I think it hooks up Darren...

Thanks for the comments guys! The trucks chassis is tired and the Dr. Perf. race may be its last rodeo? Not sure if Id rebuild a new chassis for it or start over with another build or just call it quites. I have no buss. behind the seat any more after 2 major neck surgurys this last year, its just so hard to give up what you've done every weekend for the last 15 years.
The 6 teens and twenty passes and the last 30" wheelie have wrecked the frame and made it super hard to get down track under full power.... ive crossed the center strip on several of the last couple dozen hits. I have great video but cant get it to load, I finally played with the t-brake some on this last trip out, wow it hits hard. Usually leave ~8-10# on the foot brake and 60' in the 1.34-1.41 range pulling the tires maybe 12-15" at most, the brake is a lot more instant and twist the hell out of the chassis, I still only brought it up to right at 25# on the brake, many people said the drivers side was up a good 2 feet before the pass. side even lifted, thats also what it felt like in the cab. I may concider building a dragster or a fuel altered but only time will tell, id like to have this drive train in something 1500-1800# lighter for sure. The truck has been a blast and prob. have put over 400 passes on it since last feb..
At the Dr. Perf. race if it has made it through the night in one piece, I think I will see what kind of wheelie she has in her, or at least if the drive line will hold one hell of a hard launch.... Im thinking high 1.1x's are doable with a t-brake lauch of 60# or so..... and some spray shortly afterwards. Ryan

So much for articulation contest!! Thats B'azz in a front heavy drag truck.

Short video

So much for articulation contest!! Thats B'azz in a front heavy drag truck.

YouTube - Ryan Tuckers Cummins powered 81 Chevy

Not much of a video, when it came down it was driving hard to the center stripe, it acually did go over the stripe but they didnt DQ the win. I lifted once there to get it off the stripe and again ~the 330' to keep from doing it again, the chassis is twisted badly and makes it hard to drive these days. It got a appointment with a body shop right after the Dr. Perf. race the 27th to get it up on a frame table. With the frame boxed and all that cage, I didnt ever see it twisting like it does but..... it went a 1.36 on this pass due to wheel slip, its been 1.34 on the foot brake.
Ryan

Last edited:
Very nice! Man you really wouldn't think it would twist up that bad. Oh well, hopefully they can bring it back around for you!

What size/model tires are you running?

I can't remember, did you 4link the rear of that truck?

Just amazing that you can lift an 1100 lb cummins that high in the air!

What size/model tires are you running?

I can't remember, did you 4link the rear of that truck?

Just amazing that you can lift an 1100 lb cummins that high in the air!

Not to take away anything that he has done, but some Turbo Pro mod/ Mountain type motors can weight just as much. It is much cooler to see a Cummins do it though.

Back