II silver bullet

LLY

Diesel Alcoholic
Who has one?And how do you like it?Mine should be here tuesday hopping to get 600hp when I have all my mods done.

I've run mine at 55psi, have a tons of fuel that I use and it's been a outstanding turbo. Got my truck to 750hp. I've never really seen any complaints about a SB. It spools nicely and is very streetable. I think you'll be happy.

Is that on your 3rd gen?I have DDP DV's right now but after I get my clutch in I will be getting some DDP STG4 sticks :rockwoot:

I have the Silver64 and am switching to Twins. The 74mm wheel on 12valves are slow on spoolup and smokey on the street.
Dont get me wrong, it makes tons of power, BUT its not what I was looking for.
Mine will be up for sale soon.

If your going for 600 hp with DV's and Injectors it will depend on the pump you have, 600 without water on a 12V is doable with a Silver Bullet.

Jim

agreed, for just driving around, I didn't like the bullet. once it was lit, it was an animal. if I didn't live at sea level, I don't think I would have liked it much at all

It should be here tomarow morning,I was told it would be laggy but I can live with that,it does not bother me much and want to put it in the pulls a few times next year just for fun,I probably wont be able to sleep tonight though:woohoo:

I have one ... Love the turbo!

Unfortunitly I have yet to see 600hp out of my setup ... Only have hit 580. I would think that my setup would be good for 600+

I have one ... Love the turbo!

Unfortunitly I have yet to see 600hp out of my setup ... Only have hit 580. I would think that my setup would be good for 600+

I have been watching your build on the other forum and have a very nice build going,I just want to get sideways when I shift gears :rockwoot: But right know my truck has no power because right be for I bought it the KDP got ahold of the case and I think the timing moved when they fixed the case so the timing if off bad.

I have been watching your build on the other forum and have a very nice build going,I just want to get sideways when I shift gears :rockwoot: But right know my truck has no power because right be for I bought it the KDP got ahold of the case and I think the timing moved when they fixed the case so the timing if off bad.

Thanks ...
My truck definitley has traction issues ... Just can't figure out why Im not hitting that magical "600" mark ... I just keep trying!! :bang

The silver bullet is a awesome turbo that is deffinantly worth the money. My brother dynoed 525 which was less than expected, but John from Floor-It diesel (his dyno) said it really liked the load but the timing was to low at 17*. We have since set the timing at 22* plus went from Bosch 300's to custom 5x.018 with custom nozzles with the spray patern for 20* to 30*, dual feeds and what ever else 1200$ gets you (hopefully alot uh). Nov 2 in danville IN is a dyno day that we are going to go to and get another run just to see what it will do now. It is a load down dyno also like floor-it so it will be as close to the same as we can get. I will report back on what it does. Tim

The silver bullet is a awesome turbo that is deffinantly worth the money. My brother dynoed 525 which was less than expected, but John from Floor-It diesel (his dyno) said it really liked the load but the timing was to low at 17*. We have since set the timing at 22* plus went from Bosch 300's to custom 5x.018 with custom nozzles with the spray patern for 20* to 30*, dual feeds and what ever else 1200$ gets you (hopefully alot uh). Nov 2 in danville IN is a dyno day that we are going to go to and get another run just to see what it will do now. It is a load down dyno also like floor-it so it will be as close to the same as we can get. I will report back on what it does. Tim

Good luck!!

If it dont do very good, we will blame it on the 300,000 miles. We are building a new motor for it anyway so it dont really matter but it would be nice to see what injectors and timing will do for the bullet. Tim

If it dont do very good, we will blame it on the 300,000 miles. We are building a new motor for it anyway so it dont really matter but it would be nice to see what injectors and timing will do for the bullet. Tim

Tim,
It should do great.
I did 580 with my setup ...

215 Pump
100 Plate
22* Timing
4k Kit
AFC Kit
Custom 5x18 Injectors
Custom Laser Cuts
Full Port & Polished Head
O-Rings
Studs
Silver Bullet
6" Stacks
AFE Stage I w/ Torque Tube
ATS 3 Piece Exhaust Mani
CFM Intake Horn
PDR IC Boots
Airdog 150 w/ 1/2 Lines
Snow Stage 3 Water/Meth
Southbend 3600dd

Maybe Im missing something ... but I can't understand where my extra 20hp is that I need :bang LOL

Will the SB bolt right up to the stock manifold?I shure hope so

Yes it will bolt right up, but it did take some clocking of the housings to get everything situated. We bolted the tubine to the manifold, clocked the cartridge to get the oil inlet and drain striaght up an down, then clocked the compressor housing to line up with the intercooler tubes.

Smokin diesel, we have CDS 5k gsk Maybe that would gain you 20 horse.

Tim

ya I will get one as soon as I have the money,I still need to get my DD clutch,injectors,and head bolts.