It starts as a bare frame.....

It was a joke Mat..

Are you still sore about me making those chargers? Afraid you won't be king of the hill next year? Getting beat by a lil 'ol VGT?

For Work Stock, right? :hehe:

Where's Broviak? He'll want one too. :D

looks like another project in making along the lines of the duraFord:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

I never thought of the chrome, that might be cool....

No sand blasting here, I dont have pics of the stripping process. A couple gallons of diesel fuel, er, frame stripper and a couple scrapers followed by some armstrong work with the scotchbrite and then a good power washing to get it to that point.

Yup, it used to have a pewter body on it, body man called today said the cab is done.

waiting on kingpin parts for the front axle.

Gotta give a shout to Supersonic for the tech help with the project so far as well as the local gang, you know who you are.

Jim, Rod wont let me build the DuraFord, this one is gonna have to be something different.

should slap a dodge body over it for the ultimate sacrilege......

looks good cant wait to see it....

i forgot to post this up in the other thread, you CAN get a 6.20 gear for a dana 60, look around on Racing Junk and several of the trucks are listed having 6.20 gears in their front Dana 60, so YES, you can get them aftermarket.......

It was a joke Mat..

Are you still sore about me making those chargers? Afraid you won't be king of the hill next year? Getting beat by a lil 'ol VGT?

I know, I was goofing with you too! Smile!

I have no soreness about your chargers. I'm running a class where a VGT will only get you....uh....honorable mention :D

It looks like another D-max being built for super street or mod class that we have to hear about how bad a$% it is. How it is coming out in the summer then the fall, etc... to pull and beat up on the Dodge Boys and instead just sits there and collets dust until they put a Cummins it in.

I thought this was the Comp-D not the Diesel Place:eek:wned::poke:*bdh*

Last edited:
Wrap the frame rails completely in duct tape & you'd have POLISH chrome!

Mine was blasted right down also. I was going to Newfie Chrome it (you american's wouldn't under stand....we make fun of our East coast causins...the Newfoundlanders)
There are 3 kinds of people in the world:
Canadians
Not Canadians
and Newfies:hehe::hehe:

It looks like another D-max being built for super street or mod class that we have to hear about how bad a$% it is. How it is coming out in the summer then the fall, etc... to pull and beat up on the Dodge Boys and instead just sits there and collets dust until they put a Cummins it in.

I thought this was the Comp-D not the Diesel Place:eek:wned::poke:*bdh*

No, over on Diesel Place, it would be a bunch of people telling ya that you cant weld on a stock frame like that or cut on it. Could void your warranty.

Its just a show truck, dont plan on putting a motor in it, well, maybe something to hook to the sled, big fat injectors and a small turbo...something that will blow the smoke reallllllllyyyy high in the air and kick the water on early, make it look like it blew up or other problems then tow it off the track with some fancy decked out golf cart.....

Ya just gotta get them talkin:rockwoot:

Its just a show truck, dont plan on putting a motor in it, well, maybe something to hook to the sled, big fat injectors and a small turbo...something that will blow the smoke reallllllllyyyy high in the air and kick the water on early, make it look like it blew up or other problems then tow it off the track with some fancy decked out golf cart.....

Dammit, someone is always stealing my ideas! :hehe:

Eric, don't weld on that frame, it could void your warranty. LOL

Well heck if thats what your building, will you build one for me too. Its alot more affordable if it never has to actually make a pass. Just make sure it has a bunch of turbos.....take that Watson theory about more places to spray the ether and run with it.

No, over on Diesel Place, it would be a bunch of people telling ya that you cant weld on a stock frame like that or cut on it. Could void your warranty.

Now you've got it Eric.... It is all about the spectacle, not the result LOL Perhaps you should put some coffee cans in the bed with lead shot in them loaded into a paint shaker that cranks up as the truck is slowing down..... The noise alone would have folks talking for months on end LOL

The body off of Big Bad Diesel is on Ebay right now. Post on DP that you bought it and plan to build the Duraford. Could be the most viewed post ever.

HEY !!!!!! you can't steal that idea from Daryl, he invented that for the old white dodge . the east siders are gonna get ya now LOL