smoke, just leary with that big charger u know dont wanna put all this money into it and waste it , i dont really wanna switch gears.

Okay my memory was a little fuzzy so I txted a guy who helped build the truck I mentioned. That 24V was running a 66/71/16 not quite as big as the charger you mentioned but with a built P Pump you shouldn't have any problem spooling it. Especially with a cam as well. That 24V only had injectors HRVP and smarty / redline and he was giving it to us all year!

Okay my memory was a little fuzzy so I txted a guy who helped build the truck I mentioned. That 24V was running a 66/71/16 not quite as big as the charger you mentioned but with a built P Pump you shouldn't have any problem spooling it. Especially with a cam as well. That 24V only had injectors HRVP and smarty / redline and he was giving it to us all year!

that 66 is not even quite as big as a silver bullet. That is a hugh differance in turbos atleast to me..

On youtube is a video of my buddy running a 13mm pump with the stock 913 cam, 6x24 injectors, scheid street cam, s475 1.32 t6 housing, 6 speed low 4th with 4.10 gears. That might give you an idea on what to expect.

I think it is called Bryce at farmer city IL. I dont know how to copy a link from my phone. sorry.

Tim

that 66 is not even quite as big as a silver bullet. That is a hugh differance in turbos atleast to me.

that's why I took the time to post again, and if you'll notice I gave pointers on why he still shouldn't have much of a problem with his intended setup.

that's why I took the time to post again, and if you'll notice I gave pointers on why he still shouldn't have much of a problem with his intended setup.

Were on the same page. I didnt mean nothing just joining in on the conversation is all.

Tim

Man i got to get real internet again. I tried to enter a smiliy in there and it just posted what i typed.

thanks getblown for linking that up. by the way, i still beat him with my little ol benched 180 pump and 2.8 s400sx pullin in low 3rd with 3.55. LOL

Here is my video just for the fun of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9vS0d8_UFA

Well the top 2.6 trucks around here are running 11 to 10 something finally drive ratio's. I know the dodge boys are running the sts that are the 36inch 14 inch wide and there running 5.13 and 4th low. The top truck in the class which is a duramax and has a 6-speed in it claims to be running something in the range of 11 something final drive. All these trucks(top 5) are in the 900hp range so pack your lunch if you come up this way(cotpc)

hahahaahhahaha thanks tim, i think its gonna run ok, hopefully, awful funny that i watched about 10 pulls in cotpc and wesley wade won almost every one of them, and i know for a fact last year he was only 780hp. Evan davis was on his heels adn they were neck and neck. im here for fun and really dont care about packing a lunch this is my girlfriends truck if ya wanna run nofullpull i will bring my 3.0 truck out with the s480 and 14mm pump. Im excited about her truck, patrick (gotta 12v) is gonna set it up and build the cam and turbo i am extremely excited about the setup. then its on to my 3.0 truck.

Man i got to get real internet again. I tried to enter a smiliy in there and it just posted what i typed.

thanks getblown for linking that up. by the way, i still beat him with my little ol benched 180 pump and 2.8 s400sx pullin in low 3rd with 3.55. LOL

Here is my video just for the fun of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9vS0d8_UFA

Congrats!! I dunno how you did it with 3.55s & 5spd.....I was constantly mid pack last year with my box stock S400 3.55's 5spd and several different tire combos from 265's to 315's.:bang

Congrats!! I dunno how you did it with 3.55s & 5spd.....I was constantly mid pack last year with my box stock S400 3.55's 5spd and several different tire combos from 265's to 315's.:bang

I wish i knew also.LOL Actually i have beat him three times. At farmer city, bond county, and our little hometown pull. Bond co was a good pull. Johhny foxtrot, fine finish, Smokin Flatbed, Hillbilly pride, Destination who are all members here and Adam lott were there too. I run 315/75/16 bfg at's.

Here is the vid from Bond co.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxQbTfVyMT8

awful funny that i watched about 10 pulls in cotpc and wesley wade won almost every one of them, and i know for a fact last year he was only 780hp. Evan davis was on his heels adn they were neck and neck. im here for fun and really dont care about packing a lunch this is my girlfriends truck if ya wanna run nofullpull i will bring my 3.0 truck out with the s480 and 14mm pump. Im excited about her truck, patrick (gotta 12v) is gonna set it up and build the cam and turbo i am extremely excited about the setup. then its on to my 3.0 truck.

Nofullpull was jus stating facts, its tough to be competitve in ohio's 2.6class.....

it is very competetive it was fun watching allot of them guys last year thats for sure but i dont believe him for a minute because i watched allot of them pulls and while the duramax's did run good welsey wade was 99% of the time on top. So i dont believe that all the top guys are 900 plus hp. i figure high 7's to mid 8's. At any rate its a great great class and very very fun to watch.

tim if that buddy of urs is running 4.10's and a 1.32 housing in 4th low, i shouldnt have any trouble with 3.55's and a 1.1 housing on a s476 with the 6 speed in 4th low should i. Seeing your truck with the 12mm pump run that charger with 3.55's made me feel allot better.

tim if that buddy of urs is running 4.10's and a 1.32 housing in 4th low, i shouldnt have any trouble with 3.55's and a 1.1 housing on a s476 with the 6 speed in 4th low should i. Seeing your truck with the 12mm pump run that charger with 3.55's made me feel allot better.

His turbo has the big 88/96 tubine wheel also. You should be just fine with your setup. I wish i had 5.13s but 4500$ for a complete drivtrain swap is hard for a guy with 2 kids and a wife only working part time to justify you know. Maybe next season i can get that done.

Tim

Well if Wesley won all these pulls why wasnt he evan in the top ten in the points. Evan took first followed by Rocky Roark,Jordan Lee, and so on. Wesley only maybe came up for two or three this years. I wish I still had my old girl because ive beat down many 3.0 trucks Im not scared! Your right its all for fun and all I was saying is thats all you should be in it for is fun because these guys are heavy hitters and very serious! Ive forgot about more hooks than you have probablly made if you really want to get personal! Im not bashing on Wade either he is a nice guy and has a bada$$ truck but you were probablly haveing fun not paying attention to what was going on out there on the track. I promise you them guys are making more than 780 hp!

Last edited:
Back