Indiana Diesel Shootout - June 8th

Anyone know what Bullydog is actually using for tuning? I havent seen the truck in person in awhile, but last time I did it was still using a triple dog.

Anyone know what Bullydog is actually using for tuning? I havent seen the truck in person in awhile, but last time I did it was still using a triple dog.

Dude he is a software engineer at bullydog. im 100% sure its his tuning! thats what he told me.

I hope you guys are right. It would be awesome for a cr to be running those times and nobody wants to see it more than me. And if it is, Jared, Ill be the first to apologize and shake your hand. We will see at the next event I guess. If the truck is in muncie, we wanna run heads up. That will take the guessing away. Or if the wastegate plumbing is fixed and the trans blanket is pulled up out of the way of the beams, then there will be no arguement. But at this point, there is just too much against it.

Yes he tunes the truck last time I looked I thought he was using a GT for the hardware.

Dude he is a software engineer at bullydog. im 100% sure its his tuning! thats what he told me.

Im pretty damn sure its Bullydog tuning.....Wade, read!! I was asking if anyone knew what "tuner" (I.E. Triple Dog, GT, etc) that they were using.

I didnt look at jareds WG set up, but if there pointed down that needs to be fixed no doubt.

i did see the time slips and all were legit except fior the 7.xx, IMO they both should have re-run, or something...looks like phil smoked everything down...maybe issue's?

Great job to all.

Not to change to topic from drag racing but did anyone get any videos of the 2.6 class? I can find 3.0 and ss but not 2.6

Jarid has unlimited control of the ECM, if I had to guess he's using BULLYDOGBYJARID tuning :)

I took this video with my phone, Jarid vs Philip http://s1139.photobucket.com/albums/n542/Howlinge/?action=view&current=VID_20130608_155537_721_zps926a030a.mp4

Last edited:
in the BD vs stucky video if you watch it slowly and pause it you can see jarids lights dropped then as soon as he took of the lights came back on then went off again

they were obviously smoked if its showing a 7.9, i doubt jarid will deny that one bit. That dude has put alot of hours into that truck and he takes alot of pride in it

in the BD vs stucky video if you watch it slowly and pause it you can see jarids lights dropped then as soon as he took of the lights came back on then went off again

they were obviously smoked if its showing a 7.9, i doubt jarid will deny that one bit. That dude has put alot of hours into that truck and he takes alot of pride in it

Jarid told me and Schrowang that he doesn't count that pass

Looking at the timeslips that were posted on the screen the only bully dog run that was bs was the 7.9xxx, as it had a .3xx 60' and not even topfuel goes that quick in 60'.

The other two runs that were 8's were a low 1.4x and a high 1.3x, both very believable runs. I didn't write down the increments at the time, but I did pause it and look them down, nothing stuck out as an anomaly other then the 7 second pass.

Ashley Black's trucks last exhibition run (the 9.0x) had similar short numbers 60' and 330', but was way down on the mph 150 vs 160. If they had the extra power that run they would have run a very similar 8.7x time.

So yes Bullydog smoked the lights on the one pass (the 7sec one), and it always shows in an unreal 60' in this case a .3xx, same as Armor's 9.17 run a year ago in mission with the .9xx 60'. If the truck runs the typical 60' and all the other increments make sense to that, it is hard to factually argue that.

Where they have their wastegate pointed is another debate all together.

Our 9.17 60' was a 1.2xx something

Looking at the time slips they look legit to me and I would think if he smoked the lights his 60's would be less then the 1.40's he is pulling. Would have to see other video to see if his waste gate was causing any issues but he did have two passes at those times and speeds and what are the chances of it happening twice....Jarid is a legit kinda guy and its a hard pill for me to swallow that he beat us to the 8's lol but I am positive we will meet him there...

I just watched the vid on motormaniatv.com of your race, and you are correct. The times add up. Also, watching closely you see that the wastegates DO NOT open until he starts to move. Its legit to me.

The run against Stucky was obviously false. Stuckys smoke was just as bad on Jarids side as anything from the wastegates under the truck. So maybe thats why he got the win? From the motormaniatv point of veiw, Im not sure if Jarid could even see the tree from Stuckys smoke.

I think you might be right, sure looked like the lights flickered and Jarid left, there should have been a rerun, but someone said, (Buck I think) that Team Green had issues and wouldn't have made any difference. At first I thought that Jarid just left early, but after watching it a few times the lights did flicker due to the smoke and he left thinking the tree was coming down. So my earlier statement that Jarid left early was wrong. He left on what he thought was a good tree.