it lives again!!

1bad93

that guy
well for the first time in 8 months i finally got to take my truck for a drive after building a set of compounds, head work, and new injectors. kinda a bitter sweet moment tho, the ex on the hx 35 housing seal decided to give way and start putting oil into the exhaust. so tomaro i am going to rip it off and get it resealed. but over all i am pretty happy with the way it ran. spools pretty dang well, never really got past 20lbs. but man does that s472 like to talk!!
jon

Congrats. Make sure your drain tube is free and clear. Keep us posted on your results.

Congrats. Make sure your drain tube is free and clear. Keep us posted on your results.

this was my first thought, that it got backed up and pushed the seal. but i have trouble thinking that -10 an line isnt enough. but ill look more into it tomaro.
jon

Cool beans! Glad to hear that. So HX35and 472 on the turbos?? I'd like to know your boost numbers once you get to do some driving.

Last edited:
just yanked the turbo, it seemed the oil was running freely. guess ill know what happen when the turbo gets tore down. and yes its a hx 35/40 into a s472 with a 1.10 ar t6 ex side. heres some pictures of the setup.
2012-09-17_22-08-42_284.jpg

IMG_20120624_155703.jpg

Like your truck alot man. With your fenders off you make me want to do a flip forward hood and fenders like a big rig. It would be so much easier to work around the engine. I contemplated mounting my twins like you have yours when I was looking into a new set. But ended up trading for the ones I have. nice setup.

Eric

Awesome first gen!!! Your right in my back yard so maybe i'll meet you one day.... would love to see this thing in person!

Do you think you will have a problem keeping that 90* silicone boot on where the cold pipe from primary goes to the secondary?
BTW, I like that tool box in front of the truck.

I love how you set that up. I think my next set I'm going to do like this. How difficult is it to get to your oil filter?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Do you have any pics of how you did your support bracket for the 472?

Congrats on the startup, man!!

On the drains, a -10 is only a 1/2" ID. The factory drain line is 7/8(-14), so unless that's nearly a vertical drop it may not be enough. My twins are sharing a 7/8 drain, but it's such a pain in the ass to find the hose I'm debating dropping them to 3/4 just in case something happens.

Do you think you will have a problem keeping that 90* silicone boot on where the cold pipe from primary goes to the secondary?
BTW, I like that tool box in front of the truck.
I cant really say have the 90 is going to work yet. I've heard of them lasting till about 80psi but well see. And thanks.

Awesome first gen!!! Your right in my back yard so maybe i'll meet you one day.... would love to see this thing in person!
Thanks, for sure man. Im always game for meeting new people and bsing about trucks.

I love how you set that up. I think my next set I'm going to do like this. How difficult is it to get to your oil filter?

Its a real pain to get to it. If i get a chance i would like to put a remote oil filter setup on it. As of now you have to remove the cold pipe and take the oil returns to get to it.

Do you have any pics of how you did your support bracket for the 472?

Im at work, so i cant get pics off my phone. but when i get home i can grabs some for you. But it goes to the manifold bolts and also y's to the oil filter bolts. But im gona have to make a bottom mount as well, the turbo vibrates alittle more than i would like at a idel.

Last edited:

On the drains, a -10 is only a 1/2" ID. The factory drain line is 7/8(-14), so unless that's nearly a vertical drop it may not be enough. My twins are sharing a 7/8 drain, but it's such a pain in the ass to find the hose I'm debating dropping them to 3/4 just in case something happens.

Ill be pissed if i have to make them again:bang. But i do see what you saying, i never would had guess they were that big from factory. But i know when i clocked the housing on the hx i had to use a torch to heat it up. So i was thinking i may have melted the seal. But i dropped off to the shop and i guess well see what happen.
Jon

Nice truck and good luck getting the turbo fixed. It could have been leaking on the truck it came off of. I use the flexible oil return stainless lines from a Detroit Series 60 on HT60's and haven't had an issue with oil return backing up.

Nice truck and good luck getting the turbo fixed. It could have been leaking on the truck it came off of. I use the flexible oil return stainless lines from a Detroit Series 60 on HT60's and haven't had an issue with oil return backing up.

Im still think the seal went because of taking a torch to it to free up the housing. But i wont know till i talk to the turbo shop, And thanks man.
Jon

Awesome setup man. Being somewhat local, maybe i will see you at an event sometime. Would love to see it up close.

-8 is 1/2" ID, -10 is 5/8" ID, -12 is 3/4" ID and -16 is 1" ID. You can see the pattern forming...

Back