II silver bullet

Some people will say otherwise, but for $360 dollars, the Bosch 300's we ran worked quite well with the bullet and will leave you money for the turbo. As far as a clutch goes, Terry Schafer at powerpartsengineering.com sells a non sfi twin for $1300. it will hold everything you can throw at it and will do just fine for pullin. You can ask Smokin Flatbed about his or watch some of his youtube vids. Tim

They sent me a VP44 pump yesterday :doh: so my SB should be here in about 2 hours :woohoo: :woohoo: :rockwoot:

Yep I just got done putting it on,and like it alot but it needs the timing done bad casue it cuts out at 2100,I am taking it over tomarow to get it set back to stock and will bump it up latter,I will get back and tell ya how much more I like when I get the timing done. :rockwoot: :ft:

Are you still running stock injectors? That could have something to do with it cutting out. I ran 17* with a 2.8 hx50 and it wouldnt cut out until the 4k gsk ran out of rpm's. What are the rest of your pump mods? I just went back and read to see if there were any but i didnt see them. Tim

Last edited:
I have a 0 plate,afc arm cut and DDP DV's,but the truck has always ran like that since i bought it and have never got around to timing it. I think its off cause around 2k it starts cuting out and white smokes,and right be for I bought the truck the KDP took the case out and had to fix everything so I think the timing did not get checked when it got put back together.

When I get it back after it gets the timing checked I will check that out also.

I got the timing bumped from 7 to 17 last night,the water pump went out on the way home and thought it was a HG casue there was coolent everywhere,but got everything fixed and I like the SB alot more,I dont know while people complane about it being so laggy,maybe it dont bother me

Glad your liking the turbo who did you end up having set your timing for you?

Justin

levi,he is the diesel teacher at CSI in Twin

I dont know much about those numbers but are they still streetable,and where can I find them?

I dont know much about those numbers but are they still streetable,and where can I find them?

DDP 4's are supposobly equal to 5x14 because they "flow" so good

5x18's are custom made. Our injector shop didnt reccomend them unless they dual feed the bodies, remove edge filters, lift and pintle work plus had custom spray pattern for high timing. They are costly (1100-1200 bucks) though not a whole lot more than DDP's They are streetable, but haze pretty good and roll the smoke. I know that the silver66 in my brothers truck will not clean them up at all.

Pretty much any performance shop can get or will build them. I like the guy we deal with, but Schieds, Columbus, Industrial can hook you up

Tim

what about the DDP Comp injectors,are they 5x16?

im not sure on the sizes of DDP's because we tried to size test them and they are small. We called DDP and they say that size doesnt matter that its how much they flow and they rate theirs in LPM. Tim

Ok thanks,I guess I will go with the DDP Comp or the 5x18s