I've got problems

wap said:
On the Cp3 description, is that for the stage 2 or 3? Or are the procedures the same, just the 3 gets bored a little more?

On the FCA you take the factory spring and bore it out? Does this effect the integrity of the spring?

Sorry for all the ?s but this is very interesting to me and I understand if you dont want to answer some, its no big deal.
PM Sent.

I have been running the MAX Rail on my wifes truck all day and no issue's. DRB says 23,200 psi at 100% and WOT. I don't see why Phil's truck won't put down 680-750rwhp with his new set up. He made 580rwhp with small dryer and stock sticks.

sootman said:
I have been running the MAX Rail on my wifes truck all day and no issue's. DRB says 23,200 psi at 100% and WOT. I don't see why Phil's truck won't put down 680-750rwhp with his new set up. He made 580rwhp with small dryer and stock sticks.

with or without MP8?

sootman said:
100% means MP8 goober....Mp8 was all the way up and boy was she clattering.:doh:

I thought so but you could have been refering to 100% throttle according to the DRB. Guess i thought too hard on that one.

Phil what happened to the twins. Get sick of mess'n with them.

file19.jpg

All of the injectors came back but one looks like this!

within 24 hours another injector was in its place. Still waiting on a turbo....

EVERYTHING is back together. Fired it up and theres a haze at idle the injectors are kinda big

BUT THE PROBLEM IS STILL THERE!

Still knocks. Still goes away in Reverse. Still goes away when you rev it up.

the mechanic working on it said he can see some marks on the converter where the converter has hit something.

The mechanic also said the truck was dead when he put the batteries back on. (its been without batteries for 3? weeks). He said it would barely turn over but not enough to start. He said you could hear it under the truck..sounded like a knock in the bell housing area.

HERE is the latest theory:
Torque converter came loose under power and cracked the adapter plate. The reason it goes away in reverse is because the torque is the other way. The reason it goes away when you rev it up is because the cummins doesn't lope past 1300-1500rpms. It will lope at idle though. This would explain why it doesn't knock with the tranny out of the truck.

Injectors/CP3 are fresh.
Oil and filter have been changed.
Both fuel filters have been changed.
The engine has been bore-scoped from the injector holes.
The engine has been bore-scoped from the exhaust side as well.
The knock can't be in the bottom end of the motor because it wouldn't go away when revved up or put in Reverse.

That rules out everything but the tranny/flexplate/adapter plate, right?

I'd definately say that it would rule out everything but the tranny. If I were you I'd be fuming mad right now.

973604x4 said:
EVERYTHING is back together. Fired it up and theres a haze at idle the injectors are kinda big

BUT THE PROBLEM IS STILL THERE!

Still knocks. Still goes away in Reverse. Still goes away when you rev it up.

the mechanic working on it said he can see some marks on the converter where the converter has hit something.

The mechanic also said the truck was dead when he put the batteries back on. (its been without batteries for 3? weeks). He said it would barely turn over but not enough to start. He said you could hear it under the truck..sounded like a knock in the bell housing area.

HERE is the latest theory:
Torque converter came loose under power and cracked the adapter plate. The reason it goes away in reverse is because the torque is the other way. The reason it goes away when you rev it up is because the cummins doesn't lope past 1300-1500rpms. It will lope at idle though. This would explain why it doesn't knock with the tranny out of the truck.

Injectors/CP3 are fresh.
Oil and filter have been changed.
Both fuel filters have been changed.
The engine has been bore-scoped from the injector holes.
The engine has been bore-scoped from the exhaust side as well.
The knock can't be in the bottom end of the motor because it wouldn't go away when revved up or put in Reverse.

That rules out everything but the tranny/flexplate/adapter plate, right?
AHH!, But the tranny was pulled and all that was checked. REMEMBER! Motor oil and filter were free of metal. Phil now has a badass motor with a questionable tranny. I don't want to dog another shop but somebody needs to warranty that man's tranny. Phil is so pissed, he wants me to fix the tranny. Phil also has 65psi before the pressure relief. (OIL PRESSURE). That kind of pressure is impossible if it was a bottom end knock.

sootman said:
AHH!, But the tranny was pulled and all that was checked. REMEMBER! Motor oil and filter were free of metal. Phil now has a badass motor with a questionable tranny. I don't want to dog another shop but somebody needs to warranty that man's tranny. Phil is so pissed, he wants me to fix the tranny. Phil also has 65psi before the pressure relief. (OIL PRESSURE). That kind of pressure is impossible if it was a bottom end knock.

fix the damn thing already, i'm ready to go play with my injectors and silverbullet!

it 1 of 3 flex plate , adapter plate, or convertor. and most of the times it is either loose bolts or cracked flex plate. i doubt it would be any thing past that ! just my 2 cents ! been a long time but was a builder for A+ in houston 16 years ago !

dang did not notice all you guys are all around me LOL

live in magnolia TX well just out side it to the west towards field store area

moneymaker44 said:

My machining facility is in Magnolia. :Cheer:

moneymaker44 said:

I'll be passing through Magnolia tommorrow. I've been through there a few times already. :Cheer:

moneymaker44 said:
it 1 of 3 flex plate , adapter plate, or convertor. and most of the times it is either loose bolts or cracked flex plate. i doubt it would be any thing past that ! just my 2 cents ! been a long time but was a builder for A+ in houston 16 years ago !

My thoughts exactly!!:bang

Bob Wagner said:
Phil, you going to dog james now? :badidea:

Thanks for your contribution to this thread. You're such a great guy Bob, we can't all be as good as you! :umno:

Back