it lives again!!

ya im pretty freakin jealous :/ not gna lie thats a sweet setup. would you mind sharing/PM'in me on about what you've got into that turbo setup?? and where you went through to get parts? thanks tater

Very nice, I really like the way you set your turbos up. I will be doing mine very similar when I get to that point in my build.

Did ya find out what was causing the oil?

well im pretty dead set on it was the seal, but why the seal went is unknow yet. i droped the turbo off at my local shop two weeks ago and didnt hear back yet, but im gona call them tomaro morning. so hopfully ill have an idea on what happen then.
jon

well a little update on whats going on with the turbo, talked to the shop today. well they got it all apart and said that it was a little on the worn side and that the ex side seal was shot. so that in itself explains the leak. so they still have to media blast the turbo and get it back together with all fresh bearings and seals. so hopefully mid next week i should have it back and on the truck:rockwoot:. ill make sure to report back when i accully get a chance to take it for a good drive.
jon

I envy you man, what do you have your HX wastegated at?

for the time being i will be running it ungated, just wired the gate shut. but as soon as i can find a spring style wastegate that will work with a hx turbo ill play with the gate. when i made the cold pipe for the turbos i didnt really factor in the massive stock wastegate and it wont fit with out hitting the cold pipe.
jon

I find it odd that diesel site doesn't list them on their site any more. I had to search for a while to find that. I wanted to make sure they were still available in case I want to put one on my HX40 on my compounds. :)

well aparently my truck is in love with my garge, it dosent want to leave!!! well i got my hx back from the shop yesterday so i through it on and to my disapointment it still seeps. much less than origanlly but none the less when you get the turbos running at a steady 15-20lbs it start to seep out of both sides of the turbo housings. so befor i totally lose faith in my -10 an lines im going to replace the 90 degree fitting to a 45 and see if it dosent fix it( i would go to a straight fitting but there is no way to run it with the down pipe).i did drive it to work today tho,and over all im still pretty dang happy with the way they run, super good spool up(close to stock running around town) and still havnt really pushed them too hard(i only went to 40lbs today) so im really excited to see what they feel like at full tilt. but with the 5x16 injectors i deffently have a good amount of pump tuning to do, cause from the pump setup i ran with the old POD injectors with these injectors they smoke constantly and thats just obnoxis. oh and my alternator decided to bite the dust as well seeing how it only puts out maybe 10vs. but ill keep pluging away at it, ill be sure to update this thread as i make head way.
jon

Its looking very good to bad the turbo is leaking oil... I have started driving my every day again for the winter months.

It sat allot over the summer.

That stinks about the turbo again. I hear you on the 20 year old truck thing. I can't get mine done to drive them. You should feel lucky. Haha LOL

You drive yours during the winter? Man thats a nice truck to pull dd during the winter months. But thanks man, its was pretty much a copy of yours and JAyers setup:D. But unforantly with this storm i haven't made any progress with it so far, but as soon they get the power back on i can get into the shop again.
Jon

posted while getting paid.

Last edited:
Any updates? Curiouse if you've ran the truck through the paces.

Not really, figured out my charging issues. Still seeps oil out of the turbo even with 45 fitting. So im just gona pull the pan and weld a bung in so thier will be two separated oil returns. And i need to retorque the head. But i had take it out of the nice heated shop for other projects to get done. So its sitting in another garage thats far too cold to work in. So as soon as i can get a nice break in the weather ill knock it out. But the few miles i did get to put on it, its seemed run great.
jon

posted while getting paid.

You might try running with the gate open. When I wired the gate shut on my 95 (57mm/71mm twins) boost went from 57psi to 65psi, but drive pressure went from 65psi to 99psi! Truck also lost about 15hp.

Back