It starts as a bare frame.....

Now you've got it Eric.... It is all about the spectacle, not the result LOL Perhaps you should put some coffee cans in the bed with lead shot in them loaded into a paint shaker that cranks up as the truck is slowing down..... The noise alone would have folks talking for months on end LOL

He doesn't want it to sound like a Cummins. :eek:wned:*bdh*

:pop:

HEY !!!!!! you can't steal that idea from Daryl, he invented that for the old white dodge . the east siders are gonna get ya now LOL

Maybe if Darryl sees this post he will get that thing back to the "street" class and pull with it again.

Last I heard he was going to be at Barnes & Noble autographing copies of the DPC DVD.:fish:

I herd he was standing on a milk crate behind the table signing and telling every body how great he is.:bow:

Its just a show truck, dont plan on putting a motor in it, well, maybe something to hook to the sled, big fat injectors and a small turbo...something that will blow the smoke reallllllllyyyy high in the air and kick the water on early, make it look like it blew up or other problems then tow it off the track with some fancy decked out golf cart.....

Ya just gotta get them talkin:rockwoot:[/QUOTE]

how about 4inch drop short tires and bling bling rims it will be easyer climing in and out of and it will be better for the woman when there loading the box with chips snacks doughnuts and beer:hehe:LOL:hehe:LOL

more progress

frame boxing nearly complete....

Axle needs some parts...

Attachments

• pullingtruck 072.jpg
    pullingtruck 072.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 151
  • pullingtruck 073.jpg
    pullingtruck 073.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 118
  • pullingtruck 074.jpg
    pullingtruck 074.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 136
  • pullingtruck 075.jpg
    pullingtruck 075.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 108
  • pullingtruck 076.jpg
    pullingtruck 076.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 105
some body work

gotta make the whole truck pretty, no body see's the frame

Attachments

• cab.jpg
    cab.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 128
  • cab1.jpg
    cab1.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 96
  • cabrepairing.jpg
    cabrepairing.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 87
  • capprimer.jpg
    capprimer.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 96
10 gauge I think is what it is.

If I had the equipment to do so, we would have cut some 3" holes in it and used a die forming rig to put a flare in, save a bit of weight and make it stronger

Not sure if stiffer is better in this situation, but before the frame was boxed, I could pick up the back corner of the frame about 3" before the front would lift off the stand, now when I pickup back corner, the whole side lifts right up.

We still have lots of structure to weld in once the drivetrain is in place, but if stiff is good, we are on the right track