It starts as a bare frame.....

After all ive read on here I really began to think the Duramax's were more of a plug and play format. Man if thats what it takes I'm kinda glad they dont make EFI-LIVE for the Cummins.

Brayden @ FPE said:
Who's making a billet frame? I want one :D
Better place your order now, it may take up to 9 months for there customer service department to return youir call. :hehe:

Hey Guys...quit bugging the poor guy! I know what he is going thru:Cheer:

After all my poor truck at one time was stripped down to the ugliest frame every, modified to look pretty like this (Yes that nice shiny red motor helps with looks)
PICT0049_resize.jpg

But there is a very positive side to it....

it now looks and does this:cheer: :Cheer: :rockwoot:

TruckResized2.jpg

Looks good so far! Those GM frames are nice and wide for fitting drive train and I actually find that the flex seems to be an advantage pulling, especially with the long wheel base.

RyanB

RyanB said:
Hey Guys...quit bugging the poor guy! I know what he is going thru:Cheer:

Looks good so far! Those GM frames are nice and wide for fitting drive train and I actually find that the flex seems to be an advantage pulling, especially with the long wheel base.

RyanB

Ryan, if I'm guessing correctly, this is a prelude to plating the frame...not for cosmetics...

nwpadmax said:
Ryan, if I'm guessing correctly, this is a prelude to plating the frame...not for cosmetics...

If by plating, you mean chrome plating......That's phat yo!

carfichris said:
Just say NO to Bling........Chrome wont get you home........Homie
Don't forget the rest of that saying....Chrome won't get you home, but it will get you laid. :hehe: At least in the custom bike world that is.

If its what I think it is......it used to have a smashed up pewter body on it

If by plating, you mean chrome plating......That's phat yo!

No, meaning boxing it in. They've already started plating and welding all the holes up front.

Now if it was chromed after that was all done, that'd be impressive.

Mine was blasted right down also. I was going to Newfie Chrome it (you american's wouldn't under stand....we make fun of our East coast causins...the Newfoundlanders) I would say you could also call it Red Neck Chrome....you know...chrome in a arosol paint can!!! thought it would have looked killer for the first 2 days untill the sun faded it, then it would look like $hity aluminum!!!!!!!!

Mine was blasted right down also. I was going to Newfie Chrome it (you american's wouldn't under stand....we make fun of our East coast causins...the Newfoundlanders) I would say you could also call it Red Neck Chrome....you know...chrome in a arosol paint can!!! thought it would have looked killer for the first 2 days untill the sun faded it, then it would look like $hity aluminum!!!!!!!!

We call that Kentucky chrome here:hehe: