I've got problems

sootman said:
My machining facility is in Magnolia. :Cheer:

really i have probably seen it just did not know it LOL .

i work nights so i will be passing throuh there myself about 2:00pm headed to work i work over by intercontential AP so i go 1488 to 45 through the woodlands ect.

Phil if i see you running though town i will give you a wave ! always good to know so many Comp diesel comrads are close by. that is if you are driving that red dodge in your avatar :)

Last edited:
973604x4 said:
I'll be passing through Magnolia tommorrow. I've been through there a few times already. :Cheer:

been through college station many times myself go to get poles there from a buddy who works for a sign company

moneymaker44 said:
Phil if i see you running though town i will give you a wave ! always good to know so many Comp diesel comrads are close by. that is if you are driving that red dodge in your avatar :)

Ummm this thread is about the red truck in my avatar :hehe: It is sitting in Sootman's driveway currently. I'll be passing through Magnolia in a 97 half ton 4x4....you can't miss it. Both exhaust tips are bent from dragging the ground and you can tell the truck has been submerged in mud and water LOL

Holla at me when you are up this way towards College Station

yeah i knew it was about that truck just did not know it was at Sootmans already just figured you were driving it there LOL . but if i spot ya i will give you a shout!

moneymaker44 said:
yeah i knew it was about that truck just did not know it was at Sootmans already just figured you were driving it there LOL . but if i spot ya i will give you a shout!

yea it has been in Sootman's driveway since the end of June. :doh: Thats why I have lost patience in this deal.

973604x4 said:
yea it has been in Sootman's driveway since the end of June. :doh: Thats why I have lost patience in this deal.

well sorry to here you have been with out your truck so long !
can't blame you for getting a bit on edge !

Phil, there has got to be a tranny you can get your hands on to test your/yalls theory. It sounds like it has got to be somewhere behind the crank. It would be some work to swap a tranny just to test it but it would beet spend X amount to replace stuff and not fix the problem.

wap said:
Phil, there has got to be a tranny you can get your hands on to test your/yalls theory. It sounds like it has got to be somewhere behind the crank. It would be some work to swap a tranny just to test it but it would beet spend X amount to replace stuff and not fix the problem.

Thats our idea as of now. I'm goin to Sootmans house to assist him with all of this today. I'll report our findings later.

Def bsounds like the motor is fine.usually when there is a knock in the bottom end it will shows its face in many ways.sounds like sootman knows what he'sdoing.i would but my thoughts that there something in the tranny or outside of the engine.:what:

moneymaker44 said:
you guys find the problem today ??

I spent the day buttoning up all the little things on his truck. I had a head studs and injectors job today. I will be pulling his tranny sometime this weekend I think. I have a new Suncoast flywheel and torque converter if needed.(most likely). Other than the knock in the bellhousing, Phil's truck sounds great.

flexplate5.jpg

Wheres the lock tight? NO LOCK TIGHT ANYWHERE

flexplate1.jpg

flexplate2.jpg

flexplate3.jpg

flexplate4.jpg

Pictures speak louder than words, right?

Sorry for the cruddy pics, its an old camera. We'll do our best to get better pics soon!

ahh heck, that's the "new" rattle trans. It makes a hell of a racket to scare the competition. :hehe:

.....dang man, that sucks! Who installed that trans? What kind was/is it?

It maybe old but it's mine.:hehe: Pic's show wallered out holes in flexplate, severe scarring on flexplate between crank and flexplate. Tranny adapter is scarred up from being hit by flexplate. I was going to redrill flexplate, but it's bent, so that's out of the question. Torque converter looks OK. All the crank bolts came loose with no tension. I guess Phil is sending these pic's to DTT. I think he is looking for a new flexplate and bolt kit. Good Luck, Phil. Tell them to overnite this stuff. I am tired of looking at that red truck!:hehe: All that HP and you can't drive it...... what a kick in the :kick: LOL

sootman said:
It maybe old but it's mine.:hehe: Pic's show wallered out holes in flexplate, severe scarring on flexplate between crank and flexplate. Tranny adapter is scarred up from being hit by flexplate. I was going to redrill flexplate, but it's bent, so that's out of the question. Torque converter looks OK. All the crank bolts came loose with no tension. I guess Phil is sending these pic's to DTT. I think he is looking for a new flexplate and bolt kit. Good Luck, Phil. Tell them to overnite this stuff. I am tired of looking at that red truck!:hehe: All that HP and you can't drive it...... what a kick in the :kick: LOL

Tranny man is calling you right now.

The tranny is a DTT.

Sootman is not the installer or builder, he is just a friend saving my ass in the situation. He pulled the tranny today and snapped the pics.

Geez. Your damn right I'd email those to DTT and make them make it right. That's mule muffins is what that is. I understand that mistakes can happen but this is a big mistake.

well if he is any kind of dealer he will stand behind his work and take care of the bill or atleast pay for some of the parts.

good job boobie helping him find the problem.

Back