Is a ats compound set up what i need ?

EFI live is the best, hands down. Also, ATS is improving. I've never been a fan, and have been quite outspoken at that. But, I must admit they've been working on it, and have come a long ways.

so which do you recomend? which model ? thanks

In my previous post. Smarty SSR or UDC. For efi live just get the auto cal. With what ever tunes you wish to have. Efi live does does not mass produce the handhelds loaded with tunes. Efi sells the hand helds to the end user or to business that creates a tune with the software and then loads it on to the hand held.

In my previous post. Smarty SSR or UDC. For efi live just get the auto cal. With what ever tunes you wish to have. Efi live does does not mass produce the handhelds loaded with tunes. Efi sells the hand helds to the end user or to business that creates a tune with the software and then loads it on to the hand held.

pm me who has the best deal on the smarty and model # .thanks

Model of Smarty will depend on your goals.
Jr. , Sr. and then SSR is the order from min to max with features. The UDC software is an add on that works for all of them.

Price will be the same from all legitimate dealers. If you find it cheaper somewhere they are not where you want to buy. No warranty or support if purchased from non legitimate source.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

model of smarty will depend on your goals.
Jr. , sr. And then ssr is the order from min to max with features. The udc software is an add on that works for all of them.

Price will be the same from all legitimate dealers. If you find it cheaper somewhere they are not where you want to buy. No warranty or support if purchased from non legitimate source.

Sent from my samsung-sgh-i747 using tapatalk 2

are you located anywhere around mass diesel ? I know some people from ct that deal with them .

Dodge Cummins EFILive AutoCal

This who i deal with, the autocal is a downloader such as a Smarty or any other handheld tunner. The difference is instead of generic preloaded tunes the autocal is written for your specific mods on your vehicle. The tunes are completly custom to your application. For best results i would suggest finding a efi tuner in your area, that might mean driving up to a couple hours to get your truck to where the tuner guy is. Some may/will disagree but for absolute "best" results this will need to be done. The other way to tune is to data log on your auto-cal with a laptop and send the data back to the tuner to make adjustments for a perfect tune. This requires being more computer savey..

My experience with H&S on my 6.7L was hot, smokey, violent power-band, and the engine made unusual noises. It is a good tool being updatable and a complete gauge package all in one. But the stuff going on internally wasnt worth the power it did give me.

With the Smarty Jr. it is probably the most user friendly and mild tunner available. There are a few different settings and nothing to wild. You would probably net the best mpg and safest power levels with this hand-held. Being what it is.. most guys power level patience runs out and upgrade to the Smarty S-06 version.

This S-06) has alot more variables and requires the user to kinda "find" what works best based on adjusting settings. This is a powerful tuner, it has the ability to adjust beyond safe levels for your truck to operate if you do not know what you are doing.

The SSR version is an advanced version of the S-06, it requires alot of patience and self tuning. I do not recommend it for someone who is not going to devote hours and days or possibly dyno tuning your truck.

And then UDC... it can be had in the Smarty Jr up to the SSR. Complicated and you'll need to spend even more time than the SSR itself.

My suggestion (safer option) if your towing and daily driving with safe levels: Smarty Jr. POD(all settings on 2) Edge CTS monitor for gauges. With the twins you'll see very cool temps, great mpg, and excellant streetability (increased spool up).

Hope this helps, as mentioned before try and use the search function before asking model info and specific info found in the links that were posted. Also look at peoples signatures and kinda research some of those items listed. You can google search as well. Most will assist in explaination but there will be those who flame on you for asking simple questions cause you appear to be lazy just looking for a quick answer.
Good luck and welcome to CompD

Last edited:
Joelc79

I have used SSR since released. UDC is easier than SSR in regard to getting truck to do exactly what you want. Several people and shops also help create tunes specific to your needs. What you can do with UDC will depend on modal of Smarty.

Joelc79

I have used SSR since released. UDC is easier than SSR in regard to getting truck to do exactly what you want. Several people and shops also help create tunes specific to your needs. What you can do with UDC will depend on modal of Smarty.

As have i, just trying to simplify an explanation for the guy. He comes across as a complete newbie and it could look like chinese to someone unaware.

Sent from my F'n space phone

I would never run the smarty jr.

I always recommend the S06 because you can always run them on lower setting like 30hp. Much more versatile and will better suit the needs of more people.

It's not like the S06 lowest level is kill.

I would never run the smarty jr.

I always recommend the S06 because you can always run them on lower setting like 30hp. Much more versatile and will better suit the needs of more people.

It's not like the S06 lowest level is kill.

Have you ever ran a Jr.? Have you ever seen what happens when you put a S-06 in the hands of a beginner?
The Jr. is a great tuner, not to mention there is UDC available for it.

Have you ever ran a Jr.? Have you ever seen what happens when you put a S-06 in the hands of a beginner?
The Jr. is a great tuner, not to mention there is UDC available for it.

Yeah I have. Plenty of them. Especially when the 67me came out and was only available in the JR. I'm no newb.

why does everyone hate ATS so much? I thought they were supposed to be a good company? not trying to hyjack or anything.

why does everyone hate ATS so much? I thought they were supposed to be a good company? not trying to hyjack or anything.

It's their attitude/service towards customers. Not to mention their overpriced parts that are not exactly what they say they are sometimes.

There one of the largest companies out there that caters to the diesel crowd. I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. Your never going to hear all the happy customers raving about their products and service, just the bad ones. I think they do so well because they have great marketing (great, i mean compared to other diesel parts shops). As far a overpriced, it seems to be just their single turbos are high...must be the purple paint.
I have only had good dealings with Patrick from ATS on here and i think most would say the same that actually deals with ATS.

I would check out MPI, their turbos kits are great quality and they will build to whatever the application. Also there is nothing out there that will touch EFIlive tuning by some of the reputable tuners like dans diesel and kory willis @ PPEI.

you could go stock turbo over S400 kit and it would work great for heavy towing.