Ive SEEN THE LIGHT!!! Ppump drag truck build

Governor springs have been tuned on for roughly 15 hours on both pumps to get to this point. It has been very tedious to what it wants...

Have to ask bj. I haven't seen it in person yet. I was up there when it was trying to run away and he had to be up there holding it back with the shut off.

Seems like a lot of bigger trucks idle around 1000 I would if it were me.. I idle at 850 in the puller..

My 95' idles right at 1050 RPM when warmed up in neutral, 900 in gear. It has Darren Morrison 5,500 RPM springs. They are set up at 2 soft and 2 hard clicks in a non-benched 160 pump. At 2 soft and 5 hard clicks, it idled right at 1450 RPM but it still wouldn't hang or run-away.

Small setback tonight. Watered the track at edgewater.

3db7173f.jpg

Sounds like the governor springs still need some tuning...although, I don't know why you want it to idle at 700? Idle should be 750-850 in gear.

Chris

700 was just a guess where it was sitting at...the tach issues havnt been resolved yet. I've been trying to get it to idle and run like my schied pump with 5k's in it...it idles at about 850..drop into gear it losses maybe 50 rpm not much. but will rev to probably 5500 rpm yet. The truck is exibiting the same troubles it had with the cds pump and this is a known good pump on it now. It has me frustrated no doubt, but I'm not going to give up and it will make some good passes here soon....There is a very real possibility tthats it is trans related though...chase commented tonight that its dropping into gear a hell of alot harder than it ever has in the past when it wasnt dying...just need to talk to some people and get thier opinions.

Question wouldn't it drop into gear harder when as you said it idols higher ? Than before. Seems like you are out of options on your pump setups and are now grabbing straws at what's wrong to many changes done at once. Turbo pump injectors and so on I'm no expert but changing everything at once when it dosent perform well or the way you want it to dosent mean you have to throw a ton of parts at it it just needs a little more tuning time that's just my thoughts not trying to piss on anyone's feet.

I think not I pine the pump on the beck my self put it on the truck and it ran fine. the best it ran has been with that pump. it was delivered pined and started. I don't think it can go bad as to only having 10 or so passes on it.

Pull the springs and check inner and outer spring heights. I have had to grind a few set to match. Made all the differnce inthe world on setup. You may not have enough gap between the inner and outer springs to give you some idle control in gear. Just a thought.

Quit changing other crap put the CDS pump back on get rid of that fletcher cam

has it been ran with the new pump . if so what were the numbers?
Also what all has been changed if stuff is being thrown at it

Just a little update on the build this winter for round 2:
12v head on my 24v block with the intake cut off, PDP intake
Big fletcher cam, .125 valve relifs
Mahle pistons
Block stiffener
12mm ARP mains
ARP rod bolts
13mm piers stupid pump
SDX sac 5x20's
gear driven pump off the front cover
adj pump gear
balanced bottom end
S472 over 98mm HX82 twins

The dying problem ended up being a toasted convertor. It had a very high stall and was quoted to only get 30 passes if I am lucky. I made 45ish and tons of street testing...whoops.

The headgasket was also blown in between cylinders in two different places, cant say that helped the cause.

My lift pump was an airdog250 but I bought it for a vp and it wasnt capable of delivering the volume of fuel needed at a higher psi.

Hopefully this round will go better. I am making sure to go through everything so there are no mysteries.