I think it hooks up Darren...

Freakin awesome picture!! And i do believe that it is hooking up pretty good now!!:rockwoot:

I think next year we should have an articulaton contest between Darren and Charlie :rockwoot:

IMG_2423.jpg

IMG_2509.jpg

Charlie has Darren beat in the Smoke Department for 09, but I think Darren may have a bit more daylight under the tire...

A plus and with the computer software support (so I have been told) to get the clutch dialed in it's even better! What are your thoughts on the Lenco over a Liberty?

Nothing against anyone trying to build on this scale but Darren started with a real drag truck, don't know how you can improve on this except for a lighter motor :)

Jim

I went with the Lenco as I've seen a few Liberty boxes break with big torque numbers. There both good boxes but I feel the Lenco is the stronger of the two. I've went a different way than the clutch and we will have to see if it works but if it doesn't it will not take much to put a clutch in. It's also much easier to rebuild a Lenco than a Liberty as each gear is a separate box.

I went with the Lenco as I've seen a few Liberty boxes break with big torque numbers. There both good boxes but I feel the Lenco is the stronger of the two. I've went a different way than the clutch and we will have to see if it works but if it doesn't it will not take much to put a clutch in. It's also much easier to rebuild a Lenco than a Liberty as each gear is a separate box.

Holy crap....... I had almost forgotten about your tube truck. am I gonna get to see that thing on the track before I retire? LOL

Holy crap....... I had almost forgotten about your tube truck. am I gonna get to see that thing on the track before I retire? LOL

I thought you already retired but you just go into the office for the free coffee?

Well as soon as the money gods send me some more spare change I will get it finished up. It's taken so long now I'm in no hurry to cut corners now.

To answer some questions I went with the lence because it was proven by keating and schied. I also heard the lenco was stronger than the liberty but not as efficent on gear change. So I chose reliability. This was a truck that was setup to go fast with a big block of some sort but not a diesel and not a lot of room for big turbos being I don't use nitrous. This is more challenging than you would think to get all of that weight in that small of a compartment. But I have enjoyed every minute and have not gave up just yet I think we are moving forward now I just need more seat time to get my head on straight. Thanks for all the comments.

Darren it's a bad arse truck period. Congrats on the progress you have made with it.

Get your head on straight???? Good luck with that Darren. LOL

Welcome to my world........:hehe:

Hell Jeff, sell one of the 63 projects you have going on, and voilla!

Darren, now that you have the new transmission, are you going to take out the multiple, "Cheating" devices you "Purposely" put in there to make your ET lower? I think at last accusations we were up to:

Lowered to strike the beams
Nitrous bottle thrower
Time altering GPS signal
Laser designator counter measures
Flux capacitor inhibitor
Radar absorbing body
Rancho shocks
Gravity reducing rubber composite tires

Did I miss any?

I forgot about the nitrous bottle thrower.... LOL

That particular device was the cause of a broken desk in Texas I hear.

Man... I need to get a patent on those devices LOL

I thought I would keep the nitous bottle throwing device and trade the other devices for a right hand smoke tube to turn on when I need a little extra insurance.