Hows this setup sound for a 2.6 class truck

the truck already has a 13mm pump but the pump off my twin truck is huge with the quick rate cams and such, can throw it on and come play with the big boys huh. have i ever seen u pull smokeshow i have seen some good running dmax's jsut wondering which one u pull, if you can post up some dates with pulls in your area i would def like to come down and play and see where we stack up. let me know

c-ya man

anybody have any other opinions or ideas i really appreciate the help on the build.

thanks for the info 2tone12v, in my puller i had diesel performance engineering build mine with quick rate cam and the best parts it on the lowest setting is 560cc's and up top was 1080cc's, its hard to run on the street so in this one i just had barrels and plungers, shouldnt need much more than that in the street class should i, i really appreciate the opinions, we have a bunch of nitrous runners down here and we wanna show them how to do it on fuel. will i be able to spool that 71mm charger pretty good coming off at 6,000 rpms

Diesel performace engineering, in savannah MO?

I'm not a puller yet. Broke n truck (83) isn't done yet. I run around white Garrick gay though. He pulls a white cc sb chevy in 2.6. Mid dadmike gay pulls a green cc drw 2.8 Dmax called green sting.

C-ya

yes inline in savanna you know anything about them, seem to do good work. any other opinions.

just wondering what everybodys running for a cam, scheids, maxspool, i currently have a diesel pros and i have two of them but not sure what the specs r on them. let me know what u guys r running to spool this big single chargers.

For a Cam I would try and get a hold of gotta12v, builder of ragged out the truck that won TS 09 and scheids a event 2 years in a row, and talk to him about a cam or heck about how to set up the whole truck.

i will definitly contact him, i appreciate all the help, these trucks are so competetive anymore that the setups it. It sure does make it fun.

DPE

how did you know about a small diesel shop in MO if you are from KY that is what I am wondering. Yes they are good guys. Both of them have been in and around tractor pulling for a number of years.

i am not from kentucky and smokem (weston) told me about them. he said they are a very reputable shop, they seemed to have did a really good job on my 13mm pump.

ok fellas its coming together, tell me what u think know, 13mm pump by enterprise engine no quick rate cam has 913 cam, 5x.022 injectors, fletcher cam, mahle 20 thousandth over pistons fly cut for cam, head ported and polished, s475 turbo with a 1.0 housing bushed down to a 2.6, will be running a kennys street triple and 3.55 gears with a 6 speed and 325/60/18 tires which are a 33x13.50. I am wanting to run 4th gear low range in the six speed. will i stay on this charger with my fueling and cam with the 3.55 gears and should this be a pretty stout combination. i also have a fass adjustable 280gph fuel pump with 5/8" lines dual fed into the pump and a fluid dampr, 093 injector lines. let me know what u guys think will it be competitve. thanks allot

That should be a good setup.... might be alittle much on the injectors but it should be ok.

kino fab do u think i will spool that charger alright, i really dont think i need to go to 5.13 gears i think the 3.54 will be jsut fine.

You should be ok on that charger. That 1.0 exh housing should keep it spooled at the lower RPM. If you went with a 5spd and 5.13's i would say go with at least a 1.1 or 1.32 housing because the 1.0 housing will limit the RPM's some. I believe you'll have one healthy setup with what you have. May not be a 1st place truck everytime out but it should still be a pretty tough contender once you get the bugs worked out and the driving skills inline.

thanks kino fab, patrick (gotta12V) on here is really helping me out, getting a cam from him, and hes building my charger i guess its gonna have a 1.1 housing, im hoping that the 3.54's and a six speed running 4th gear which is around a 13.50 ratio with 33" X13.50 wide tires will give me that setup we want. i dunno i guess time will tell.

Back