International Coded Block Cummins?

AstoSS what kinda engine is that in the picture above? Marine? Air-to-water intercooler, wierd oil pan, etc. etc. looks different....

The engine is from Hitachi excavator. Original block with casting 50 was cracked and I repace it with '94 Dodge Ram block (International casting).

The picture was made after major overhaul.

yes that's where i thought... i keep wondering if the motor mounts have anything to do with this... that's alot of torque to be held with those 2 dinky mounts in such a chitty location..

Speaking of STORM block, do you have any photos of your IH STORM? Curious what the markings look like on the outside.... You just don't come across too many IH blocks on '98 12v's.

If You need I can make few pictures in tomorrow

Yeah, I am intrested in those also. I have two 98 12valve blocks....one is a 53 though and the other I am guessing is also a 53 but I could be wrong.

Ryan

Got a IH block in my 98' with dual oil drains. But I dont have thosed little bumps by the starter though.

Got a IH block in my 98' with dual oil drains. But I dont have thosed little bumps by the starter though.

Those little bumps are only in 94-97 IH blocks (pre-Storm), I post pictures of my '98 12V block tomorrow morning

IH casted STORM block from '98 12V

IH1.JPG

IH2.JPG

IH3.JPG

IH4.JPG

Notice : Not all '98 12V engines are with IH blocks, I have also spare '98 12V engine with Brazil made block

I'm glad that there's a bunch of blocks with the bumps buy the starter that are IH blocks! We might have the beginnings of a way to identify an IH block without having the timing gearcase removed.

Now, just to be sure, does anyone have a non-IH block that has the bumps?? Also, any IH blocks without the bumps?

I just checked my 89 block, it has the same bumps and is not an IH block. The area of the bumps takes up roughly the same size as the ones in the pictures but there are only about half as many bumps. The bumps arent as "dense".

I have the same #6 on my 98 12v block with the IH symbol. How do you know if its a storm block? Also my head has the stepped triangle in the back by the lift hook. Is that Mexican? I heard that the nickel content was Higher in the mexican stuff. is that true?

I have the same #6 on my 98 12v block with the IH symbol. How do you know if its a storm block? Also my head has the stepped triangle in the back by the lift hook. Is that Mexican? I heard that the nickel content was Higher in the mexican stuff. is that true?

Here is non-Storm IH fuel pump side:
photo-52.jpg

Storm fuel pump side:

IH1.JPG

Pre-Storm - 1 turbo oil return adn only 4 threaded holes for engine mounting
Storm - 2 oil return, 6 mounting holes for engine mounting

Just see the pictures, there is lot of differences

Mexican casted symbol should be like cut half triangle, not 2 triangles facing each other like IH

Funny....all the blocks I have are IH blocks. Same with cylinder heads.
Lucky I guess my 98 storm is IH. I've had 4 of them without even trying...just luck