Injection pump cam updates

The stresses involved will dictate springs that need to be changed every 150- 200 passes based on the stress calculations by the spring engineers. This is with the best spring material available, with all of the fancy treatments. The other springs will be for people spinning 5,000 max with 12mm and 13mm plungers for the street that are good for 100,000 miles.

Glad your figuring this one out, I've only beat a few cams out of 13mm pump because this was never addressed but that was a few years ago......pumps are not my best friend!

Jim

Got some flow numbers back today from Northeast. The cam allowed the pump to produce 50-75cc's over the 913 cam at varying RPM.

Was that a 12 or 13 mm pump that was tested?

More importantly... What affect did it have on the rate of injection????

Was that a 12 or 13 mm pump that was tested?
More importantly... What affect did it have on the rate of injection???��

13mm to 13mm
You are correct, that is the more important thing. As far as rate of injection, we have reached the limit of the Landis grinder. It is as fast as is geometrically possible. As far as HP, I stopped posting dyno numbers, but you will have a chance to see it run on the track.

If you would like to talk to Kevin about his in-house grinds, you can take that up with him, that is none of my business. My designer maxed fill time and shortened injection time as short as possible without taking any other cams into account. Like I said, we have reached the limits of the grinders if that says anything.

Last edited:
Was that max injection rate reached with a 4" wheel on the Landis?

I know you are trying to bust my chops, but I don't know of a way to calculate actual rate of injection with so many variables. Rate of lift, yes, but not rate of injection. You would have to include, plunger o.d. and rpm. But this would not account for different factors like delivery valves and differing injectors.

Last edited:
Sorry - no busting chops or need for calculation... just wondering if the Landis was optimized for inverse lobe radii - helps with stuff like jerk and snap.

Looking forward to seeing it in the track. Hope it works out