Hows this setup sound for a 2.6 class truck

with the 13mm pump and big rpm's i think i can do it i might change to 4.10's though

If your going to go through the hassel of swapping from 3.55's to 4.10's you might as well go ahead and go to 4.88's. D80 4.10 carrier will also work with 4.88 gears, and a 4.10 D60 carrier will work with 4.88's with a spacer. You'd only be prolonging the inevitable if you want to be competitive with a 5spd truck. ;)

thats exactly what i was thinking, how much u wantin for it.
i am located in southeastern ohio. near athens where ohio university is.

got smoke r u running a 13mm pump or a 12mm

My pumps factory 12mm. Why does that make a difference between gears/ring & pinion and final drives of?

Final drive of 3.55 3rd Low = 16
Final drive of 4.88 4th Low = 13.26 with better ability to keep the R's up and stay on top of the charger.

because with the added fuel of the 13mm pump and the added rpm's i really feel if i can stay on top of it the 3.54s r better or even 4.10's. the added fuel from the 13mm pump will help, if u r running 3.54's and snuffing out at the end i shouldnt if u know waht i mean, on my twin turbo puller i had the 13mm built and it was a drastic difference over the 12mm better fuel delivery.

when i was running my street twins i am running 35" tires so 3rd gear with that setup was faster than 4th gear with 4.10's with 33" tires. i could run 4th gear with that setup which was a 12mm pump and a hx40/16 over a ht3b/27 with only 370 injectors, it was all the truck wanted but it would do it. i dont feel i will have any problems with the 13mm pump and the right gear tire combo. i might swap in a 6 speed would that help u think.

Either swap to a 6spd and keep the 3.54's and run 4th low, or keep the 5spd and swap to 4.88's and run 4th low on the 5spd. With that much power you will want to run 4th low because its the strongest gearing in the tranny and will be less stress on the tranny aswell. You can spool that turbo at 6K, but just because you leave the line at 6K, doesn't mean its going to be turning that much once you get off the clutch and get going down the track. If you noticed a few other trucks in that video were leaving at 4500-5K, maybe even 6K, but snuffing the turbo once they were completely off the clutch. The black reg. cab dodge with the primered bed is Brandon B. I know he is running 5.13 gears and 4th low if I'm not mistaken and you seen how well that truck ran. Sounded like he left the line at 5K, but it pulled down around 4K once he was off the clutch.

i know brandon and i did see how his truck ran but man hes running a heck of a set of tires isnt he, whats he running 38's or 36's. i will swap the 6speed in and put the 5 speed in my twin turbo puller and change the gears in it. would it help allot if i went to 4.10's. i am hoping the truck will run 4500 down the track with my cam and pump setup maybe 4,000 but that ought to stay on top of the charger right.

i know brandon and i did see how his truck ran but man hes running a heck of a set of tires isnt he, whats he running 38's or 36's. i will swap the 6speed in and put the 5 speed in my twin turbo puller and change the gears in it. would it help allot if i went to 4.10's. i am hoping the truck will run 4500 down the track with my cam and pump setup maybe 4,000 but that ought to stay on top of the charger right.

Your charger selection will have a lot to do with what rpm it runs down the track at.

Unless you already have the 6 spd currently then it will be cheaper to swap ring & pinion.

I "was" going to swap a 6spd into my puller to keep it streetable, but trans is $2500, crossmember is $150, then you have to have the driveshafts modified. Swapping gears is A LOT cheaper and then you don't have to worry so much about breaking the trans....axles will probably be the next thing you break. LOL

thanks for the info 2tone12v, in my puller i had diesel performance engineering build mine with quick rate cam and the best parts it on the lowest setting is 560cc's and up top was 1080cc's, its hard to run on the street so in this one i just had barrels and plungers, shouldnt need much more than that in the street class should i, i really appreciate the opinions, we have a bunch of nitrous runners down here and we wanna show them how to do it on fuel. will i be able to spool that 71mm charger pretty good coming off at 6,000 rpms

I see a disaster waiting to happen if you come out at 6 grand!!!:doh: Those R's aren't necessary in that class at all. Nor will you anything close to that down the track. I would keep it to 5300 range.

i figured that too at 6 grand but that motor has did it for 6 years know, with no problems.

ok with 4.10's and 33" tires with that setup will it spool that 71mm charger with a 6speed in 4th low and stay on top of it, tryin to keep this thing where we can drive it on the street some.

I would keep the 3.54 gears or go with 3.73's with the 6sd in 4th low. 4.10's may be too slow of a gear and you won't have the ground speed you need.

decisions decisions decisions, man what to do. i really appreciate all the help guys i am used to twins and u dont have to worry as much because u have the bottom end power too so beating my head off the wall with this single charger thing.