International Coded Block Cummins?

My 94 has th IH block. Not sure on the head, but I'll check. Of course, the intake section of it is gone now. :evil

IHC

I've seen a few of these myself.

Last edited:
my engine had the little bumps refered to above...IH head and block.

I dont know about the metal properties differences, but i do know that alot of casting foundries will outsource buiseness from other companies because it is all about money. Cat in peoria was casting blocks for JD but then JD built a better more effeciant plant so now they will cast them for cat.. This also goes by engine block sizes too. I used to run a drill rig and would do soil borings for like when they were going to build a new plant or add a new line, plus alot with the epa for the oil contaminated sand after casting seting water sampleing wells. Tim

IMG_0522.jpg
[/IMG]

You can partialy see the bumps on the right in this one:
photo-52.jpg
[/IMG]

Here is bigger picture .....

Attachments

• international.JPG
    international.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 112
AstoSS what kinda engine is that in the picture above? Marine? Air-to-water intercooler, wierd oil pan, etc. etc. looks different....

I'm glad that there's a bunch of blocks with the bumps buy the starter that are IH blocks! We might have the beginnings of a way to identify an IH block without having the timing gearcase removed.

Now, just to be sure, does anyone have a non-IH block that has the bumps?? Also, any IH blocks without the bumps?

Im more curious if they offer any additional strength over a standard block.

Or what is the strongest OEM block.

Im guessing the 480HP marine CR block now....

My I/H block cracked in the main journals. It also had the bumps on the side.