it lives again!!

You might try running with the gate open. When I wired the gate shut on my 95 (57mm/71mm twins) boost went from 57psi to 65psi, but drive pressure went from 65psi to 99psi! Truck also lost about 15hp.

Its on my to do list. Just have to find a gate that will fit in the space i have. Honestly im really kicking myself for not going to a external gate.
Jon

posted while getting paid.

How in the hell did u get that intake horn to clear the hood with the intake grid header??? i made one and its no taller then yours, if not shorter and i cant run it with my intake grid heater or my hood wont close

Its on my to do list. Just have to find a gate that will fit in the space i have. Honestly im really kicking myself for not going to a external gate.
Jon

JQmile You don't have an internal gate on the HX40?

I think he may be hurting for space, if I had to guess.

I ran an HX35...the gate opens at c.15-20psi and then just acts like a housing with more volume....which you'll need at 500+.

How in the hell did u get that intake horn to clear the hood with the intake grid header??? i made one and its no taller then yours, if not shorter and i cant run it with my intake grid heater or my hood wont close
Well im running cooler tubz, so i dont know the specific on it fits. I know its dam close. But honestly the cold pipe between the turbos rubs on the heat blanket on the hood.
Jon

JQmile You don't have an internal gate on the HX40?

I think he may be hurting for space, if I had to guess.

Exacly, i have the cold piping for the turbos running over the secondary charger. So i might have 2-3 inches to work with. One of of those little things you tend over look when building the piping. Witch is why early in this thread i was asking about spring style wastegates since they tend to be much smaller. I was thinking of cutting down stock gate. But never got around to it.
Jon

Exacly, i have the cold piping for the turbos running over the secondary charger. So i might have 2-3 inches to work with. One of of those little things you tend over look when building the piping. Witch is why early in this thread i was asking about spring style wastegates since they tend to be much smaller. I was thinking of cutting down stock gate. But never got around to it.
Jon

We all make mistakes. I know your probably in no mood to cut an reconfigure(nice paint work). But I'd look into it. You can ask stackx2 how many times I've thrown a fit in the shop. Get all the way done with something, and then damnit. I throw things like a little kid throwing a tantrum, then go for a long soul cleansing walk. I fiddles with a linear actuator on the fly with my setup. I found that with the gate set at 20psi like John had it works the best.

We all make mistakes. I know your probably in no mood to cut an reconfigure(nice paint work). But I'd look into it. You can ask stackx2 how many times I've thrown a fit in the shop. Get all the way done with something, and then damnit. I throw things like a little kid throwing a tantrum, then go for a long soul cleansing walk. I fiddles with a linear actuator on the fly with my setup. I found that with the gate set at 20psi like John had it works the best.[/QU

I hear you on that, if i had a dollar for every time i pulled the twin setup off and on... well i would probley be able to do twins twice:banghead:. But as soon as i drag myself back into working on it ill make something work with the space i have.
Jon

Jon

You could always do a hillbilly gate like that's on my 89. It's survived for like 4 years now! :Cheer:

1007dp_04%2b1989_dodge_cummins_airflow_boost%2bturbo_bolt_on.jpg

Well after missing the local dyno day for the second time, Im officially sick of my truck being down. So come hell to high water, I'm dead set on it being fully functional and on the road by the end of this weekend. Parts ordered today and I'll be in my shop all weekend. Keep you guys posted on the updates.
Jon

wish i was closer man... i would be game for some wrenchin.

Haha, could always use a extra hand. But ingot the couple little things that I need in this week. So I'm thinking either tomaro after work or on Monday since I have the day off.
Jon

Back