Hows this setup sound for a 2.6 class truck

Tires, Yeah i know of a few to, but when you go to your local even where are they at??? Like i said there are a few not many!

I don't know about evan or the lee boys but my truck is no where near 900 at the tires. I thought unlimited single trucks were barely getting over that. I guess I will play catch up again this year.

How about at the crank since we are talking engine hp! Lets say definatly 850+ does that make more since

i would say a good 800 to 875hp is sufficient for this class, nitrous is for sissys that cant make horsepower jsut ask brian vannest from ravenswood west virginia, he cant get his truck off the line without nitrous. if we can get in the mid 800 range should be competetive. abi motorsports whats ur rules in ur class for the 2.6 charger, bushing or not whats the rule.

90% or more of the 2.6 trucks in the country are around 600-800 HP at the wheels then there is around 9% over 800hp then there is that 1% thats over 900hp

The only 2.6 truck that i can even think of at that level HP is 01PPUMP

kman that sounds really close, so in building a 2.6 truck should u shoot for 900hp or build it in the 750 to 850 range, the way patrick is talking we should be high 800's easily, i dunno its all speculation until ya get it on a dyno and see what its really putting out. at any rate i hope to get it to hold together and be dependable.

I run in cotpc. I did not realize you were talking about bushed woorly gigs because I thought I seen somewhere back through this post you said you were running cotpc. I can understand takin a 3.2 or 3.4 and putting a bushing in and getting 900+ and maybe some are doing that with same chargers with modified housings and wheels. T.S. rules state that the wheel must protude into the bore an 1/8 inch. My $.02 is if your wheel protrudes an 1/8 and your making over 750 to 800 you are in the 1 percentile and thats at the CRANK. Take it for what it's worth because $.02 doesn't buy much. I for one love to see the big bad and ugly show up to the pull because you are always garaunteed a good show. I,m swithing brands*nx*. peace ouchttt

I would like to but i dont know if im goin to be in the state that much!

TS :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang

ABI the only show that he puts on is a bunch of flames out the stack, that truck is a turd and is not even close to being competetive. Yes it is fun to watch him blow chunks of piston and stuff out his hood stack but ist a junk motor with junk parts and a huge line of nitrous with no tip or pill in it. I just dont think he knows what the hell hes doing. at any rate so the wheel has to protrude 1/8" up into the bore, we were gonna do a 3.0 charger with a 2.6 housing so i can do that as long as it protrudes 1/8" into the bore..

yes you can do that to any turbo you want. cotpc and nadm does not require you to protrude only t.s. The rules are posted for all of the sanctions, NADM and COTPC are the same as far as I can tell but T.S. :bang:bang:bang:bang:bang has there own (shied ) rules. Oh yeah, I have seen that truck carry the front wheels for 200', I,m not saying he is not unorthodoxed in his movement just that he is always a good time to watch. The truck we r talking about is about an 80 dodge 4 door long bed 4x4.

I run in cotpc. I did not realize you were talking about bushed woorly gigs because I thought I seen somewhere back through this post you said you were running cotpc. I can understand takin a 3.2 or 3.4 and putting a bushing in and getting 900+ and maybe some are doing that with same chargers with modified housings and wheels. T.S. rules state that the wheel must protude into the bore an 1/8 inch. My $.02 is if your wheel protrudes an 1/8 and your making over 750 to 800 you are in the 1 percentile and thats at the CRANK. Take it for what it's worth because $.02 doesn't buy much. I for one love to see the big bad and ugly show up to the pull because you are always garaunteed a good show. I,m swithing brands*nx*. peace ouchttt

I totally disagree. CRs can make in the 750hp range with box stock 64's, thats street trucks tuned right. Now throw a tricked out 66, some head work and some other goodies and your talking a good bit more.

ABI you know as well as I do that the dyno you are going off of for your hp is a stingey sum "B". I think you are well within the :rockwoot:850 crank hp. Dont get fooled by the blue oval:badidea: on the front fella's because if you dont watch it the only thing you will be looking at is the rear bumper and wondering what ABI stands for. ABI you know it runs real well and if you dont I will tell you its a bad mother f'er!:charger:

Back